Can't find a good deal

Guest Ovie

Hi, we've been with Orange for absolutely ages, well, in excess of 5 years, me on PAYG, and both my parents on a business contract which I believe exceeds £75 a month.

Unfortunately, my original SPV which I had for about 5 years is no longer working, I am interested in the SPV M700 though. My Dad, wants the N95 so he can use it with his car despite my efforts to convert him to WM from Symbian. My mother, who knows nothing about phones doesn't really mind.

What we want to do, is to add another sharer to the business contract, or start a new one (my parents are due for an upgrade), and basically get three new handsets, an N95, SPV M700 and whatever.

We called Orange up before but we couldn't get a good deal, baring in mind this was before the N95, they were asking us to pay £150 for the M700, and we did call up about 4 or 5 times and they said the same thing.

I suppose with my dad wanting the N95 it's going to be a bit different now, but, what's the best way of going about getting the best possible deal? Also, what is Orange Retentions, and where can I get the number?

Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kame1986

Sadely, it doesnt matter whether you've been on Orange since the get go. When you upgrade they put you in a "band" 1-5. 5 being the highest, 1 being the lowest.

1=ur a granny who never uses the phone and leaves it in the car. (choicies of phones are very limited)

5= power user, always going over the minutres etc etc (pick any phone and ull get free except SPV M3100, N95 and Nk 8800)

Now just cos ur dads bill is over £75 a month means jack all. Thats actually not alot if ya think about.

If they are charging you for the M700 it usually means 1. its too early to upgrade so u r paying and upgrade fee or 2. you are not in category 5.

This is my advice. Now i know this can be done cos i bloody do it.

get the account holder to go into a Orange retail shop and see if he can get the "band" increased by 1 or 2. This will help you greatly. Then see what ur upgrades are. Dont let the sales adviser say he cant.

tell him he needs to ring business up and get them increased.

• 2 months later...
Guest pjheliking
Sadely, it doesnt matter whether you've been on Orange since the get go. When you upgrade they put you in a "band" 1-5. 5 being the highest, 1 being the lowest.

1=ur a granny who never uses the phone and leaves it in the car. (choicies of phones are very limited)

5= power user, always going over the minutres etc etc (pick any phone and ull get free except SPV M3100, N95 and Nk 8800)

Now just cos ur dads bill is over £75 a month means jack all. Thats actually not alot if ya think about.

If they are charging you for the M700 it usually means 1. its too early to upgrade so u r paying and upgrade fee or 2. you are not in category 5.

This is my advice. Now i know this can be done cos i bloody do it.

get the account holder to go into a Orange retail shop and see if he can get the "band" increased by 1 or 2. This will help you greatly. Then see what ur upgrades are. Dont let the sales adviser say he cant.

tell him he needs to ring business up and get them increased.

Your absolutely right. I work for orange and the only reason we say you cvant is cause our manager would have said so. It is so much better though for you to call 150 and ask to speak to the retentions department. They can do wonders. Personaly sod the managers i do it anyway. At the end of the day the store will be meeting targets so by all means do it. However it is orange retail protocol not to offer this unless you are dealing with me lol. so ask ask anything the worst answer will be no. but just act as though ur going to cancel contract if you dont that always stirrs the hornets nest. M700 really good i actualy have one (dont know why hate orange network) but its cool apart from orange ripping out pocket msn ur good to go. also it has built in gps. N95 orange took the voip on the wifi off so no mater what software you put on your phone you wont be able ot do that.

Edited by pjheliking