SkinProject: OS X

Guest Jamma14

Guest sesro1978
Hey I bought the missing link for my mac and it works great. It sync's my cal address book and itunes songs perfectly. so easy and fast. You also have the option to mount the phone which gives you even more flexabilty. But now with all the duo core processors from mac you run full versions of both os x and windows vista or xp. So you have the best of both worlds. Once you go Mac you'll never want to go back to a pc again. Definitly buy it. =)

Hi,

Thanks for the information; I've heard so many good things that I just can't say no at this point :-)

Thanks again,

S

Guest Cruisin1966

Sorry if this has been covered, but I just can't find anything at the moment. I've installed this theme successfully on my BlackJack, but can't for the life of me figure out how to get to the menu on the top of the screen (Mobile File Edit View Window). Is this even possible? I see screen prints of these being "selected" in this thread. It's my understanding these are shortcuts (1 3 5 7 9), correct? How do I get to them with the keypad, scroller, whatever?

Guest sleepdoc
Sorry if this has been covered, but I just can't find anything at the moment. I've installed this theme successfully on my BlackJack, but can't for the life of me figure out how to get to the menu on the top of the screen (Mobile File Edit View Window). Is this even possible? I see screen prints of these being "selected" in this thread. It's my understanding these are shortcuts (1 3 5 7 9), correct? How do I get to them with the keypad, scroller, whatever?

The menu at the top of the screen is not accessable, it's just for looks. All access to your programs and the skin plugins is through the dock on the bottom. Remember, this is a skin to make it look like a mac, which it certainly does, but it still ain't a Mac.

Guest Cruisin1966
The menu at the top of the screen is not accessable, it's just for looks. All access to your programs and the skin plugins is through the dock on the bottom. Remember, this is a skin to make it look like a mac, which it certainly does, but it still ain't a Mac.

Understood. So, I assume I'll have to alter the XML file to get the time into 24 hour format?

Anyone notice that the remaining battery isn't very accurate? Mine says 70% on the main screen but it's has barely 50% left. Is this plugin notoriously inaccurate?

Edited by Cruisin1966

Guest shady75

Looks good but I need to uninstall to change some other things. What do I need to do to remove the files? Where are they stored and what are the specific names of them? Thanks.

Edited by shady75

Guest T Givens

Like others have Posted I really love this Theme. I was initially reluctant to use this skin due to the lack of signal icons on the first page as I like to be able to see at a glance if my phone has a good signal strength or if the blue tooth is on without having to unlock my keys. Well, I was able to find a solution that works great and will perhaps offer a quick fix to others while you gurus here are working out the kinks with phonealarm. The program is "autolock" and can be found at surreal networks at this address http://surrealnetworks.com/mpx/SDAapps.htm

The program is really simple and quite awsome. Obviously it is an automatic Key locking app, but it also provides a screansaver that is configurable to display Time / Date/ Battery strength, signal strength, current profile and much more. so now all I have to do is hit a button to see those things on the fly. Let me know what you think.

Thanks again for the great work and obvious effort put into this fantastic theme,

Todd Givens

i need help getting this home screen i love it but my come does not have rar and i wanted to know if there was a way to get it using my dash to download. please any kind of help will be appreciated. thanks for the help.

Hi waltzb,

can you PM or post your XML with the Phonealarm skin? I love the OS X skin but I miss my BT and Signal strength icons :-)

I already own PhoneAlarm from another skin I played with so that should not be an issue

thanks

Mike

Thanks. As I mentioned in the previous posts, I just made it quickly for myself and I understand that it's not perfect. Got it.

As for phoneAlarm, I'm still learning what all it can do, but I know it is able to show bars for battery/signal, etc. with some limitations. I went with the numbers beside the battery icon because that is how it is on my MacBook Pro. I'm not totally sure, but it might be a complete subsitute for smartmonitor (which would be good for some who are having problems with that plugin). It can show memory and storage card levels.

Too bad about the disappearing plugins. ;)

I'm not sure about the limits on the trial version, I had purchased and am using it on an iPhone skin I also have.

Thanks for taking a look at a plugin like phoneAlarm which could increase the functionality of what you've done.

Guest thepogcbr900rr

Now can we figure out why the storage doesnt reflect the actual size of a SD card? Is there somewhere that we can switch what starge is showing on the homescreen? I have a 2gb card, but its not reflecting it, only the internal stargage.

