Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest X-Ray A4T
I'm on Vodacom and I have no problems.

I upgraded from Vodacom too, but it makes no difference as the Admin settings password allows you to change the phone network settings anyway. The only thing is because the phone ends up as a European WM6 version there are no MTN/Vodacom settings so you will have to set up the GPRS etc manually.

Guest gavinfabl
Can you please post images of the today sceen of Mobile 6 on i600. Is there still card-view or is it normal.

Is this firmware faster than previous?

It has the card view as well as a choice of many other screens. And yes the firmware is definitely faster. For some screen shots of the difference see my thoughts written here http://www.clieuk.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13019

Edited by gavinfabl

Guest Arhimede

Hi.

I recently bought an Samsung i600v version i600BUGD1, did anyone had that version and upgraded to WM6?

Is it ok, or it crashes...is it safe?

Thanks.

Guest netfreak

Guys, please tell me if this phone worth buying right now. I did have qtek (HTC) s200 and I loved it, because of touchscreen, full windows mobile, then I switched to N8800, but want something else, should I try this one?

Guest dario_s
I recently bought an Samsung i600v version i600BUGD1, did anyone had that version and upgraded to WM6?

Thanks.

Please read through this thread carefully.

What you have is a Vodafone version, which I've also had. You should upgrade to XXGD1 first, and then to WM6. You will find detailed instructions in this thread.

D.

Guest zoneman
To get past the "Incorrect version" message and upgrade any i600 to WM6, just follow the detailed instructions from this very same thread on page 15.

D.

I did follow the directions, but when you switch to Netherlands, it is not listed. Only Singapore, Malaysia, Indo and Default are listed. I tried Default is I got the "Not the correct version" error. I did an unplug\plug in USB as stated in the directions, but it still did not get pass that error.

So you cannot set the region as stated in the instructions.

I would like to hear from anyone who as been successful in upgrading an i600 from ASEAN to WM6. Thanks

ZoneMan

Guest dario_s

I did follow the directions, but when you switch to Netherlands, it is not listed. Only Singapore, Malaysia, Indo and Default are listed. I tried Default is I got the "Not the correct version" error. I

So how long is this update actually supposed to take?

The flashing process is already running more than 1 hour. (I can see on the device on the last line "Time: xxx" where xxx stands for numbers which are changing extremely fast)

Is this normal or should I start worrying?

edit:

still not finished....

still random(?) numbers changingextremely fast

edit2:

I was getting impatient, so I pulled the plug on the device. After turning it on, everything seems fine and is working except internet connectivity.

When connecting to GPRS or 3G, I get "ID or Password are wrong." and "Remote party stopped connection", although Internet settings are correct (I have to configure everything manually, because my provider is not in the list; I configured like I configured it under windows mobile 5 where internet was working)

Any ideas?

Edited by beta3

Guest dario_s
So how long is this update actually supposed to take?

The flashing process is already running more than 1 hour. (I can see on the device on the last line "Time: xxx" where xxx stands for numbers which are changing extremely fast)

Is this normal or should I start worrying?

The update will let you know when it is finished. If it is stuck at this point with "rotating numbers", the update has failed and some components of your phone have not been updated (check the Phone version, for example). This has happened to some people, simply try re-installing modem drivers and re-run the updater.

D.

The update will let you know when it is finished. If it is stuck at this point with "rotating numbers", the update has failed and some components of your phone have not been updated (check the Phone version, for example). This has happened to some people, simply try re-installing modem drivers and re-run the updater.

D.

Yeah, you were right.

It seems that the modem drivers could not be successfully installed on my notebook. When I tried it on a different PC, everything went fine.

Internet connectivity is now working as well.

Guest nigel07
Nigel from SA

Can yu confirm this update on a SA phone you can still use all your functions? Was it a Vodacom or MTN version?

Hi Charlie

All the functions are working 100% No hassels whatsoever. I'm on Vodacom.

The signal is good (in my case, seems to have improved).

You just have to confiqure your GPRS & MMS settings manually.

Guest Ph0enixashes

Ok, What now lol....

