Bluetooth Car Kit experience to share?

Guest Stepir

Guest vasylek

Thanks for your info. The Parrot ck3100 works fine too EXCEPT the fact that keypad must be unlocked, which is uncomfortable. All the tricks with maniac keylocker did not help. BTW maniac makes my phone unstable (hangs).

And with Nokia e61 ( and all other nokias too) you can sit into the car with you telephone LOCKED in your pocket. When you dial the number Parrot unlocks the phone, then when the call is finished it locks it again. Comfy - that's the way it should work.

Hence i600 needs some improvement in this field.

V

Guest MitchellO

Hey that's pretty cool it unlocks then relocks.

I'm getting into the habit now of unlocking my phone before I get in the car and leaving it in my pocket. With the great interface on the display on the 3200LS I don't need to access the phone at all when driving.

Guest vasylek

I'm getting into the habit now of unlocking my phone before I get in the car and leaving it in my pocket. With the great interface on the display on the 3200LS I don't need to access the phone at all when driving.

Guest vasylek

Mitchello, one more question. When someone calls you and you push the green button in your Parrot system - can you hear your interlocutor's voice immediately or after some 4-6 seconds like in my 3100?? With Nokia I did not experience this problem. But here I have the habbit of waiting few seconds before I answer :rolleyes:

Thanks, Vasylek

Guest X-Ray A4T

I have a Siemens after market HKW600 BT carkit. It works fine as a carkit but it does not support any of its advanced features like phonebook access and voice dialing. If I select the phonebook it redials the last number.

Guest vasylek
I have a Siemens after market HKW600 BT carkit. It works fine as a carkit but it does not support any of its advanced features like phonebook access and voice dialing. If I select the phonebook it redials the last number.

It is very typical in all BT car kits I know. Phone book is not working if your telephone is more sophisticated than Nokia 6310 or something.

My friend bought himself new Jaguar with built in BT set and realized that his LG phone does not work with it at all. Jaguar service softly answered that for this car recommended phone is... nokia 6310 :rolleyes:

V

Edited by vasylek

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jason Cheeseman

This might temporaily help some people with the Parrot CK3100 system. Reading a previous post pushed me towards this solution because I could not find a free vcard convertor for Outlook but stumbled across one on the Parrot website.

So here's what I did.

Download free Parrot vcf convertor from : http://www.parrot.biz/documents/fr/support...vcf_creator.rar

Unpack it using WinRar etc. Follow instructions that come with creator (move .dll file etc).

Fire up program whilst Outlook is open and hit create button.

I had over 150 contacts with mobile, home and work numbers and the file created was only 13kb.

I used ActiveSync to transfer the file to my phone and then selected it through file explorer on the phone, then "menu -> beam", choose Parrot CK3100, wait about 30 seconds and voila.

It's the best conversion I've had from a phone as now I just have a list of names rather than:

Andy Williams /m

Andy Williams /w

Andy Williams /h

I hope this helps some of you before Samsung get their backside in gear and fix this. Why oh why they had to mess around with the Bluetooth stack is beyond me. I had a HTC Wizard before this and a HTC TyTn and they both worked like a dream and I took my hat off to Bill Gates for being the first software developer for smartphones to actually take note of what every car owner out there with Bluetooth was screaming about (eg Nokia Communicators & Sony Erisson P*** series - all rubbish with inbuilt car kits from BMW, Audi etc).

I work for a very large computer company and they've rolled out thousand of these things worldwide and guess what - we all have Parrot kits. I can only assume that they are all over Samsung like a rash.

I hope that if and when WM6 comes out that they will leave it be and it should work really well. I loaded WM6 on my TyTn and I got signal strength and battery level appear so Microsoft have made the bluetooth stack even more compatible.

• 2 months later...
Guest Paulo Sows

Hy, i have a Volvo s80 with bluetooth carkit (version 2007) and my phones wont connect (htc artemis P3300, nokia 9500 and e61). Did you now that samsung i600 will work? Change carkit? I contact my dealer at Volvo in Portugal and they said that old phones like 6310i and motorola l7 work just fine... my expensive phones (i must have email with gprs working) dont connect!!! Please help me to solve that! Tks!

Guest X-Ray A4T

Since upgrading to wm6 I see the service provider, signal and battery level. I have voice dialling (using voice assist unfortunately ;) ) and I have access to the call log and can dial from there.

Guest Paulo Sows
Since upgrading to wm6 I see the service provider, signal and battery level. I have voice dialling (using voice assist unfortunately ;) ) and I have access to the call log and can dial from there.

Hy, Jetware work with i600? i dont get contacts transfer to my carkit... Can you help me?

Guest Paulo Sows
Hy, Jetware work with i600? i dont get contacts transfer to my carkit... Can you help me?

I try the i600 WM6 and connect and work the first time. When connect again the sound only work in my phone... and i have to transfer to the car manually. Why? cand i fixed?