[solved] How to remove tcpmp remains from M3100

Guest wally(tm)

Guest wally(tm)

Hello.

Did any one tryied to remove drivers instaled by TCPMP ??

My problem is this, that when I'm using my fone from time to time, it's screen do fadeout to white .... soft on-off by button on right seem to get screen back. Also when I'm turning on from "doze state" ( if I can call this like it ;D ) screen is totaly white. This wouldn't be such a problem, but when somebody is calling, I can't see who it is.

Alle the problem started when I instaled TCPMP 0.71rc2 from picard's personal site, and now I would like to remove it COMPLETLY with drivers instaled by it.

ps. Hard reset does NOTHING, already done 6 ;X .

Edited by wally(tm)

A hard reset would totally get rid of TCPMP or any other program as it resets the device to default. Did you have to reinstall all your software after the hard reset?

Guest wally(tm)

YEP !

But tcpmp also instals a drivers .... I was thinking that drivers was instaled in such a way that hard reset is not remowing them .... in spv C550 hard reset was so long that I was thinking that software might be restored from some cind of image or whatever .... but in M3100 "hard reset" is so fast that for me it lookd like "just restore defaults". From my experience I know that "restore defaults" doesn't remove drivers ....

But I think that topic is going to be sorted out in few hours, as tomorow I'm getting replacement handset tomorow in the morning :)

p.s. yesterday in late night I flashed my M3100 to hungarian ( os some other ) orange soft and this didn't solved problem either. So today I've called orange care center ....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wally(tm)

OK, so everything seems to be clear now. After a while that I have a replacement M3100 I can say that it was a phone isue. I've instaled tcpmp ( and coreplayer afterwards ) and fading to white screen is not bothering me anymore ;D plus, it camed out that some strange errors durning playback have also disapired ;D

So problem is solved for me ;D

ps. all you guys, if you will have problem with screen fading to white ... call orange ( or your provider ) and ask for replacement ... it's hardware isue.