Thanks

Hi waltzb,

can you PM or post your XML with the Phonealarm skin? I love the OS X skin but I miss my BT and Signal strength icons :-)

I already own PhoneAlarm from another skin I played with so that should not be an issue

thanks

Mike

No problem. Just PM me with your e-mail address.

Awesome skin I really love it. One thing I noticed is that the number of unread messages is not centered in the area of the screen where it should be if you have like me around 800 unread messages :-) it works fine if the unread number is 2 digits though.

Is there a way I can tweak the setting?

Also where does the font get installed the font installer delivers?

thanks

Mike

Guest sesro1978
Says I need "SkinProject_OS_X.part2.rar" when I am unrarring. What am I missing besides the obvious?

Mike

Hi,

Download SkinProject_OS_X.part2.rar and save to the same directory as .part1.rar (located in the 1st post of the support topic- Download File). Once both of these are saved to the same directory unpack .part1.rar and .part2.rar will be "added" to .part1.rar. From that point follow the "readme.txt" and you should be good to go...

Hope that makes sense. ;)

~Seth

Guest l_starter_l

signal strenght indicator would be good. its a great homescreen. what ever happen to the animated wallpaper. some different choices of wall paper would also be good

Guest thepogcbr900rr

OS%20X.jpg

Why does the storage space and the device space actually work, like as in your pic above?

Do i need to download an update version of the smart plug in? Everything else works

perfect.

Thanks

Guest Jamma14

It should just work...It works fine for me, echo and it appears everyone else?

I would suggest reinstalling everything perhaps?? Only other thing I can think is...do you actually have an SD card in your device?? :D

Because as long as you have "\Storage Card" as a valid filepath then it should work fine???

James

PS. Hard drive update - it is blatantly a hardware fault because of clicking, grinding other noises etc, then crashing, but they still haven't accepted that yet (I have a warranty)...so we'll see. In the meantime I have a temp PC solution so I should be on here a bit more. ;)

Guest thepogcbr900rr
It should just work...It works fine for me, echo and it appears everyone else?

I would suggest reinstalling everything perhaps?? Only other thing I can think is...do you actually have an SD card in your device?? :D

Because as long as you have "\Storage Card" as a valid filepath then it should work fine???

James

PS. Hard drive update - it is blatantly a hardware fault because of clicking, grinding other noises etc, then crashing, but they still haven't accepted that yet (I have a warranty)...so we'll see. In the meantime I have a temp PC solution so I should be on here a bit more. ;)

"\Storage Card" ??? Is that what i have to name the card?

It comes up in the phone as storage card2, and the phone sees it with no problem.

Guest Jamma14
"\Storage Card" ??? Is that what i have to name the card?

It comes up in the phone as storage card2, and the phone sees it with no problem.

I see, well normally it comes up with "\Storage Card" for any card put in the phone. Have you been using wm5torage? As this can sometimes have this affect of changing it to Storage Card2??? Anyway, simplest option for you is to edit the .xml. Go to "\Application Data\Home\osx.home.xml" and transfer it to your PC. Then open it in notepad and search for "path="\Storage Card"" and change it to "path="\Storage Card2".

Hope that helps.

James

Guest thepogcbr900rr
I see, well normally it comes up with "\Storage Card" for any card put in the phone. Have you been using wm5torage? As this can sometimes have this affect of changing it to Storage Card2??? Anyway, simplest option for you is to edit the .xml. Go to "\Application Data\Home\osx.home.xml" and transfer it to your PC. Then open it in notepad and search for "path="\Storage Card"" and change it to "path="\Storage Card2".

Hope that helps.

James

ok i went to download the files again to reistall everything, and the skin .cab isnt located in the .rar anymore.

I found out why it was making it card2. When you install osx project it makes a storage card folder and puts all the stuff in it.

Odd....

Guest Jamma14

Well..the xml editing is easy...but if that's what's caused it then you could also just: Uninstall SkinProject OS X, and if that doesn't do it already, delete the Storage Card folder. Then take your card out and put it back in (or reboot the phone or something) and hopefully it should now be Storage Card as opposed to Storage Card2. Then just reinstall the homescreen. As long as you have your storage card in your phone it will put it on your storage card...you must have installed it without your card in...?

And...yeah the cab is still in the rar, I just checked. ;)

James

Guest sleepdoc

I just noticed that in the screenshot posted by thepogcbr900rr, post #193, the battery indicator has a realistic percentage (92%). I only ever get 100, 75, 50, and 10%. Any ideas why?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.