Lobster Pricing - Pay As You Go

Guest bocsta

Ordered the Lobster on PAYG at 5.25pm on Friday ...arrived 11am next day ....Saturday

£82.98 with Lifestyle promotion on Virgin site

£7.47 refund from Quidco as purchased via Virgin link on Quidco site

£5 credit on the sim that came with phone

£30 credit on vouchers that came with phone

Net cost £40.51

I then put the £30 credit of vouchers on to the phone

Rang Virgin and requested unlock code (You need £30 credit on your phone for Virgin to give you the unlock code)

So unlocked Lobster 700TV for £40.51....great price

Great as a second spare phone, DAB radio is excellant, TV acceptable, and I can run Smartphone software...sweet!

Negatives....bulky but acceptable...(will get me used to the larger size while i wait for the Samsung SGH-i760 :) or Nokia N95)

Edited by bocsta

Guest Pondrew

I owned the lobster for a while and was very impressed with the dab radio and satisfied with the performance of the tv. Just a shame it's so bulky and the keys are so user unfriendly...

Guest The Doctor
I then put the £30 credit of vouchers on to the phone

Rang Virgin and requested unlock code (You need £30 credit on your phone for Virgin to give you the unlock code)

IMEI-Check do it for £20 :D

So if you already had a Virgin SIM, you could top up your SIM with the £30 worth of vouchers and spend £20 on unlocking it :)

Phil

IMEI-Check do it for £20 :D

So if you already had a Virgin SIM, you could top up your SIM with the £30 worth of vouchers and spend £20 on unlocking it :)

Phil

The £30 of vouchers that come with the phone is all you need to put on the phone for Virgin to unlock it....

No need to give IMEI your cash!

Guest The Doctor
The £30 of vouchers that come with the phone is all you need to put on the phone for Virgin to unlock it....

No need to give IMEI your cash!

True i wouldn't use IMEI-Check either, but if i had a virgin SIM card i'd be tempted to use the £30 top up myself and spend £20 on an unlock instead.

Just a thought

Phil

• 2 months later...
Guest sxywill2005

WHSmiths are doing the Virgin Lobster 700 TV for £49.99 now with 200 minutes included.

There is a poster on the Manchester store which I will snap up when I pass it again.

I have used it and don't like the bulge, colour of the phone. The fact it has "Lobster" on it, which makes it look cheap and tacky and the horrid keypad. Come on HTC make a Vox with DAB ;) *snaps out of dream*

Guest mrploddy
WHSmiths are doing the Virgin Lobster 700 TV for £49.99 now with 200 minutes included.

There is a poster on the Manchester store which I will snap up when I pass it again.

I have used it and don't like the bulge, colour of the phone. The fact it has "Lobster" on it, which makes it look cheap and tacky and the horrid keypad. Come on HTC make a Vox with DAB ;) *snaps out of dream*

Offer only lasts till Sunday grab it while it's hot!

Note - With the free stuff included it makes the net price of the phone very cheap. For me as an existing customer I had £10 discount + £24 200 minute voucher + £10 airtime credit making the net price of the phone £6!!!

-mrploddy