Orange M700 Availability

Guest dez16v

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what the availablilty is like up and down the country.

I have been in to my local Orange shop today and there was no sign of the M700 anywhere, not even a dummy model to look at yet. They did have the M3100 and the M600 but no M700 yet.

I asked one of the assistants that told me that they were in short supply but they should have some in for the first week in March.

I asked how much it would cost me to upgrade and was told it would be anything from £49.99 to £149.99 depending on which monthly contract I had.

What offers have you seen for the M700?

Guest FuzzMunky

If you are an orange customer already there is a simple way to get A. a free M700 and B. a cheaper monthly deal on your contract.

Ring up customer services and sternly ask to speak to rententions to get your PAC code, cos you want to go to web'n'walk on t-mobile. Either that or you have been offered a deal for the M700 (HTC P3600) on O2 for free. As they give it to you, (which is just a code you can either use within 30 days or if you dont has no effect) they will offer you a M700 for free and a better deal. Guaranteed. And it is even more transparent after you have been given a PAC. You can ring up anytime within the 30 days and ask to be put through to retentions. It will all be out in the open and you can ask them outright what offer they give you.

Works with SKY to, if you want a free Sky plus. ;)

Edited by FuzzMunky

Guest Rob_Quads

I went into the Orange shop in bracknell. I was told the M700 was just about to be released and they did not expect it in thier store for another month or so (They also said the Sony W880 had not been released, probably another month away and maybe a month after that to get into stores)

After being told that and knowing what is actually released I did not even bother asking anything more. It amazes me how bad some of the knowledge can be. Its thier job to know about thier phones. Its not as if they carry a huge range so they should know each one fairly well and know what the score is regarding new phones.

Guest robertevans

Phoned orange last tuesday and received the SPV M700 on thursday. opted for £35 per month racoon on 18 months contract and received free broadband, over 500 minutes cross network 200 text messages, and unlimited calls to uk landline, over all with free broadband and unlimited calls to landline, it not a bad deal, Oh yes the phone was Free. ;)

Edited by robertevans

Guest Rob_Quads
Phoned orange last tuesday and received the SPV M700 on thursday. opted for £35 per month racoon on 18 months contract and received free broadband, over 500 minutes cross network 200 text messages, and unlimited calls to uk landline, over all with free broadband and unlimited calls to landline, it not a bad deal, Oh yes the phone was Free. ;)

When you say free broadband do you mean for the duration of your contract? You sure its not just the 3 month unlimited trial? 3G data unlimited costs £88 a month so to be getting that free you must be doing something special

Doh - Just realised you meant ADSL Broadband not phone broadband

Edited by Rob_Quads

Guest afhstingray

im on the old 25 pound a month 1000 xnet off peak plan with orange, using a spv m5000

called them about upgrading, they offered me a discount to 15 pounds a month on the same plan im currently on plus the free m700 or m3100 (basically they said i can get any of their phones for free)

alternatively they offered me a o2 matched plan, 2560 anytime any network mins for 35 (reduced to 30) pounds a month, and m700 or m3100 for free, only caveat is i have to sign up for 18 months...... sigh.....

decisions decisions, it would be a no brainer if i lived ANYWHERE else but hull.....cos because i have a kingston communication line i cant use the free broadbrand that comes with the second option ;)

i really hope the i-mate ultimate devices make it to orange...cant live without a vga screen after getting pampered by my m5000

Edited by afhstingray