SMT-5600 date and time problem

Guest beryllium_overload

Guest beryllium_overload

guy's. I'm trying to figure this one out and I'm stumped. I cannot update the date and time through the cell towers like my old non-smartphones. Every so often the date and time will reset itself to some odd date and time, it is not the same every time but it does this about once a month.

is there some feature I have not seen that will allow me to be able to update the time and date through the cell towers, or is there some sort of program I need to install in order for this to happen.

I rely on the calander and when the time and date resets it throws everything off for a while untill I manualy reset it :)

Guest awarner (MVP)

Have you been removing the battery?

This is a known problem and the only solution would be to take the phone apart and replace the internal battery.

The date it will normally go back to is the factory date of the ROM.

Try taking the main battery out and see what happens when you power it back on.

As for manually resetting the phone a quick connection to your PC via Activesync will sort this out automatically.

Guest beryllium_overload
Have you been removing the battery?

This is a known problem and the only solution would be to take the phone apart and replace the internal battery.

The date it will normally go back to is the factory date of the ROM.

Try taking the main battery out and see what happens when you power it back on.

As for manually resetting the phone a quick connection to your PC via Activesync will sort this out automatically.

I have not been removeing the battery, infact the only time I removed the battery is when I put in my 1gb card and restarted the phone the time and date were still right. I know active sync will set things straight, however I dont have a computer with the program on it at work and this is when it normaly happens, and it is normaly just out of the blue :)