SDA will not boot and battery will not charge

Guest dee_shot

Guest dee_shot

My SDA will not boot or charge the battery.

It was working fine, the battery drained, so I plugged it into the wall charger and it wouldn't charge.

I got an external battery charger and charged the battery.

I am now able to turn on the phone but it gets stuck at the white TMobile screen.

I tried to do a hard reset, by getting to the boot loader screen and pressing "0".

The phone gets stuck at the white TMobile screen again. It has been stuck there for about 45 mins.

Does anyone know if this is fixable? and if so, how? Is my phone dead? Thanks in advance.

Edited by dee_shot

Guest The Doctor
My SDA will not boot or charge the battery.

It was working fine, the battery drained, so I plugged it into the wall charger and it wouldn't charge.

I got an external battery charger and charged the battery.

I am now able to turn on the phone but it gets stuck at the white TMobile screen.

I tried to do a hard reset, by getting to the boot loader screen and pressing "0".

The phone gets stuck at the white TMobile screen again. It has been stuck there for about 45 mins.

Does anyone know if this is fixable? and if so, how? Is my phone dead? Thanks in advance.

Hi dee_shot

Welcome to MoDaCo :)

First things first, which tmobile SDA do you have? Is it the original SDA, SDA Music or the SDA II?

If you can't work it out then don't worry, turn the phone off by taking the battery out, put it back in, press and hold camera and plug into the usb port on your computer. It should come up with a 3 coloured screen. Should say something like Typhoon or Hurricane or Tornado IPL 1.01 etc. I need to know what it says on that screen to help you :D

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

Guest dee_shot
Hi dee_shot

Welcome to MoDaCo :)

First things first, which tmobile SDA do you have? Is it the original SDA, SDA Music or the SDA II?

If you can't work it out then don't worry, turn the phone off by taking the battery out, put it back in, press and hold camera and plug into the usb port on your computer. It should come up with a 3 coloured screen. Should say something like Typhoon or Hurricane or Tornado IPL 1.01 etc. I need to know what it says on that screen to help you :D

Phil

Hey Phil,

Thanks for your help.

The three-colored screen says...

Tornado IPL 1.00

Tornado SPL 1.00.0014

Tornado IU

It's very odd because the phone started to work again after my first post, so i hard reset it and then re-unlocked the phone. but then I plugged the phone into the wall charger and the battery died and I am once again stuck in the same predicament. Thanks again for your help!!

dee.

Edited by dee_shot

Guest The Doctor
Hey Phil,

Thanks for your help.

The three-colored screen says...

Tornado IPL 1.00

Tornado SPL 1.00.0014

Tornado IU

It's very odd because the phone started to work again after my first post, so i hard reset it and then re-unlocked the phone. but then I plugged the phone into the wall charger and the battery died and I am once again stuck in the same predicament. Thanks again for your help!!

dee.

Hmmmmm, very strange. Deffinately fixable tho :)

Ok backup EVERYTHING on your phone via active sync or exchange server as fixing it will effectively hard reset it. Download i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.333.1.zip from ftp://ftp.clubimate.com and unzip it

If you can boot your phone it'll be alot easier :D if not, skip to 2.

1. download spv-servies from www.spv-developers.com, unzip and run SPV-Servies.exe, it should say ALL OK (RAPI Init Successful) or something like that along the top. (if not you need to application unlock and install the cert.cab found in the SPV-Services zip file.) select CID tool from the left, and it'll say reading encrypted block, if it hangs check your phone, it may ask to runs an untrusted application component, press yes. it'll then show you your CID, press CID=11111111 and it'll say CID change success. run the Rom update you downloaded at the begining of this post :D

2. right click on the exe you unzipped and using winRAR extract the exe. download TyphoonNBFTools (v0.4) from www.spv-developers.com. open up typhoonnbftool.exe, select file, open, and navigate to where you extracted the exe, you'll find a file called nk.nbf. open that and you'll be presented with loads of random information. go to tools, then edit header data. erase all the data in the field called Operator and press ok and it'll mention something about recalculating the header value. save the nbf file so that it overwrites the original. hold camera and plug your phone into the usb while its switched off. you'll get the good old 3 colour screen. run ROMUpdateUtility.exe in the directory and it'll reflash your SDA and hopefully fix the problems your experiencing :D

If it doesnt work then its a battery related issue which means a new battery, but you should be able to claim on the warranty tho.

Hope this helps!

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

Guest dee_shot
Hmmmmm, very strange. Deffinately fixable tho :)

Ok backup EVERYTHING on your phone via active sync or exchange server as fixing it will effectively hard reset it. Download i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.333.1.zip from ftp://ftp.clubimate.com and unzip it

If you can boot your phone it'll be alot easier :D if not, skip to 2.

