SkinProject: OS X

Guest Jamma14

Guest additov
....and in those files you extracted there's one called readme - read it. Copy the cabs to your phone and run them from your phone. Run the exe from Activesync

I did read it..

doesn't say much.

Tried moving the .cab files to my cellphone..

but none of them showup when I browse my phone.

I had put it into My Documents, and even tried the Windows root.

Am I doing something wrong?

Guest additov
I did read it..

doesn't say much.

Tried moving the .cab files to my cellphone..

but none of them showup when I browse my phone.

I had put it into My Documents, and even tried the Windows root.

Am I doing something wrong?

K nevermind.. got it working.

But when I scroll my wheel up or all the way down..

half the screen gets cut off.

Is this a bug?

Guest lkrsfn5
K nevermind.. got it working.

But when I scroll my wheel up or all the way down..

half the screen gets cut off.

Is this a bug?

try reinstalling it again but don't forget to install the sliclock on your computer with your phone connected and then install the rest of the cab files on your phone. that's what i did i it works fine now

Hiya, yeah I had looked at the plugin previously and I reckon it would be able to improve the functionality of the taskbar...but it isn't free and that's gonna mean a lot of people won't be able to use the homescreen...I'll look into it and see if we can do a separate version with this plugin included (as soon as I get the PC back up and running).

James

I decided to try and work on a skin for phoneAlarm to go along with your great homescreen skin. I still need to work out a few issues (images below). One question: Is there any way to set your skin up so that the top plugins don't disappear when tabing through the RJshortcut plugins? Thanks again for inspiring us with such a great skin.

post-66176-1171610690_thumb.jpg

post-66176-1171610701_thumb.jpg

post-66176-1171610711_thumb.jpg

Guest echostats
I decided to try and work on a skin for phoneAlarm to go along with your great homescreen skin. I still need to work out a few issues (images below). One question: Is there any way to set your skin up so that the top plugins don't disappear when tabing through the RJshortcut plugins? Thanks again for inspiring us with such a great skin.

Not bad but do you have to have all those icons? As we've said before, we're trying to make this as OS X as possible. The battery, the bluetooth and the missed called look almost identical to OS X and I would be interested in implementing them but what you have there doesn't look very clean. I would say that is because you threw it together but be honest, you spent some time putting that image together, changing the dock and removing the battery from the wallpaper.

Guest hackeradam

That's a sweet tweak. You got the cabs and plugin to share?

Not bad but do you have to have all those icons? As we've said before, we're trying to make this as OS X as possible. The battery, the bluetooth and the missed called look almost identical to OS X and I would be interested in implementing them but what you have there doesn't look very clean. I would say that is because you threw it together but be honest, you spent some time putting that image together, changing the dock and removing the battery from the wallpaper.

If you are talking about the profile icons, I did just throw those together last night to test the code for phoneAlarm. I love that plugin and all the functionality it brings to smartphones. I was planning on reworking the graphics, but since I'm only doing this for myself they work for now. So, I'm a hack. I admit it.

If you are talking about the entire top bar as well, I like being able to see at a glance (and quickly access) what my profile setting is, how many voicemails I have, if bluetooth is active/inactive, signal strength, battery status, etc. Eventually, I was planning on having the apple icon flash when I receive a new voicemail, email, text message and also be able to close down/switch to open programs (tapping into more phoneAlarm functions).

For me, I primarily bought a smartphone for how it functions. I want it to work the way I need it to (another reason why I changed the dock, etc.) I think that is the big advantage of the smartphone over other options out there. What is great about forums like these is being able to tap into the creativity of people like yourself who also make it look completely awesome.

Also, maybe I'm reading too much into your last post, but I only posted the images to show you the potential of phoneAlarm as a possible plugin and say thank you for inspiring us with your skin (and to ask the question I posed). I wasn't my intention to presume to offer anything for you to implement.

That being said, would you have suggestions for the graphics or maybe even some interest in cleaning them up? And, I still would like to know about the disappearing plugin issue.

That's a sweet tweak. You got the cabs and plugin to share?

