CommCEntric v1.1 - homescreen BT&WiFi plugin

Guest thenext1

Guest thenext1
I did what you suggested and sure enough that file is no longer there in WM6. Instead they have BluetoothSecurity.cpl.xml, this seems to make sense because when i navigate through to bluetooth settings the usual way, the first page i get is a "Bluetooth Security" page. Can I somehow edit the path to make it point to this xml? Once again, this plugin is extremely well done and quite functional....i thank you. Can't wait for that clock one too..!

no, you can't for now.... but you can make a test to see if it's the correct file:

if you have celetask (v2.1), you can go in the Tasks view, do Menu->Action->New task.

Then in the Path textbox write "settings.exe", and in the arguments write the xml file name, i.e. "BluetoothSecurity.cpl.xml" and press OK... if the bluetooth settings open up, then it's the right file...

You could try with all the "*.cpl.xml" files that you find in the Windows folder and that bear resemblance to bluetooth in their name (like they contain "bluetooth" or "bt" in the file name), to find the right one.

bye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A (slightly) new version is available on my personal page.... people having problems with menu's not appearing, please try it.

Also my new plug-in Retro is available... check the same page.

Hey,

great plugin!

Would it be able to add "set as headset" (i.e. a2dp) to the menu - this is something I need to do everyday...

Thanks,

Frank.

Guest thenext1
Hey,

great plugin!

Would it be able to add "set as headset" (i.e. a2dp) to the menu - this is something I need to do everyday...

Thanks,

Frank.

i don't know how to do that..... you may use the shortcut to the bluetooth settings, in the meantime.

Though it's highly unlikely that i'll put a shortcut for A2dp in commcentric... you better press the button on your headset after having turned bluetooth on, like I do with mine!

Guest paholman

Excellent plugin.

Would love to be able to format the font size of the date, and customize location of the icons, i.e have Wifi on Left and BT on right.

Would it also be possible to actually display the Wifi Connection name when connected?

Thanks

Guest thenext1
Excellent plugin.

Would love to be able to format the font size of the date, and customize location of the icons, i.e have Wifi on Left and BT on right.

Would it also be possible to actually display the Wifi Connection name when connected?

Thanks

i can look into the icon positioning and displaying the WiFi network name, if it's not too complicated.

but not before my university exams...

• 1 month later...
Guest paholman
i can look into the icon positioning and displaying the WiFi network name, if it's not too complicated.

but not before my university exams...

I'm using a VOX (SPV E650/HTC S610) where it has the feature of being able to switch from Portrait to Landscape when the keyboard slides out.

When using CommCEntric, the plugin disappears/or is distorted, and sometimes crashes my device:-

post-54173-1187008433_thumb.png

Any ideas on that? Could it be the alignment somehow?

I would love to see some enhancements too, if you don't mind me asking, as I love this plugin

- a "Wifi Settings" option too, like the Bluetooth one, where you can configure Wifi, or view the available connections, would this be possible?

- option to customize the font sizes/alignment of Time/Date

- Current "wifi connection" name if connected

Edited by paholman

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish to express gratitude to the author for adaptation of a plug-in to Wm2003 and have a question: where is icon resourses is stored and is it possible to extract them with win32 resourse editor and change like in BToogle because default icon is too big esspecialy on my MPx220 with 176x220 screen. Will be great to see x/y positionary in next release.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.