Corrupt txt message inbox! Help!

Guest MikeSel

Guest MikeSel

Please help!

After a hard reset yesterday, I did a restore of my Sprite Backup, which seemed to go well.

But now when I receive text messages. altough it notifies me, when I go into my inbox I can't actually see them!

I don't have any fancy sms management software installed, it's just the standard inbox!

I now have 4 messages, I have no idea who they are from so dont want to perform a hard reset until I can atleast recover there names!

Any ideas??

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Hmm, that's a pickle. I've been in a similar situation before where I've lost txt messages without reading them. Not cool, would appear very rude to your friends.

I believe the messages are stored in a database file. You may be able to find a database viewer program for your phone that will let you view the raw data.

However, you could just try replying to each one saying your phone is broke, can't read txts, you don't know who they are and could they call you back. Before doing this, enable "save sent items" and you might even be able to see who it is via the "Sent Items" folder. Actually, you may even be able to reply, save-as-draft and take a look in Drafts to see who it is to.

• 3 years later...
Guest lkjlkjjkljkl
Hmm, that's a pickle. I've been in a similar situation before where I've lost txt messages without reading them. Not cool, would appear very rude to your friends.

I believe the messages are stored in a database file. You may be able to find a database viewer program for your phone that will let you view the raw data.

However, you could just try replying to each one saying your phone is broke, can't read txts, you don't know who they are and could they call you back. Before doing this, enable "save sent items" and you might even be able to see who it is via the "Sent Items" folder. Actually, you may even be able to reply, save-as-draft and take a look in Drafts to see who it is to.

I know this is a very old thread but did anyone come out with a solution.

I'm still using my Blue Angel and it's come up with this problem.

I think it was after I received an MMS message (the first I received).