Thanks. I'm actually still working on the configuration for the plugin. There are a few things that I'm still trying to resolve. I'd be happy to share the skin when I'm done, but as James pointed out earlier, the plugin itself is not free unfortunately.

Guest Jamma14
If you are talking about the profile icons, I did just throw those together last night to test the code for phoneAlarm. I love that plugin and all the functionality it brings to smartphones. I was planning on reworking the graphics, but since I'm only doing this for myself they work for now. So, I'm a hack. I admit it.

If you are talking about the entire top bar as well, I like being able to see at a glance (and quickly access) what my profile setting is, how many voicemails I have, if bluetooth is active/inactive, signal strength, battery status, etc. Eventually, I was planning on having the apple icon flash when I receive a new voicemail, email, text message and also be able to close down/switch to open programs (tapping into more phoneAlarm functions).

For me, I primarily bought a smartphone for how it functions. I want it to work the way I need it to (another reason why I changed the dock, etc.) I think that is the big advantage of the smartphone over other options out there. What is great about forums like these is being able to tap into the creativity of people like yourself who also make it look completely awesome.

Also, maybe I'm reading too much into your last post, but I only posted the images to show you the potential of phoneAlarm as a possible plugin and say thank you for inspiring us with your skin (and to ask the question I posed). I wasn't my intention to presume to offer anything for you to implement.

That being said, would you have suggestions for the graphics or maybe even some interest in cleaning them up? And, I still would like to know about the disappearing plugin issue.

Nice ideas with the phoneAlarm and it's good to see it probably can be gotten to work...although I agree with echostats that it is all a bit messy atm. It does sound like a great plugin though and we could probably implement quite a lot...can it do bars for battery/signal etc? If so, and it is on a similar kind of level to smarmonitor then maybe we could get the icons themselves to work as opposed to having numbers by them which is less OS X like.

Disappearing plugin issue - nope...if you want the dock to scroll you can only have one plugin per page - that's why there isn't more homescreens like this out there, the smartphone homescreen design is quite limited in what it can do and we are already pushing the boundaries with this skin. You could just draw the icons in the images for the dock if you wished to make the transition a bit smoother but that's about it.

After seeing what you've done I think that we will definitely do a version using the plugin, so thanks for the input. I'll get on it when the PC's back up and running. Out of interest do you know what the limits are on the trial version??

James

Guest echostats
Nice ideas with the phoneAlarm and it's good to see it probably can be gotten to work...although I agree with echostats that it is all a bit messy atm. It does sound like a great plugin though and we could probably implement quite a lot...can it do bars for battery/signal etc? If so, and it is on a similar kind of level to smarmonitor then maybe we could get the icons themselves to work as opposed to having numbers by them which is less OS X like.

Disappearing plugin issue - nope...if you want the dock to scroll you can only have one plugin per page - that's why there isn't more homescreens like this out there, the smartphone homescreen design is quite limited in what it can do and we are already pushing the boundaries with this skin. You could just draw the icons in the images for the dock if you wished to make the transition a bit smoother but that's about it.

After seeing what you've done I think that we will definitely do a version using the plugin, so thanks for the input. I'll get on it when the PC's back up and running. Out of interest do you know what the limits are on the trial version??

James

Yea, this homie knows whats up. Although actually, the battery and the bluetooth icons in that plugin are almost exactly like the OS X icons. So yea, once Jamma gets a mac, er, gets his pos pc working him and I can explore the possibilities of this plugin, etc.

James

Thanks. As I mentioned in the previous posts, I just made it quickly for myself and I understand that it's not perfect. Got it.

As for phoneAlarm, I'm still learning what all it can do, but I know it is able to show bars for battery/signal, etc. with some limitations. I went with the numbers beside the battery icon because that is how it is on my MacBook Pro. I'm not totally sure, but it might be a complete subsitute for smartmonitor (which would be good for some who are having problems with that plugin). It can show memory and storage card levels.

Too bad about the disappearing plugins. :)

I'm not sure about the limits on the trial version, I had purchased and am using it on an iPhone skin I also have.

Thanks for taking a look at a plugin like phoneAlarm which could increase the functionality of what you've done.

