Replacement M3100 Draining Battery

Guest porkpie

Guest porkpie

I received a replacement M3100 from Orange last week after my original handset had a faulty power button.

Now, it seem that this handset is dying completely in a very short space of time. The thing seems to die what seems like every 12 hours or so. I haven't timed it exactly but my last M3100 never completely died as much.

Another example is that I fully charged the phone yesterday AM but woke up this morning to find it had been drained. This is after only a few calls and about 5 mins of WIFI.

Has anyone else had this issue? Not sure whether it is the battery (althouh this is only a month old from the original handset) or the phone doing somethign odd.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Oli

Guest andymaw

Yep, I'm getting these problems on my Vario 2. The first one I had the battery outright died leaving me without a phone for a week till T Mobile sent out a replacement.

I've had this one for a few months now and have started seeing the problems you are mentioning.

When the screen is off the power button is failing to bring it back on, the only way around seems to be a soft reset. I don't think this is due to a faulty power button as immediately after the soft reset the button works fine, however this seems to be occurring more and more frequently.

I also occasionally have the problem of waking up to find my battery completely drained when it should be almost full. I was thinking it may be due to something I have installed on the phone draining power and somehow overriding the power button and that a hard reset may help but I have not tried this yet.