DontForget 2 - More than missed events notifier

Guest hujer

Guest ozeegers
However, you are running DF on the PocketPC device and it is intended for Smartphones in this version.

The next release version will run on PocketPCs as well (even this is not "real" PPC version).

For now you can try to "fix" it by adding following registry entries.

Please add following keys to you device registry:

Create the key HKCU\ControlPanel\Profiles

Create the key HKCU\ControlPanel\Profiles\Silent

Create the key HKCU\ControlPanel\Profiles\Loud

Create the key HKCU\ControlPanel\Profiles\Normal

Create the key HKCU\ControlPanel\Profiles\Meeting

Now you should be able to run the DontForgetAdmin and set up all parameters.

Please note that due to missing Profiles on PocketPCs you have to switch off following options in the Admin:

- deactivate in following profile:

- switch to following profile (in both deactivation and re-activation section)

Full featured PPC version should be available late this year (I hope).

Hujer, i tried the above but it gives me the same error...

So, i asume your program doesn't work for me for now?

I created String keys (Normal, Loud etc.) via a registry editor... or should it be a binary key ?

Olivier

Guest hujer
Hujer, i tried the above but it gives me the same error...

So, i asume your program doesn't work for me for now?

I created String keys (Normal, Loud etc.) via a registry editor... or should it be a binary key ?

Olivier

You have to create KEYS not Values. See picture in attachment.

post-171468-1175252764_thumb.gif

Guest ozeegers
You have to create KEYS not Values. See picture in attachment.

OK.... that works... thank you very much :D

It seems to work seamlessly now, i only needed the LED blinking functionality and this works very well!

It also doesn't seem to slow down the system... :(

There would be no chance of missing phone calls due to a bug, would there ? ;)

I'll update my experiences after using it a while!

yours,

Olivier

Guest rabbit_23

I hate to bring the forum back to 2003 phones... but I have an SMT5600 and would love to use your app! You mentioned that you know how to change the registry for missed calls, but don't know how to create alerts for other missed events. Could you give me the values to change in my registry for the missed calls at least? I would love to have that if nothing else! Thanks!!!

Edited by rabbit_23

Guest hujer
I hate to bring the forum back to 2003 phones... but I have an SMT5600 and would love to use your app! You mentioned that you know how to change the registry for missed calls, but don't know how to create alerts for other missed events. Could you give me the values to change in my registry for the missed calls at least? I would love to have that if nothing else! Thanks!!!

Where I mentioned "...that you know how to change the registry for missed calls..." ?

I'm sure DF will not work under WM2003.

• 2 months later...
Guest fenningenarius
Feature request: Disable DontForget reminders during a call, or delay them until after the call.

I keep a 2 minute interval on DF reminders. If I'm on a call and a reminder goes off or an sms comes in, I already have the phone in hand so I know about the event. However, I find that unless I acknowledge the calendar event or read the sms, DF continues to remind me. That makes for a lot of distractions during the call.

hujer, will this functionality be in the 2.50 release? I really love the program, but it's annoying when my phone starts vibrating during a call. I can't hear what the other person on the line is saying.

anyway, thanks for the program.

Guest hujer
hujer, will this functionality be in the 2.50 release? I really love the program, but it's annoying when my phone starts vibrating during a call. I can't hear what the other person on the line is saying.

anyway, thanks for the program.

Yes, this will be included in 2.50 :)

Guest KillBait!

hujer.. i've tried all versions of Dontforget2 upto 2.10 Beta 2 and have the same bug with my HTC S710

if vibrating or a sound is played on a notification it will play once only and dontforget just exits.

Is this bug going to be fixed for the next version?.. DontForget is great and it's just the most useful programe :)

Guest cldchc

On my SPV E650 (like HTC S710) there is another problem. If i select to switch phone in fligh mode at specified time, it doesn't do nothing.

Have you notice this also in HTC S710?

Guest KillBait!

I've never used the deactivation setting before, just tried and doesn't work properly, the phone beeps and the status icon changes but it doesn't switch profiles

Edited by KillBait!

Guest ems275
Ok guys, please wait for the final release version 2.50.

But because I'm very,very,very ... (trust me) busy now I will (maybe) publish latest Beta version first ...

Watch DontForget News on my site.

Anxiously Waiting the New Realease :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RSkillz

Hey just found out on this great piece of software.

Is it possible to create an option to start a certain program when switching to a certain profile?

If not, I would like it to be a feature request :)

It would be awesome to be able to switch manually to a "headset" profile (which lower the volume on the ringtones)

and then also automaticly start Coreplayer.

Guest hujer
Hey just found out on this great piece of software.

Is it possible to create an option to start a certain program when switching to a certain profile?

If not, I would like it to be a feature request :)

It would be awesome to be able to switch manually to a "headset" profile (which lower the volume on the ringtones)

and then also automaticly start Coreplayer.

Yes, this will be possible and included in the new version (2.50).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rbianco

This software is a must-have! Thankyou for the GREAT job!

A small feature request:

i'd love to have the notification via a FASTER led blinking.

Say, i have an SMS, and the led starst blinking every 0.25 second.

Guest Authrom

Hey I was wondering if there is a way to make it vibrate and have a flashing LED when I get a mms or a sms?? Because sometimes I dont feel it vibrate if im driving or something and I would like to just look at the LED to see if I have a message. On the other hand I dont want to have to look at my phone every second to see if I have a message. I checked enable vibrate and led flashing but it doesnt seem to want to work..I have a t mobile dash but I dont think the phone has to do with it.

Other then that great product and keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey I was wondering if there is a way to make it vibrate and have a flashing LED when I get a mms or a sms?? Because sometimes I dont feel it vibrate if im driving or something and I would like to just look at the LED to see if I have a message. On the other hand I dont want to have to look at my phone every second to see if I have a message. I checked enable vibrate and led flashing but it doesnt seem to want to work..I have a t mobile dash but I dont think the phone has to do with it.

Other then that great product and keep up the good work!

When the option "Use LED alert" is ON, your device LED light will speed up the blinking rate twice as described here.

When vibrate option is enabled you have to use a profile which also enables vibration in order to "feel" it. More again here.

^^ Good to see you're still around ;)

Any word on how the new version is progressing?

It may sound stupid, but I'm not even touching my HTC Vox (Smartphone) now.

I'm using my trusty HTC P4350 (PocketPC).

But I think your software will give me the needed functionality to switch phones :wub:

Any word on how the new version is progressing?

I'm sorry for the delay(s) but I'm quite busy currently :wub: . But this week I finished 2.50 version of the DontForgetAdmin part.

Next week I would like to start working on the last part i.e. on main application and implement a few missing features. After that, in 2-3 weeks, I will publish first (and I hope the last one) beta version of the 2.50 version before final release planned for October.

Hope this is a good news ;)

I'm sorry for the delay(s) but I'm quite busy currently :D . But this week I finished 2.50 version of the DontForgetAdmin part.

Next week I would like to start working on the last part i.e. on main application and implement a few missing features. After that, in 2-3 weeks, I will publish first (and I hope the last one) beta version of the 2.50 version before final release planned for October.

Hope this is a good news ;)

Yes very good news. It's nice to know what you're up to.

Look forward to the release! :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.