Edited by waltzb

Guest eliteramen

Awesome work you guys are doing here. Just wanted to let you know that on my Dash, everything installed successfully but I encountered some anomalies after resetting my phone a couple of times:

1. The bottom half of the homescreen became a garbled mess and I could not navigate. Perhaps this is related to the disappearing plugins bug?

2. My Java programs were suddenly displaying a larger font (like Opera Mini and Gmail, for example). I have a suspicion this has something to do with Font Installer, one of the files packaged with your project.

Both of these bugs were not fixed with resets. However, when I ran Remove Programs on all the SkinProject files (incl. Font Installer), everything went back to normal.

In any case, it's a beautiful skin. Good job so far, guys. I'm intrigued by the phoneAlarm stuff as well b/c it def increases the usefulness of the homescreen. I understand the original authors' prime directives are simplicity and adherence to the Apple look and feel, but perhaps there is room for both a "clean" and "feature-added" version of the homescreen (-;

[eR]

Guest bradleyland

First of all, I want to say that from a Mac user's perspective, this is awesome! I have been considering purchasing "The Missing Sync" and using my Blackjack with my 20" iMac. This is the perfect fit :)

Having said that, I'm having a problem. When scrolling all the way up, half of my desktop disappears. The same thing happens when I select the "Dashboard". Screen shots below:

Scrolled all the way up ("WiFi" selected?)

scrolled_up.jpg

Dashboard

dashboard.jpg

Yay, Finder works :D

finder_selected.jpg

All items installed from the EXE and CAB files included in the RAR files, part 1 from the "download" page, part 2 from the first page of the thread.

All CABs copied to "My Documents" on the phone, and installed in the following order:

1. SliClock - ran EXE from PC, completed steps on BJ, install successful
  2. FontInstaller - Ran CAB from BJ, successful
  3. RJ Shortcut - Ran CAB from BJ, successful
  4. RJ Time - Ran CAB from BJ, successful
  5. Smartmonitor - Ran CAB from BJ, successful
  6. SkinProject OSX - Ran CAB from BJ, successful
I tried reinstalling all the plugins after installing the SkinProject OSX CAB, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Thanks a million for any insight you can provide. I'll definitely be contributing if I can get this workable on my phone :D

Guest bradleyland

Ah ha!! I found the solution.

If you have a custom wallpaper set, you MUST set it to "Default" under Settings>Display>Home Screen>Background Image

Hopefully this helps anyone who runs into the same issue.

Guest sesro1978

Hi,

I love the look of this skin but have not been able to successfully install it on my DASH at this point. I have been clicking on the "Click here to download this file" link to get to the "support topic" for part1.rar. I download the part1.rar updated on Feb. 4th and when I try and unpack it using Zip Genius 5 my computer locks up and it doesn't unpack. Am I downloading the correct part1.rar?

Anyone else have a similar experience? Any fixes...?

Please help...

Thanks,

Seth

P.S. I am able to successfully download and unpack the part2.rar included in the topic post...

Guest sesro1978
Hi,

I love the look of this skin but have not been able to successfully install it on my DASH at this point. I have been clicking on the "Click here to download this file" link to get to the "support topic" for part1.rar. I download the part1.rar updated on Feb. 4th and when I try and unpack it using Zip Genius 5 my computer locks up and it doesn't unpack. Am I downloading the correct part1.rar?

Anyone else have a similar experience? Any fixes...?

Please help...

Thanks,

Seth

P.S. I am able to successfully download and unpack the part2.rar included in the topic post...

Hi all,

Update (for all of you on the edge of your seat ;) ): I was finally able to install this skin (awesome skin by the way!!!). Turns out I was downloading the wrong file *embarrassed face*

Anyway, can the "Tasks" button on the launcher be update to reflect current and upcoming tasks? Do I need to constantly update the .xml to do this or can this plug-in sync with Outlook Tasks?

Thanks for any help!

