XDA Orbit question

Guest girobank

Guest girobank

Hello, just got me an XDA Orbit. Really like it, apart from one small thing - being the lack of keypad for texting. I was wondering though, is it possible to bring up a 0-9 number pad, like the one you can get up for dialing phone numbers (i.e. big buttons), cos if so I would just use that like a normal keypad for typing with my fingers.

Any responses much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Guest debully
Hello, just got me an XDA Orbit. Really like it, apart from one small thing - being the lack of keypad for texting. I was wondering though, is it possible to bring up a 0-9 number pad, like the one you can get up for dialing phone numbers (i.e. big buttons), cos if so I would just use that like a normal keypad for typing with my fingers.

Any responses much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

yes its completely possible to install a T9 keypad as an input method. This is easily installed via a cab file that has probably been ripped out of another phones rom. Don't think you'll find it around these parts but if you head over to xda-developers and have a look in the Artemis forum I think you'll find what your looking for. Works like any other t9 - i.e. you can add words etc.

Guest Pondrew

Yup, as far as I'm concerned one of the biggest mistakes by HTC in recent months was dropping Phone Pad T9 application from their Pocket PC Phone range. It used to be one of their biggest selling points... :)

Guest girobank

Managed to get it now, so that's all good.

One other thing that you guys might be able to help with. The vibrate function is very strong and goes on for a good couple of seconds. Is there any way to change the power or duration of the vibrating function?

Managed to get it now, so that's all good.

Could you point me to the solution you found? I've had a look at the site mentioned but I couldn't find a link to that software.

Thanks for your help.

Guest girobank

Will do. At work at the moment, but will post the link here when I get home tonight. (For some reason the XDA Dev site is blocked by our firewall...)