Snooze (alarm)

Guest rogueqd

Guest rogueqd
No that is some fast service!!! Can't wait to see what the future holds...

lol, your just lucky that my new flatmate moves in today so I'm sitting around waiting for him. :)

PS. Here's a version with the Automatic profile option.

Snooze.zip

Edited by rogueqd

• 2 weeks later...
Guest keithmaddock

I have a problem with this program on my Motorola Q where if the keypad is locked, then the alarm will run only 3-4 repeitions of the WAV or MP3 file, and then dismiss itself. Is there any way to fix this?

Guest rogueqd
Is there any way to fix this?
Without a Motorola phone myself it's hard to say what the problem is. I've made a test version for you to try. It loops the sound in a different way, which I hope will fix the problem, and also displays a message saying "Snooze is exiting cleanly." just before it closes. That way you can tell if it is really dismissing the alarm or if it's crashing.

Let me know if it works, and also if you always see the exiting message.

Edited by rogueqd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm very new at this.

I upgraded my mpx200 to wm5 today, but I don't know how to install a .cab file.

I seem not to have a file explorer to seach for the cab file.

Is there another way?

Thanks in advance

Guest chrisjaffe
Hi I'm very new at this.

I upgraded my mpx200 to wm5 today, but I don't know how to install a .cab file.

I seem not to have a file explorer to seach for the cab file.

Is there another way?

Thanks in advance

It has been a while since I have used that phone but I don't believe that that version of WM5 came with a file explorer. You can get a third party one that will work. I use SP Smart Explorer because you can use it for free. Another popular one is Resco Explorer which I am sure has a free trial. Just google for either you should be able to find them pretty easily.

• 1 month later...
Guest nexus
Here's 1.2 beta. Just replace Snooze.exe with the one in the zip file. I'll upload it to the download section over the weekend unless anyone finds a bug to report.

Thanks for all your feedback oldSAP. Get this version, as it has some improvements from the one I sent you the other day.

Edit: File removed. Version 1.2 is in downloads page.

FYI: on my Qtec 8500, wm5 I get an microsoft .net compact error. I need a newer version to use snooze.exe.

Guest rogueqd
FYI: on my Qtec 8500, wm5 I get an microsoft .net compact error. I need a newer version to use snooze.exe.

Do you have compact framework 2.0 installed?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest golgotha100

Hi. Great program. WM5 should have a decent alarm clock built in, but this is an excellent replacement. I have one question though: is it possible to make the phone vibrate as an alarm? I don't see any option for this in the program, and I don't know how to make the phone do this programmatically.

Thanks. Awesome job even without the vibrate.

Edited by golgotha100

Guest rogueqd
Hi. Great program. WM5 should have a decent alarm clock built in, but this is an excellent replacement. I have one question though: is it possible to make the phone vibrate as an alarm? I don't see any option for this in the program, and I don't know how to make the phone do this programmatically.

Thanks. Awesome job even without the vibrate.

Hi golgotha,

Thanks for your comments. I have added the vibrate functionality, and hopefully finally found the bug that causes the sound not to play sometimes. I want to test this for a few days, then I'll post the new version in the downloads section.

Guest golgotha100
Hi golgotha,

Thanks for your comments. I have added the vibrate functionality, and hopefully finally found the bug that causes the sound not to play sometimes. I want to test this for a few days, then I'll post the new version in the downloads section.

Yay! ::Happy Dance

Guest rogueqd
Yay! ::Happy Dance

Here's a version with vibrate. I'm still testing it, but let me know what you think.

Oh, and I changed the alarm volume options. Old alarms will still have their old volume options, but if you edit them you'll need to pick a new volume unless they are set to Full.

Snooze_vibrate.zip

Edited by rogueqd

Guest golgotha100
Here's a version with vibrate. I'm still testing it, but let me know what you think.

Oh, and I changed the alarm volume options. Old alarms will still have their old volume options, but if you edit them you'll need to pick a new volume unless they are set to Full.

I'll set two alarms tonight for testing in the morning. I'll let you know how they work.

Guest golgotha100

ok. I already had two recurring alarms set for M-F, one at 6am, another for 7am. With the updated program, I did not change anything except I checked the vibrate option. The "Action" is set to "Play sound", and the "Sound" defaults to "QUEST1.WAV"; vol@100%.

The alarms went off as desired. The alarm vibrated and played the WAV file simultaneously. Vibrate made quite a racket too which is very desirable. It would be nice if you could press any button to snooze, and only the left soft key to quit the alarm, but that's a very minor thought that does not detract from the user experience.

If I wanted just vibrate without a sound file, I suppose I could create a blank WAV file, and store that on the phone? Perhaps that could be included?

Great update. I did expect the vibrate option to be a list item in the "Action" drop-down menu, but a check box works fine too. The update works as I wanted/hoped/expected it to do.

Thanks for the update!

Guest rogueqd
If I wanted just vibrate without a sound file, I suppose I could create a blank WAV file, and store that on the phone? Perhaps that could be included?

Great update. I did expect the vibrate option to be a list item in the "Action" drop-down menu, but a check box works fine too. The update works as I wanted/hoped/expected it to do.

I guess I could put it as an action, but I thought it worked better as an addition to the sounds. One of the new volume options is 1%, which you virtually can't hear unless your in a quiet room, so you could set the volume to that if you wanted just vibrate.

