Orange France confirm April release of SPV E650 'Vox' at 159 Euros

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

French site Mobinaute is reporting in their news that pricing details have been made available for the forthcoming SPV E650 (aka HTC Vox).

The 2.5G, 2.4" screen'd Smartphone device with the innovative landscape sliding QWERTY a-la-Herald will be priced at 159 Euros, and will hit the streets at the end of April... and that's official!

Nothing yet regarding release in the UK or Holland, but you can rest assured the device is scheduled to hit in both markets at around the same time.

P

Guest Pop2k

159€ with some unnamed contract (probably one of the most expensive ones for 24 months, the way I know Orange by now) ... and only by the end of April.

Well, I'm hoping it's gonna be the same with the Vox as it was with the last bunch of HTC phones. They were all available at the local phone discounters earlier, unlocked, unbranded and for less than Orange would sell em later on. ;)

Guest sxywill2005

159 e's that aint good at all!

This phone should be free on a £30 p/m tarrif. It's form factor maybe innovative, but it's specification is no way impressive at all!

Oh and I do want one ;)

Guest Wolfie24
159€ with some unnamed contract (probably one of the most expensive ones for 24 months, the way I know Orange by now) ... and only by the end of April.

Well, I'm hoping it's gonna be the same with the Vox as it was with the last bunch of HTC phones. They were all available at the local phone discounters earlier, unlocked, unbranded and for less than Orange would sell em later on. ;)

Let me know where these local phone discounters are :D I'd be very interested. Love the look of this new phone! Will probably wait for the one with GPS on it though.

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Wonder how much the Wings will cost :/

As for Vox pricing, it does have 3g/HSDPA/Wifi and a massive screen. The price will no doubt drop over the next 6 months...

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Er sorry, i was thinking about the comparative pricing of the Wings while typing about the Vox, nonsense ensued... ;)

I meant: features like the Wifi and screen will bump the price on the Vox. The price will no doubt drop over the next 6 months (which hopefully will partly be due to a Wings release!)

/me goes back to bed...

Guest Pop2k
Let me know where these local phone discounters are ;) I'd be very interested. Love the look of this new phone! Will probably wait for the one with GPS on it though.

Switzerland. :D

Price drops over the next 6 months aint what I need. My C600's joystick is so fubar after only 15 months of use that it's freaking me out at least once a day. Kinda hard to resist the constant urge of throwing that phone bastard against the next wall. And the Vox is seriously the first phone I'm interested in this year (well, there's the Herald too, but that large screen and my tendency of dropping my phones ...).

Guest smeg36

I got to see the E650 at CTIA. It wasn't an Orange branded version of the phone, just the display card was labeled as such. But the device I saw was lacking the Office Mobile apps. It had ClearVue installed instead. When I was speaking with MS and Moto about the q9 and E650 lacking Office Mobile in their WM6, I was informed there are two different versions of WM6 Standard that are licensed differently. One of them includes Office Mobile and one doesn't. This worries me. Obviously the one with Office Mobile will cost more, and less carriers will want to license that version. The Moto q9 has Documents to Go installed instead. As I already said, hte E650 I saw had ClearVue.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Not sure I believe what they told you.

I have a Vox as you know, and it has Clearvue, but Office Mobile is also tucked away on there.

Can't believe MS would ship it without it...

P

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Unless its another money saving exercise (or the operators/manufacturers try to tell *us* what we want, rather than vice versa...)

Guest nuttyphilt
Unless its another money saving exercise (or the operators/manufacturers try to tell *us* what we want, rather than vice versa...)

If you look at that PDF that compares WM5 to WM6 then it does state that Mobile Office is an 'Optional licensable component of Windows Mobile 6'. I guess it's cheaper without it....

Guest smeg36

I certainly hope they were incorrect, and I didn't really believe it when the Moto rep told me that. But then when I was at the MS booth and asked, and got the same answer, I started getting worried. The Office Mobile feature is one of the main enhancements to WM6. It would be horrible is MS offered carriers the ability to remove it. Would we then have two versions of the Smartphone OS, WM6 Standard Ultimate and WM6 Standard Basic?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.