stopped synching *AGAIN*

Guest dr_nick

Guest dr_nick

since my last troubles, my new spv 600 (replacement) has been synching ok. every now and then it has a problem , but this usually sorts itself out if i ignore it for long enough.

but i have not managed a successful sync since 8/2/07, 08:10 :)

same problema s before: pc comes up with a bubble saying "USB device has malfuncitoned and windows does not recognise it".

a restart of either or both does not sem to do the trick...

i havent chamged any settings or added any programs between it working and not.

anyone come up with a fix for this yet, or am i gonna have to pay for yet another replacement?

please help!

:D dr_nick

Guest genaldar
come on guys - surely with all our combined knowledge, expertise and experience someone, somewhere should be able to offer me some help with this?

grr

;)

Have you tried plugging the cable into a different port? I had to do so once or twice with my mpx220.

Guest dr_nick
genaldar's advice is what you should try first, if that fails, delete the partnership and try again - if that fails, let us know.

i have tried this on several occasions previously. it was my first step.

i have just done it again for good measure, to no avail.

i have now given up (really desperate for a sync...) and, after backing up my device with sprite backup, i have reset it to factory settings.

i was going to restore my calender and msgs, then reinstall each program one by one...

but of course now it will not run the backups, since sprite is no longer installed ("the backup .exe files are not digitally signed")

oh yeah - and it still is not recognised by my pc so i am unable to reinstall dprite (only have a installer, no .cab)

so now i have a virginal (read nasty standard orange settings) m600 and no way to bring it back up to speed without typing in my hundreds of contacts and appointments by hand - and this kind of defeats the whole point of the technology does it not?!

gar!

;)

dr_nick

Guest dr_nick

i've now removed activesync from my computer (it wouldnt seem to let me delete the parternship even.

but have lost my m600 disc, so reinstalling activesync from a previous incarnation (m2000)

and guess what? - yep, it STILL DOESNT WORK

;)

Guest dr_nick

just tried moving the usb port again, this time onto one of the front mounted ports (on my pc), and it went through the rigmarole of "found new hardware, your new hardware is ready to use", then popped up with the irritating "device has malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it" bubble.

i think i may have to get YET another replacement from orange....

dr_nick

Guest jimbouk

Is it a firewall issue?

AND How come you are installing activesync from an old CD? That will be a really old version like 3.x.

Download Activeysnc 4.2 at least if not 4.5 from Microsoft. Its free!

Once you have that, try to set up a partnership. If that fails - then go to start, settings, connections and click USB-to-PC (if your rom has it) and untick "enable advanced USB networking" - that will force the device to use a traditional USB connection instead of a RNDIS TCP IP connection.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dr_nick

thanks jimbouk,

sorry for delay - busy coupla weeks at work, hectic s***, so completely forgotten about this thread. M600 still being crap tho!

it cant be a firewall issue cos i havent changed anything on the pc or ppc. xp says it is a hardware fault of the ppc.

have tried installing activesync 4.5 (didnt realise was free to d/l!), but to suffice it to say, this DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM!

i am gonna have to et a replacement, but i am never in to receive it.

grr

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dr_nick

finally got around to speaking to orange today - have an unexpected day off work so am moping around at home doing chores.

very long winded trouble shooting process, all of which i have already tried.

finally tried using the cable that came with it instead of 3rd party cradle which had been working fine for several months, and hey presto, the darn thing is syncing!!! only reason i haven't tried this before was that i keep the cable in my car for charging and never remember to bring it up - but the lady at orange insisted i go and get it now! she also said she had never had that problem reported before (but also didnt know that the m600 doesnt come with its own cradle).

yay

now i just have to spend hours getting all that 3rd party software i had forgotten ineeded reinstalled!

dr_nick