1. download spv-servies from www.spv-developers.com, unzip and run SPV-Servies.exe, it should say ALL OK (RAPI Init Successful) or something like that along the top. (if not you need to application unlock and install the cert.cab found in the SPV-Services zip file.) select CID tool from the left, and it'll say reading encrypted block, if it hangs check your phone, it may ask to runs an untrusted application component, press yes. it'll then show you your CID, press CID=11111111 and it'll say CID change success. run the Rom update you downloaded at the begining of this post :D

2. right click on the exe you unzipped and using winRAR extract the exe. download TyphoonNBFTools (v0.4) from www.spv-developers.com. open up typhoonnbftool.exe, select file, open, and navigate to where you extracted the exe, you'll find a file called nk.nbf. open that and you'll be presented with loads of random information. go to tools, then edit header data. erase all the data in the field called Operator and press ok and it'll mention something about recalculating the header value. save the nbf file so that it overwrites the original. hold camera and plug your phone into the usb while its switched off. you'll get the good old 3 colour screen. run ROMUpdateUtility.exe in the directory and it'll reflash your SDA and hopefully fix the problems your experiencing :D

If it doesnt work then its a battery related issue which means a new battery, but you should be able to claim on the warranty tho.

Hope this helps!

Phil

Hey again Phil,

Is there another place that I can obtain the i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.333.1.zip rom from? I don't seem to see it on the I-Mate ftp site, the newest one I see is i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2.zip. Will this one work?

Thanks.

dee.

Edited by dee_shot

Guest The Doctor
Hey again Phil,

Is there another place that I can obtain the i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.333.1.zip rom from? I don't seem to see it on the I-Mate ftp site, the newest one I see is i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2.zip. Will this one work?

Thanks.

dee.

That's the one, my memory was a little rusty :)

Phil

Guest dee_shot

Phil

ok... so one last problem... when I run the ROM update utility, it does not see my SDA. is there a way to force it to see it? my activesync doesnt see it either. ?? thanks again phill for all of your help! you are da man!!

Edited by dee_shot

Guest The Doctor
ok... so one last problem... when I run the ROM update utility, it does not see my SDA. is there a way to force it to see it? my activesync doesnt see it either. ??

hmmmm try putting it bootloader (turn off, press and hold camera, and plug into the usb port), active sync wont see it but the ROMUpdateUtility should.

Phil

Guest dee_shot

Phil

ok... so one last problem... when I run the ROM update utility, it does not see my SDA. is there a way to force it to see it? my activesync doesnt see it either. ?? thanks again phill for all of your help!!

Guest dee_shot
hmmmm try putting it bootloader (turn off, press and hold camera, and plug into the usb port), active sync wont see it but the ROMUpdateUtility should.

Phil

hi phil,

thank you for all your help.

i have gotten my pc and ROM update utility to see my SDA and I run the utility... but then i get an "invalid vendor" error. I also notice that after removing the operator info from the nk.nbf file the file size reduces from 41,411k to 1k. any ideas? thanks in advance.

dee.

• 1 year later...
Guest sterlingg

I have a similar situation. Here's my screen:

Tornado 1PL 1.00

Tornado

SPL 1.00.0014

Tornado IU

USB

That takes up the screen with red on top, green in the middle, blue under it and white at the bottom of the screen. Do I do the same thing the other guy did or should I try something else? It's not a virus, is it?

Guest songkid
Hi dee_shot

Welcome to MoDaCo :(

Phil

WOW! HUUUUUGE HELP :D .

THX!!!!

• 1 year later...
Guest ascallstar

Did this problem ever get fixed, My phone will not boot, battery will not charge. I have the 3 colored boot screen as well, my screen says the following:

Tornado

IPL 2.00

Tornado

SPL 2.00.0008

Tornado IU

If anyone can help, Please.

Thanks Very Much

hi phil,

thank you for all your help.

i have gotten my pc and ROM update utility to see my SDA and I run the utility... but then i get an "invalid vendor" error. I also notice that after removing the operator info from the nk.nbf file the file size reduces from 41,411k to 1k. any ideas? thanks in advance.

dee.

Hi,

I have exact same issue with my tmobile sda & was really excited to see the answers in the forum. For the statement,

"i have gotten my pc and ROM update utility to see my SDA"

Can you please explain. Not sure how Dee was able to communicate with the phone with ActiveSync, as I tried dis-conencting & connecting number of times but seems it just cant see sda. I was using ActiveSync very much with this cell before the error happen.

All the help is really appreciable.

Thanks Tons

Chary