May move onto PPC

Guest Killian

Guest Killian

My contract is due to run out soon and I’m thinking about moving onto a pocket pc (old phone was sp5). The P3300 caught my attention as I love cool gadgets and a phone with built in GPS and software is definitely a cool gadget!!

I did a bit of research and found that the O2 version is cheaper and available on better contracts though it doesn’t come bundled with TomTom. I have found an offer where it comes with Co Pilot so am thinking about investing in that.

One question I did have though and I hope someone can answer is will I have to fork out on a Micro SD card to use the navigation software? I have a 1GB Mini SD card so am a bit gutted I wouldn’t be able to use that : (

If I do have to buy one to use one, what kind of cost would I be looking at for a 1GB??

Hope someone can help make a PPC user out of me!!

Thanks in advance!

Killian

Guest Killian

Well I decided to go for the MDA Compact III with Copilot and web n walk.

I’m not too fussed about Wifi as I never use it on my current phone and the tariffs available on that phone are a lot better than the O2 one………….. if I’m wrong then please don’t correct me as I’ve already ordered!! : (

Bearing in mind that I’m new to the whole ppc thing, is there any software that will make my phone that extra bit special?

Also, I understand copilot comes on a MicroSD card, if I buy a bigger one (say 2Gb) could I just transfer the stuff across on to it or would I have to put the copilot one in everytime I want to use it???

Thanks for any help in advance : )

Guest MarkBR
Bearing in mind that I’m new to the whole ppc thing, is there any software that will make my phone that extra bit special?

Isn't a phone that is also a radio, mp3 player, camera, pda with Office Mobile and sat nav in a slim sexy casing special enough??!

I know Tom Tom works when just copied to another card; I've never used Co-Pilot so I can't say for sure but I'd imagine it would be the same.

M.

Guest Killian

Well when you put it like that…….. nope : )

You can never, ever, have too many gadgets!!

Thanks for the info about transferring the files. I’ve googled and it seems others have done the same with copilot.

Now just to decide on what size card to get. Thinking of going for 2Gb so I can put lots of movies on ; ). Any recommendations??

Guest MarkBR

Well I've got a 1Gb card and there still seems to be lots of space, but if you need the capacity I'd go for the 2Gb, as it's not that convenient to keep swapping cards given that you have to remove the battery and SIM card each time.

M.

Guest jimbouk

Copilot can be copied onto a bigger micro sd card easily. The pc software will help you create a quickstart version on the card. The app and UK maps will take up approx 130mb. So a 1GB will do unless you want a lot of music!

Guest Killian

I received a phonecall to say they haven't got any in stock at the moment so am going to have to wait a week to get my hands on it : (

I think I'm going to order a 2Gb MicroSD card though so I can start filling it with all my legally purchased music...................... : )

I love having new phones, can't wait to play with it!! lol

Thanks for all the help!

Killian