Losing date settings when I take battery off!

Guest barry10

Guest barry10

I have a C550 and when I take the battery off it loses the date settings and reverts back to 2005. When this happens it also loses the words you add to the T9 dictionary. Not sure if it loses any other settings when this happens?

I guess its something to do with the internal battery? This seems a common fault with these as I have seen another C550 with exactly the same problem. There are also posts on here complaining there C500 was doing the same.

What is the solution? Its pretty annoying. How come I have phones many years old and they dont have this problem?

Guest barry10
There is no solution apart from taking the phone apart and replacing the internal battery.

How difficult is this to do? Do you know anybody that has done it? What battery does it need? Is this some kind of design fault? I have never heard of any other phone needing an internal battery replaced?

Surely they could forsee that the battery would need replacing, and if this was the case should of made it easier to replace, and not be soldered in?

Do any SMS messages go missing it loses the settings? Am sure I have had some disappear before due to this.

Guest awarner (MVP)

It's not a design fault and I know a lot of Nokia phone that also have the same issue straight out of the box.

There are guides to takeing the phone apart and they are similar to the Typhoon (C500) for taking apart.

I do not know the type of battery though as I have never bothered changing the one in my C500 which also has the same issue.

SMS messages etc will not be lost as the internal battery is not used for this storage.

Guest barry10
It's not a design fault and I know a lot of Nokia phone that also have the same issue straight out of the box.

There are guides to takeing the phone apart and they are similar to the Typhoon (C500) for taking apart.

I do not know the type of battery though as I have never bothered changing the one in my C500 which also has the same issue.

SMS messages etc will not be lost as the internal battery is not used for this storage.

I am not sure why my internal battery has gone, the phone has been on more or less 24hrs a day since new. Its hardly ever been switched off, so I am not sure how the internal battery could be worn out? I could perhaps live with losing the date settings, but it also loses the words added to the T9 dictionary. Have you noticed this? This is a pain when you text a lot and have to keep typing in words it doesnt know letter by letter.

Are there any internal pictures of the C550/C500 that show the internal battery? I'd like to see what it looks like before pulling the phone apart.