eten g500 charge port.

Guest mastabo

Guest mastabo

hey guys, im new to the forum. recently bought a eten g500 with a broken charging port.

Only the wires are there and the plastic bar that holds the wires in place are gone.

I currently do not have a charger for the phone. The pins are all straight and not broken off.

Is there any way i can fix this? I was thinking of taking some parts off of some regular phones and replace it that way. Then i may have a problem with the charger being not aligned...

Can anyone give me some suggestions? The phone is already opened up and ready to be operated on.

Thanks!

Guest martinwilliams999
hey guys, im new to the forum. recently bought a eten g500 with a broken charging port.

Only the wires are there and the plastic bar that holds the wires in place are gone.

I currently do not have a charger for the phone. The pins are all straight and not broken off.

Is there any way i can fix this? I was thinking of taking some parts off of some regular phones and replace it that way. Then i may have a problem with the charger being not aligned...

Can anyone give me some suggestions? The phone is already opened up and ready to be operated on.

Thanks!

Here are 3 options for you.

You could try slipping a VERY thin piece of plastic in behind the contacts.

I'm guessing it would need to be about 1mm thick, and carefully glued in place to stop it falling out.

OR

You could buy a sync/charging cradle.

They cost about UK£5 or US$10 on eBay.

The G500 can sit on the same cradle as the M500/TORQ P100 and M600/TORQ P120.

The original Eten/TORQ cradle has a slot at the back for charging a second battery.

It may be a bit of a fiddle, but you could charge the battery outside the phone and simply not bother with repairing the port.

The only problem here is that you would have to rely on Bluetooth to sync it with a PC via Microsoft ActiveSync.

OR

You could buy a non-working M500/TORQ P100 or M600/TORQ P120 (plenty of those on eBay) and transfer the whole charging port over to your G500.

This would then enable you to charge using the cradle and easily sync with a PC.

Good luck.

Martin

Guest mastabo
You could buy a non-working M500/TORQ P100 or M600/TORQ P120 (plenty of those on eBay) and transfer the whole charging port over to your G500.

This would then enable you to charge using the cradle and easily sync with a PC.

Thank You so much!

So dummy phones for that model have real parts in them that i can use? or are you talking about broken phones? Im leaning towards that 3rd option to fix the phone.

Once again thanks~

Guest martinwilliams999
Thank You so much!

So dummy phones for that model have real parts in them that i can use? or are you talking about broken phones? Im leaning towards that 3rd option to fix the phone.

Once again thanks~

Yes, I meant broken phones, not dummies.

I don't think any dummies have working parts inside, although they might have a real docking socket to complete the outside image.

Having said that, I've never seen a dummy of any Eten phone.

Happy hunting!

Martin