Vario wifi problems

Guest caidonline

Guest caidonline

Just to apologise in advance if this topic has already been answered...couldn't find the solution and I'm a "forum newbie"

T-mobile Vario (not ll) finds my Belkin Pre-N router (which is happily connecting to my two PC systems and T-Mobile MDA Compact via a SD San Disc WNIC), but will not find IP address and connect. T-mobile sent a new one in case the wireless adaptor was down...same thing.

There is no encrytion wpa-psk or wep, no filtering and the wireless is set to 802.11b&g. I even tried it with the routers firewall off...and firmware is bang up to date. I saw in a post that inserting the IP address manually helped..but don't know which IP to put in. Belkin's is 192.168.2.1 which I tried..no go. Tried DNS 4.2.2.0 (from Belkin support) also no go.

Any help would make it a really happy xmas!!

Edited by caidonline

Guest caidonline
Another member a while back confirmed that his Vario wouldn't connect to his Pre-N router either.

AFAIK there isn't a solution

I thinkyou must be right. Belkin don't even bother replying to queries on their routers. I tried a Netgear which connected first time, so I ran a Cat5 from the Belkin to the lan port of the Netgear and now have wireless for all my toys!...Still, I can't help thinking there must be a way to get the Belkin to work..after all, it's just a router.....??

Cheers

Bob

Edited by caidonline