RUU on Vista: It can be done... the ultimate guide!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Confucious

This also works for Windows 7

I never had a problem with Vista and didn't read the instructions here - the ones I found were half missing so I had to guess most of it...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest AiDoVay

Hello there,

I got a problem from step 5. I just don't understand how you can see HTC phone in Device Manager after you uncheck a box "Allow All USB Connection"? It means that there is no connection between any devices and PC.

Plz help to get me through this step.

Thanks,

Guest Confucious

Don't worry about it. Just continue, it's now in the right connection state. Although ActiveSync / WMDC can't see it RUU can.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Xavier2k
I have try all case this above, but it not work. My Vista is still show message "ROMUpdateUtility MFC Application has stopped working".

However, I'm installed Virtual Machine (Parallels or VMWare Machine) on Vista and setup WinXP on this VM and setup MS Async 4.5 and Uprom good work.

Note : Don't install Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, it not support USB port.

Good Luck !

[email protected]

Yep! You're absolutely right. Even under windows7 x64 build 7201 it works. I've installed VMware6.5.2 and windowsXPsp3 under it. Now i've upgraded mu loox n560 to WM6.1.

Guest attiffe

If any 1 can help me out im tierd literally ... i cannot get USPL to get updated for that i have gone thru dis driver update guide . . . im on windows 7 and when i update the driver i get this error msg [ windows encountered a problem installing the driver for your device ]

windows found a driver software for ur device but encountered an error while attempting to install it

The device cannot start .( code 10 )

help me out with this plz ...........................................................

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
If any 1 can help me out im tierd literally ... i cannot get USPL to get updated for that i have gone thru dis driver update guide . . . im on windows 7 and when i update the driver i get this error msg [ windows encountered a problem installing the driver for your device ]

windows found a driver software for ur device but encountered an error while attempting to install it

The device cannot start .( code 10 )

help me out with this plz ...........................................................

Dude I have the exact same problem... It's 4.15 AM here right now, and I am pretty tired myself. tried everything, but I get the same error...

I would also appreciate a solution :)

Good night from here in Norway!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest ReactorUA

Hi! I'm an owner of FSC Loox T830. I do everything as written in the top of the topic, but after flashing and reboot the device freezes on "Clean Boot" screen. :( Please help me to solve the problem.

Best regards.

Edited by ReactorUA

• 1 month later...
Guest moronas

hElLooo!!!! Paul:

This thanx and big thanks goes to you .. u are a great admin .... man i was working on my jasjar since three days .. surfecd .. almost all da net .. tryin' to find.... a clue.. any.. clue... to work ma i-mate... again.. now... it's done.. it's back with instructions from you... :D... big thanx .. to u...

moronas... :D :) :lol: :)

• 5 months later...
Guest NoSword

I realize this is a really old thread but... how do I get to the bootloader? I bought an axim x50 off of ebay for really cheap and was wanted to try updating the software. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.