Visual Studio 2005 Standard or Pro?

Guest dewdman42

Guest dewdman42

I have been trying to figure out if I need the Pro or standard version of Visual Studio 2005 to start making apps for WM5. Does the Standard edition and SDK include everything, or will I find out later that there is some one crucial little thing that is only included in the Professional edition?

I could care less about SQL database client/server programming.

???

Guest tsutton

Looking at my VS2005 box, it says that the Standard includes "Smartphone and Pocket PC development tools"

With Professional, the extra features are:

* Tool for building Windows CE based application

* XSD and XSLT editing and debugging

* Advanced debugging tools, including cross machine debugging

* Visual Basic and Visual C# stored procedure development

Hope this answers your question?

Guest dewdman42

Yes. Tools for Windows CE. What is that? All of the descriptions I see for V Pro list something about mobile development. Trying to understand what exactly that is.

Guest mikeeey

i have visual studio 2005 and it lets me do smartphone 2003, pocket pc 2003, WM5 and WM6 Professional (Pocket Pc) from an update. now my question is why dont i have WM5 pocket pc and smartphone?

Guest dewdman42
i have visual studio 2005 and it lets me do smartphone 2003, pocket pc 2003, WM5 and WM6 Professional (Pocket Pc) from an update. now my question is why dont i have WM5 pocket pc and smartphone?

Being able to target WM5 smartphone is critical. Can someone with the standard edition confirm this is supported in VS2005 STANDARD? If not, does that mean we have to get Pro for this?

Guest mikeeey
Being able to target WM5 smartphone is critical. Can someone with the standard edition confirm this is supported in VS2005 STANDARD? If not, does that mean we have to get Pro for this?

but i do have pro. i guess i forgot to say that.