The 'my first post' topic [merged]

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest compactii

Hello to all,

i own a vpa compact ii for about one year. I think this is a rarely version of the htc wizard so i learned not to search with it´s origirnial name (from vodafone) but it´s better known aliases for any information.

Am i wrong? are there any more user of this version

Guest brassdoorknob

Hi! First post for me too!

Great website with a minefield of useful information that has covered various aspects of my Orange SPV C100/C500, O2 XDA Mini S, O2 XDA IQ & currently O2 XDA Orbit!

Guest scott.may

Hi - another "First Post" - seems popular around here.

Using a JasJar, but finding the brick a bit big at times, so I'm looking for the "Next One". Is that an M3100? Dunno what that is, I've just noticed a few peeople mention it - I'll check it out. Otherwise all I want is something that does it all and runs forever. Not much to ask :)

Have fun, Scott

Guest nathanlock

my first post:-

will i ever see wm6 on my orange m3100 or even simple update to aku 3.something removing the known bugs,

hmmm dream on I suppose.

well hi to you all now I am here.

Guest Smurfinoe

Hi ppl!

I came upon MoDaCo when I was trying to update my Orange SPV C600 to AKU2 sometime back.

Thanks to this site and Neilfenstein, I successfully updated my phone with the patched AKU2 rom from SPV Developers sporting the MoDaCo boot screen.

I now enjoy Direct Push mail from 4SmartPhone.

I hope to contribute back to the community via the MoDaCo site.

Thanks Paul for encouraging me to make this first post.

Guest imnidjit

I generally make a fool of myself on forums, with a gift for the obvious and what not, but I'm giving this a shot. I have owned a Cingular 2125 since November 2006 and love what I don't hate and vice versa. Biggest pain so far is finding a decent stereo hybrid headset/microphone that actually works on the 2125. I've enjoyed the HTC Faraday forum which I now realize is where I should ask about the 2125 headset --- see what I mean? I am exposed.

But I feel better.

Guest erothschild

OK, first post here.

Was a MPX220 user, not so satisfied, then after some other models, now using a Samsung N321i.

Like the site becuse of the downloads sections. Here in Brazil there are many options.

[]'s

Eduardo

Guest ssschmidt
Looking for somewhere to make your first post?

Want to just post something introducing yourself?

This is the place ;)

P

Greetings from Louisville, KY.. Retired Navy geek who recently got his first smartphone (Cingular 3125) and found his way here by google, as well as links from other users signatures or software suggestions.

I also have a Dell Axim X51V to go with my Smartphone. I am currently mad at ActiveStink 4.5. Some of my tasks aren't syncing, and I am getting ready to nuke it and start over (Note, as an activestink user, this is NOT the first time {or the last} that activestink has been removed from my computer).

As a matter of fact, Activestink is probably the most removed & reinstalled software component in the world. IMO.

Thanks for the welcome post idea... Have a great day.

dts777 - what's streamline TV?

P

Where I can watch TV on my phone... I saw something that you can hook up to your TV at home and it will send the shows to your phone i think it was Slingbox. Do you know anything about this...?

Guest my-insane-m8
This email is being sent to all members with 0 posts...

mmmmmm! My first post sadly will be short and sweet, cos this member aint a happy chap atm!

In fact i really couldn't have picked a worse time to be doing this!

Why?

Cos today (19.02.07) I lost my mobile phone! ;)

I'm gutted, sick as a pig, hacked off, really, and I mean REALLY fecked off! :(

So, can i ask a quick question? Does Modaco have a section for members who no longer have a mobile phone?

O well i guess its back to using two tin cans and a length of string! The network coverage is sh*te, however the line rental has to be the cheapest around! :D

Guest lotuskitty

Hey guys, this is my first post. Got a samsung blackjack recently, been trying to work out some kinks, I've browsed this site and received some great advice. This is an awesome communitiy to share and help each other with issues. Issue of the moment for me: Java programs don't work too well on my phone, I've read others have had the same problems, any suggestions? There is no option to set network access permission to always connect, I have to allow connection everytime.

-Lotuskitty

Guest LEXXONE74

;) HI, EVERYBODY! I'M NOT THE BRIGHTEST FOOL IN THIS SITE SO BARE WITH ME IF I DON'T POST ANYTHING BECAUSE I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO POST, ITS SAD BUT TRUE. :D

Guest Almon B. Strowger

Greetings all. I too have been dragging my feet--This is my first post.

I hope this post can still be considered for the drawing--on the technicality that it is still Feb. 19th in my time zone (Pacific Time)!

I have a metronome product that I developed for Pocket PC, but I've never made a Smartphone version of the software.

Some have told me that many musicians and D.J.'s carry Smartphones, and that I should make a Smartphone version.

Feedback from DJ's/musicians would be appreciated on the subject. ;)

Thanks,

Almon B. Strowger

Guest Blümchen Blau

Never posted here before - never had to ;):D

But, it's a good day for a first time :(

Two fellows: 1st HTC Magician (as XDA mini II) & 2nd HTC Tornado (as VDA II)

Read you somewhere ...

elo for all.

sorry I'm late and for my English, this is not my native language.

I'm using SPV c600 from orange for now almost the best Phone in the world but we will see what Apple show us ;)

It's great that I can write my first with out answer "hey newbie get lost" :D

Besides I'm Dawid from Poland, thx for all a see you soon.

Guest AhmedGharieb

In my first post

First, i'd like to say Hello to all

Second, i have a problem with my imate smartphone 1, can any one help me to tell from where i can find a battary for it, the original battary is dead and i cant find it here in cairo, Egypt

Thanks and Regards

Ahemd Gharieb

Edited by AhmedGharieb

Guest ronseal

hi, im alex!

so ive been looking 4 a cheap n fast internet solution.... im a student so moneys tight ;-)

n here we go:

T-Mobile (HTC) Vario 2 + W'n'W .......Briliant!!!! or at least for the first 2 hours or so then it all went pear shaped!

so who'd like to help me with my connection problem & where should i post the thread?

just lemme tell you the basics here:

im connected & speed test is @ about 2mb/s - no problems there

just uninstalled norton because it told me i needed to do a reinstall

just downloaded about 50 auto updates for windows because im still running SP1 -- not had the net for a while!

and then WHAM!!!

cant get on ebay or msn or my banks site or paypal

errors... something to do with ip..... i think

or posibly the gateway

anyway, please help me

Guest amarko5

Hi peeps not my first post :D (should have read the invite :( )

ok a short intro from me

had many pocket pc's starting with a hp 540 then a 568 then an ipaq then onto phones with the origonal xda then a mini s and currently using an artemis (well mda compact 3 on tmobile web n walk)

so far so good with the mdac3 (wish it could be wifi activated though) anyway hello to all and i hope i can be helpfull in the forums (I think i have made a start on that tonight ;) )

bc,

good news on the new HTC ROM. Are we talking AKU 3.3 or a WM6 upgrade? Do you have any further information?

Budd

Nope don't know details of what it will be in the update, but pretty sure it won't be a WM6 upgrade! I spoke to a very useful bloke from T-mob earlier, and he's going to email me in the next couple of days when he knows the release date. Once it's ready it'll be available here www.tm-phonedownloads.com.

Cheers

Looking for somewhere to make your first post?

Want to just post something introducing yourself?

This is the place ;)

P

hi.. this is my first post!!

I am a Taiwaness and I don't have a good ability on English write.

So I never post untill now.