Also, you can press any of the number pad keys to snooze for the default snooze length, you only need the menu if you want to snooze for a non-default time. That was one of the features I wanted that prompted me to develop it in the first place. :rolleyes:

Lastly, you realise this plays MP3's too right?

Guest golgotha100
I guess I could put it as an action, but I thought it worked better as an addition to the sounds. One of the new volume options is 1%, which you virtually can't hear unless your in a quiet room, so you could set the volume to that if you wanted just vibrate.

Also, you can press any of the number pad keys to snooze for the default snooze length, you only need the menu if you want to snooze for a non-default time. That was one of the features I wanted that prompted me to develop it in the first place. smile.gif

Now that I think about it, having vibrate as an option allows for flexibility.

I did not know about using the number pad keys to snooze. That is ideal.

I just love this program.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dan8859

Just wanted to say I've been using this app for a few months now and it's great. Thanks very much. I have it set up to open a playlist where a song is randomly played from a list of fairly chilled tunes to wake up to. Only improvement I can think of is the unlocking of the phone as the alarm goes off, but I'm very very appreciative of the hours/days it's taken to get this far. Cheers.

• 2 months later...
Guest rogueqd
Only improvement I can think of is the unlocking of the phone as the alarm goes off, but I'm very very appreciative of the hours/days it's taken to get this far. Cheers.

Yeah, that feature is the only one on my original list that I never managed to work out how to implement.

Speaking of adding features, it's been ages since I've even looked at the code for Snooze. If anyone would like the source code to continue the development please let me know. The only condition being that you post any new versions here so that others can continue to download it for free.

Or, is there any sort of open source source control place someone can suggest that I can upload it to?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rogueqd

I decided to do a little more work on Snooze, so here's the latest version. I've tested it myself, but I'd like a few other people to test it as well before I put it in the downloads page.

The changes are:

Vibrate again (I lost the source code for the last vibrate version, and the new code is better anyway)

Treeview file browser

Better storage card code, the program will now find the storage card independantly of where it's installed

Bug fix where a sound would keep playing when you closed the Options window

Tweak to provide a better interface when changing the alarm action

Removed check for old alarms stored in registry

I've removed the files. Please get v1.3 from the downloads section

Edited by rogueqd

• 1 month later...
Guest rogueqd

I'm not sure how many other people have experienced randon lockups while using Snoose, specifically while playing alarms or queueing multiple sound alarms. It has always been a major annoyance for me but I had no clue what was causing it.

Anyway, I fixed a major hidden bug and after testing for a week I'm pretty sure I have eliminated the lockups. If anyone else has experienced these and would like to test, I'd love to hear some feedback.

I've also added an option for 24 hour time, select it in the Options form.

Once I get a couple of confirmartions re the lockup bug I'll post 1.3.1 in the downloads section. This is intended to be the final version of Snooze (unless someone sends me some code to override the keypad lock).

File removed. please get 1.3.1 from the download section.

(I'd still appreciate comments confirming that the lockup bug is fixed, or not)

Edited by rogueqd

• 4 months later...
Guest Mistertwo

I've been trying to use Snooze on my Moto Q9H but can't seem to get any sounds to play including the default quest1.wav file. It does vibrate, just no sound. I've tried downloading .NET CF 2.0 but was prompted that it was already installed on the phone. Everything else works fine as far as I can see. Anyone have a clue why I can't get any sounds?

• 1 month later...
Guest hotdogg
I've been trying to use Snooze on my Moto Q9H but can't seem to get any sounds to play including the default quest1.wav file. It does vibrate, just no sound. I've tried downloading .NET CF 2.0 but was prompted that it was already installed on the phone. Everything else works fine as far as I can see. Anyone have a clue why I can't get any sounds?

I have a Moto Q 9h and have the same problem... no sound. I moved sound filles in to the Programs/Snooze folder and I can see the different sound files when setting alarms but the only thing that works for me is the vibrate as well.

Guest rogueqd
Anyone have a clue why I can't get any sounds?

Snooze should give you an error if it can't find the fmod dll, so the only other thing I can think of is maybe fmod doesn't work with the Moto Q 9h, have you tried using any other programs that use fmod for sounds?

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the program. It works great on my SPV E650, but when I try it on my older SPV E200 it doesn't work. I installed the latest version of snooze, but when I try to open it, I just get the turning circle (processing) and after 2 seconds, nothing happens.

Is it not compatible with Win CE 4.20 ? Is it anything I could do to get it to work ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Guest rogueqd
Is it not compatible with Win CE 4.20 ? Is it anything I could do to get it to work ?
I've never tested it on 4.20, but there's no particular reason why it shouldn't work. Have you got the .NET Compact Framework installed on the CE 4.20 phone?

[Edit] Oh, I just remembered, the fmod dll included with the install is specific to WM5, for WM2003 you need to download a different fmod dll from their web page. www.fmod.com (or org, or something, just google it, lol)

Edited by rogueqd

I've never tested it on 4.20, but there's no particular reason why it shouldn't work. Have you got the .NET Compact Framework installed on the CE 4.20 phone?

[Edit] Oh, I just remembered, the fmod dll included with the install is specific to WM5, for WM2003 you need to download a different fmod dll from their web page. www.fmod.com (or org, or something, just google it, lol)

Thanks for your reply. I have tried replacing fmodce.dll with few versions I found on the internet. Still no joy. I tried to install .NET CF 2.0 but it says is not compatible with the current OS.

Sorry to be a pain but I am quite a novice with smartphones.

Edited by Guest

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.