Connecting via WIFI?

Guest soiauk

Guest soiauk

Hi Guys,

Apologies if a solution to this is elsewhere.

I am new to having a Windows Mobile based phone and was wondering if someone can help with a problem I am having.

Basically I have connected my M700 to my Home Wireless Network and it is connected fine (the icon is displaying as connected in the top bar) and when I have checked the settings they all seem to be fine, however as soon as I try to open a webpage or do something which needs to connect to the internet, the application always dials the 3G connection as opposed to using the WIFI connection.

Does anyone know a way to solve this? I know it is probably something simple but I can't seem to get it to work.

For Info > I know the Network is definitely up and running and has a web connection because I am typing this on my PC which is connected to the same network.

Thanks for any help.

Phil

Guest stesa
Hi Guys,

Apologies if a solution to this is elsewhere.

I am new to having a Windows Mobile based phone and was wondering if someone can help with a problem I am having.

Basically I have connected my M700 to my Home Wireless Network and it is connected fine (the icon is displaying as connected in the top bar) and when I have checked the settings they all seem to be fine, however as soon as I try to open a webpage or do something which needs to connect to the internet, the application always dials the 3G connection as opposed to using the WIFI connection.

Does anyone know a way to solve this? I know it is probably something simple but I can't seem to get it to work.

For Info > I know the Network is definitely up and running and has a web connection because I am typing this on my PC which is connected to the same network.

Thanks for any help.

Phil

start/setting/connections/connections/advanced/ browse net and set work or internet , not your ISP

Guest soiauk
start/setting/connections/connections/advanced/ browse net and set work or internet , not your ISP

Thanks very much Stesa, I will give this a try later on when I am back in my house.

Guest Neil5459

Also check that there are no firewall setting in your router that may be preventing the M700 from exchanging data, even though apparently connected.