Toshiba G900 800x480 widescreen in action

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

As mentioned in our launch news item, the Toshiba G900 features a stunning 800x480 widescreen... a first for a Windows Mobile device. So what will that look like to use? Courtesy of website AkihabaraNews, there are now some shots of the device live in action, posted below.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, look at all those pixels... :) The portrait screenshot does look most odd! I don't know about you, but this is one device i'm very keen to get my hands on.

P

15-Feb-2007_Toshiba_G900_1.jpg

15-Feb-2007_Toshiba_G900_2.jpg

Guest LSmith4285

I have to say I really want one of these but I am a bit worried about how long it will take before my favourite apps gets updated to the new screen res. I remember having a C550 and squinting at the small area of the screen that my apps would display on.

Guest bennish

shall we get all jobsy and talk about the pixels per inch?

This is the "highest ppi we've ever made" (cheers) "we're putting an entire SXGA screen in ONE INCH - that's 5 million ppi..."

hehe :) lets just get some VGAs on the devices that currently have QVGA and standardise it all hey? eliminate 320x240 before we start moving to ridiculous sizes that (as correctly stated above) will only require more software changes.

Guest VulakAerr

I just watched a video of this. Apparently there's a fingerprint reader around the back (in landscape mode) which works for both navigation (2 dimensions) and locking. Anybody else seen this? That alone is worth its weight in gold. Which, coincidentally, will probably be its exact cost connection-free. Yikes!

Guest mikeeey
It's pretty big!

P

thats wat she said

lol

so from the specs it looks like its no different from the hermes (besides the bigger screen).

does the hermes have more featues? how fast is the processor on this thing?

Edited by mikeeey

• 3 months later...
Guest Gerald.D

This one´s listed as arriving in stock at Expansys tomorrow. At a very reasonable price too (GBP410)

Despite having only recently moved from a Hermes to a Trinity, I´m finding it mightily tempting. That screen is going to make a huge difference when it comes to web browsing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.