Any way I can prevent GPRS/Edge from connecting without my explicit permission?

Guest G1LIW

OK, installed TT6 on my HP iPaq HW6915, no problems - then I get my Orange bill and there's an additional nearly five quid there that I wasn't expecting :)

- the ONLY s/w to use data (GPRS/Edge) is TT6, when it's accessing new/updated agps files, so I have to assume it's this that is causing the data cost.

With the above in mind, is there any way I can prevent GPRS/Edge from connecting without my explicit permission?

• 1 year later...
Guest hambudge

[quote name='G1LIW' date='Jan 14

With the above in mind, is there any way I can prevent GPRS/Edge from connecting without my explicit permission?

Guest NoToneS

There is a free program called "nodata" you can download.

im having a similar problem, as soon as i go out of my local wirless range gprs auto connects, even tho i have turned off data connections in comms manager.. so i too need "nodata" have you got a link to "nodata" plz, a google search found far to many "nodata's" to pick out the correct one

Guest G1LIW

There is a free program called "nodata" you can download.

Blimey - necropost :( And welcome too :D Those data bills have been hellish :(

NoToneS - A quick search found the link, btw - it's here on moDaCo! http://www.modaco.com/content/Pocket-PC-So...w-FREE-Utility/

Thanks, hambudge :( Very helpful!