~S

Guest sesro1978
Guys I have no idea how to install this homescreen on my phone. This is the best looking screen I have seen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

These are the steps that I took:

1) Download the "part1.rar" using the "Download File" link embedded in the "Click Here to Download This File" page

2) Download the "part2.rar" embedded in the topic post

3) Ensure that both of this compressed files are in the same directory

4) Unzip/Unpack the "part1.rar"; in the process of doing this the "part2.rar" files will be extracted from the "part2.rar" file and placed in the "part1.rar" folder

5) Read the readme.txt file; this will tell you how to install the files correctly

Hope that helps you out- also check page 5 of this post as it includes some instruction as well.

Best,

S

No Luck I have know idea what i'm doing. i unzip part 1 and part two didn't ened up in the folder. then when I try to unzip part 2 it dosen't work then i install the files on the phone and the font one and few others don't show up on the phone? any ideas?

Hi,

These are the steps that I took:

1) Download the "part1.rar" using the "Download File" link embedded in the "Click Here to Download This File" page

2) Download the "part2.rar" embedded in the topic post

3) Ensure that both of this compressed files are in the same directory

4) Unzip/Unpack the "part1.rar"; in the process of doing this the "part2.rar" files will be extracted from the "part2.rar" file and placed in the "part1.rar" folder

5) Read the readme.txt file; this will tell you how to install the files correctly

Hope that helps you out- also check page 5 of this post as it includes some instruction as well.

Best,

S

Guest sesro1978
No Luck I have know idea what i'm doing. i unzip part 1 and part two didn't ened up in the folder. then when I try to unzip part 2 it dosen't work then i install the files on the phone and the font one and few others don't show up on the phone? any ideas?

Hi,

Hmm...did you get any error messages? Also, did you use the "Download File" link to download "part1.rar"? I know I had some problems downloading the "part1.rar" and it turned out I was trying to download the wrong file; you need to use the "Download File" link that is embedded in the page entitled "Click here to download this file".

Sorry I can't be any more help at the moment; if I think of something I'll post another reply. In the meantime try to once again, download from the "Download File" link and then part 2 from the topic post...

Best of luck.

~Seth

Ok i got it working. But i didn't put part 2 in part 1 when i extracted the files from part 2 there was nothing in the folder. I can't run the sliclock plugin (I have mac) So I don't know if i'm missing anything. does anyone know how to run that file with a mac? also my clock dosen't show up unless i have the screen scrolled up to the top. Then it says wifi off which is annoying. How do I get it to look exactly like the pic in the first post? i only installed files from the part 1 .rar file. And the Font for the battery and storage device etc... is so small Is that normal?

Hi,

Hmm...did you get any error messages? Also, did you use the "Download File" link to download "part1.rar"? I know I had some problems downloading the "part1.rar" and it turned out I was trying to download the wrong file; you need to use the "Download File" link that is embedded in the page entitled "Click here to download this file".

Sorry I can't be any more help at the moment; if I think of something I'll post another reply. In the meantime try to once again, download from the "Download File" link and then part 2 from the topic post...

Best of luck.

~Seth

Edited by hsad

Guest sesro1978
Ok i got it working. But i didn't put part 2 in part 1 when i extracted the files from part 2 there was nothing in the folder. I can't run the sliclock plugin (I have mac) So I don't know if i'm missing anything. does anyone know how to run that file with a mac? also my clock dosen't show up unless i have the screen scrolled up to the top. Then it says wifi off which is annoying. How do I get it to look exactly like the pic in the first post? i only installed files from the part 1 .rar file. And the Font for the battery and storage device etc... is so small Is that normal?

Hi,

Glad to hear you got it working; great skin eh?

I'm not certain as to your remaining questions; though you did say you have a Mac...this is slightly off topic, but how has your experience been with a Mac and Windows Mobile 5 (I'm assuming 5)? I'm considering getting an iMac with the "MissingSyn" software...

Thanks,

S

Hey I bought the missing link for my mac and it works great. It sync's my cal address book and itunes songs perfectly. so easy and fast. You also have the option to mount the phone which gives you even more flexabilty. But now with all the duo core processors from mac you run full versions of both os x and windows vista or xp. So you have the best of both worlds. Once you go Mac you'll never want to go back to a pc again. Definitly buy it. =)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.