Upgrading Mid-Contract

Guest SystemicAnomaly

Guest SystemicAnomaly

Hi All

I have just gone over 12 months on my 18 month contract and am interested in upgrading or getting a new contract with T-Mobile. Technology moves too fast plus my Vario is starting to look slightly worse for wear!

Is it possible to upgrade now? And more importantly would it be cheaper or more expensive than getting a new contract with T-Mobile tomorrow for instance?

Thanks

SystemicAnomaly

Guest Paul (MVP)

Well, your best bet is to give T-Mo a ring and see what they say... depending on your spend they may or may not accomodate you. In a worst case scenario, they'll probably make you pay some sort of upgrade fee to compensate them for the 'loss of subsidy' for the remaining 6 months.

P

Guest simon211175

you should be able to cancel your contract with T-mobile, but unless they've done something to breach the contract, you'll have to pay the remaining monthly rental fees (plus any add-ons you have on your account) to cover the remaining contract term.

If you are staying with T-mobile, you may be able to haggle a reduction in this, but I guess that'd depend on if you speak to someone nice or not there.

• 2 months later...
Guest gdmagnum

You can and i did upgrade mid contract but ensure you get the phone you really want and that it is one you are going to stay with both visually and that technically its up to scratch as the only way so far i know of of upgrading mid contract is to tell t mobile that your phone is not working and is beyond repair but ensure its 1 day over the warrenty period (lol) then they will upgrade you but add 12months ontop of your orignal expiry date - ie - if your 18month contract would expire dec 07 your new contract expiry date would be dec 08. Is the price worth paying only you will know.....