Review: Fortte Dual Design Leather Case

Guest chaznet

Guest chaznet

The case OK... but... I think someone new on the assembly line put mine together.

It's a bit askew, starting with the crooked silver logo on the cover. The square that the screen shows through is more of a 'parallelagram' and doesn't frame the screen evenly. If I push the leather so that the earpiece hole lines up, the right side of the screen is slightly covered, if I try to line things up with the screen, the earpiece hole is covered.

The strip of leather at the bottom of the screen interferes a little with pressing the up-direction navigation key as well as the 2 soft keys; it's also slanted, lower on the right than the left. No more just rolling your thumb around on the navigational pad -- you have to do the up-direction with the tip of your thumb (or finger). Something should've been different there, thinner leather maybe?

Device protection is minimal, a little better than no case at all, but even with the front cover attached, the top corners, sides, and entire lower edge and corners are exposed. The screen might not crack, but the device is going to get a good jolt if dropped -- no perimeter shock absorbtion.

Overall, the case is just OK. Fit-'n-finish isn't nearly what you'd expect for the price. For $40, it should make a better attempt to impress. A good case makes you think the designer actaully uses the device the case was designed for, that doesn't happen here -- this case in some ways detracts from the positives of the Dash instead of complimenting it. As there isn't a lot of choice in the Dash-leather-case market, it'll have to do for now.

http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/299?type=0

post-159410-1168124198_thumb.jpg

Edited by chaznet

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PRB2007

Dear MoDaCo forum members. Fortte is a first class company and is 100% client service oriented. We have received a lot of good reviews on all our designs and we invite 'chaznet' to get in touch with us to let us know the way we can improve the design, all forum members are also welcome to send us e-mails. We wish to develop only premium/improved cases. Hopefully we will hear back from your forum members and be able to develop a good and reliable thread that will bring better solutions and affordable prices for all. Please write me at [email protected] Thank You.

Guest chaznet
Dear MoDaCo forum members. Fortte is a first class company and is 100% client service oriented. We have received a lot of good reviews on all our designs and we invite 'chaznet' to get in touch with us to let us know the way we can improve the design, all forum members are also welcome to send us e-mails. We wish to develop only premium/improved cases. Hopefully we will hear back from your forum members and be able to develop a good and reliable thread that will bring better solutions and affordable prices for all. Please write me at [email protected] Thank You.
Edited by chaznet

Guest chaznet

Hello Peter -- I actually did submit this evaluation via your website, along with my email address -- this is the only response I've received.

As far as letting you know ways to improve the design -- well I pretty much said it all already. I've been using the case for a while and it's fine, better than no case at all. I think the design is better than the construction, build quality is not so great, 'crooked', things don't line up around the screen and ear-hole. I like that the keyboard and screen aren't covered with clear plastic. It would be a lot better if things lined up perfectly, and for $40 they really should. The lower band of leather at the bottom of the screen could be a lot thinner, allowing for a similar use of the navigation pad as with no case at all.

Vaja would be a good source for additional design ideas, as would the Krusell brand (Cabriolet line).