Covers etc

Guest LessThanSte

Guest LessThanSte

Hi guys

Been browsing the forum recently, as my phones cover has finally given up. It got run over by a kart believe it or not in February, which dented the side so it stuck out and gradually, over the 10 months since then, has worked its way off, finally giving up yesterday. I could maybe glue it back on but it looks odd, as its a slightly different shape to what it was (the cover, that is!)

It looks nice in black, but it feels wierd, so i need a new cover. Ive seen mention of them on ebay though ive not spotted any the few times ive looked. Ive also enquired at TurnOnYourMobile or something who said they wernt aware of any covers!

Is there not a general site to buy covers from. I assume there must be a home site of the company that actually makes the phone (i.e. not Orange!), anyone know what it is?

As for other problems, firstly, the little gold pieces at the top, which i assume are something to do with the aerial (they are usually covered by the cover). There are 2 of them, 1 on either side, with 2 prongs on each. 3 of the 4 prongs have snapped off with only 1 remaining. Are these important to the phone. Will it still work if they all fall off?

And finally, ive noticed today that the back arrow button seems to be giving up. It still works, but i have to press it quite hard for it to do anything. I can see that getting irritating rapidly.

Are the best ways to fix these by opening up the phone (not that i dont, at the moment, have the screwdriver that does it!)?

Any advice would be appreciated (particularly on the cover!!!)

Cheers

Steve

Guest The Doctor

Hey Steve,

Welcome to MoDaCo :D

The 'little gold bits' on the top of your case are actually earth points i believe for your case, though whether they connect to the mainboard I don't know :)

As for covers, they are available on ebay HERE but but looks like you'll have to buy a whole new housing.

I can provide you with instructions of replacing the housing if you want :D

Phil

Guest LessThanSte

Hmm so earthing points. If that last one breaks off, is that likely to cause issues? Whats the point of them if they dont (or is it purely if a high current builds up in the phone (which dissipates it into the cover (which i notice it metal, thats nice!) and, assuming its in your pocket at the time, into your leg :D))?

As for the cover, thanks for that link. I saw the post about replacing the cover and it mentioned that guy on ebay but he had nothing for sale at the time. Does he frequent these forums? Has he ever actually sold covers alone?

Thanks for your help though Phil :)

Steve

Guest The Doctor
Hmm so earthing points. If that last one breaks off, is that likely to cause issues? Whats the point of them if they dont (or is it purely if a high current builds up in the phone (which dissipates it into the cover (which i notice it metal, thats nice!) and, assuming its in your pocket at the time, into your leg :D))?

As for the cover, thanks for that link. I saw the post about replacing the cover and it mentioned that guy on ebay but he had nothing for sale at the time. Does he frequent these forums? Has he ever actually sold covers alone?

Thanks for your help though Phil :D

Steve

No idea what the earthing points actually do :) Theyre just there.

Hey used to be on the forum quite regularly as fluffcat1, tho i don't know where he's disappeared to... :D I've purchased a few housings from him in the past and theyre all very good quality.

Phil

Guest LessThanSte

Might do that then i think :)

Il let you know if and when i get one and if i need any help.

Any idea if his housing comes with the screwdriver i need to open the phone up with?

Guest The Doctor
Might do that then i think :)

Il let you know if and when i get one and if i need any help.

Any idea if his housing comes with the screwdriver i need to open the phone up with?

Don't think so but if you say your from MoDaCo (inc your username) he might throw them in for free :D Only screwdriver you need is a T6 Torx screwdriver.

I invested in a £20 set of 33, its been invaluable and gets me into anything :D

Phil

Guest LessThanSte
Don't think so but if you say your from MoDaCo (inc your username) he might throw them in for free :D Only screwdriver you need is a T6 Torx screwdriver.

I invested in a £20 set of 33, its been invaluable and gets me into anything :D

Phil

If you have 33, you wont miss any of them then :D :D :)