I have the following version

PDA i600JCGC4

Phone: i600JCGC4

Eboot: i600JCGC4

Ok I need to know the exac process on how to update it to WM6. I'm from South Africa and I have the WM6 Rom, and the modem driver, do I need the WM5-GD1 files and where can I download them and the patches coz this rapedsphere link doesn't work or at least it keeps on saying the max downloads reached.

Please if anyone can assist me here coz i am soooo cinfused now.

:) :P

Guest dario_s
Please if anyone can assist me here coz i am soooo cinfused now.

:) :P

There have been several good and informative posts on how to upgrade to XXGD1 first, and then to WM6.

I think you will find most detailed instructions, step-by-step, on page 15 of this thread.

And, yes, you do need both the XXGD1 and its modem drivers.

D.

Guest Arhimede

Does anyone have an utility to create a backup of my current ROM version before begining the upgrade?

Thanks.

Edited by Arhimede

Guest Ph0enixashes
There have been several good and informative posts on how to upgrade to XXGD1 first, and then to WM6.

I think you will find most detailed instructions, step-by-step, on page 15 of this thread.

And, yes, you do need both the XXGD1 and its modem drivers.

D.

Ok Great,managed to follow the procedure and loading the GD1 on the phone as well as the WM6... Everything worked perfectly, it took me about 20 min to do the whole thing. Just had to get the Vodacom setting for my phone to enable me to actually use the net. It is faster, connections are more stable and signals are stronger. I have ALOT of free memory left, more than with WM5. LOVE the voice recognition (needs a bit of work though)!

Thx guys your champs...

One more question... Office mobile proffesional for WM6, any idea where I can get it, and also some funky stuff, home screens and apps.

Guest SuperJuice
Ok Great,managed to follow the procedure and loading the GD1 on the phone as well as the WM6... Everything worked perfectly, it took me about 20 min to do the whole thing. Just had to get the Vodacom setting for my phone to enable me to actually use the net. It is faster, connections are more stable and signals are stronger. I have ALOT of free memory left, more than with WM5. LOVE the voice recognition (needs a bit of work though)!

Thx guys your champs...

One more question... Office mobile proffesional for WM6, any idea where I can get it, and also some funky stuff, home screens and apps.

Please could I have those settings. I'm battling to get them from Vodacom.

Guest Ph0enixashes
Please could I have those settings. I'm battling to get them from Vodacom.

I've sent them to you directly, just confirm that you have recieved them.

Samsung they told me that there were no known "bugs" and thats why they haven't deployed WM6 for SA, that was the first time I spoke to them. The second time I phoned Samsung I told them that it was Bullsh*** and then they (samsung) said that they are to scared to roll it out because they are unsure how WM6 will react in SA..... I mean come on lol

Guest Leimener

Can anyone post die version number after applying the WM6? I got my i600 already with WM6 loaded. Not sure if it is a beta version.

i600UXXGG2

Thanks!

Guest Rapier
... i still have problem after restart my phone... the soft keys, and back key is freezing.. who knows about files from startup folder. what about delete_ro ?

I have the same issues as do3in described above. Also from Romania and have Orange as provider. Is there any workaround? Now I have a useless phone ;)

I've noticed that if I start the phone with no SIM inside it will not freeze. I can navigate through all menus and options without problems. Only if I put the Orange SIM inside is doing like this. If doing a "hard" reset (0+UP+PWR), the problem seems to disappear that is, the phone doesn't freeze anymore...till the next reboot (shutdown). Please help if you know any way to solve this.

Many thanks

Edited by Rapier

Guest jbrawo
Hi Martin,

You have this problem because your phone is off.... I don't know why, but when you go into the "Wireless MAnager" and turn off "Phone", the phone becomes off of course... But after we cant turn on!.

I find only one solution to start it again, it is a hard reset. (when your phone is off: up + power, then press 1 and "y").

I also agree with you for replace the boot.

I am also looking with the registry to try connect it with activesync... but actually without success....

If you find something, please tell us here... 4 days already I made this error!!!!

Thanx a lot!

Jafangie.

Sorry for my very bad English!

Hello, have you found solution for relace boot loader from xcingular to original in i600?

Guest quejodio

Hello,

First excuse my bad english.

I have a i600 in Spainwith Vodafone. Some days ago I change to WM6 and now I only can see https in IE because Vodafone Spain doesn't give service with RealMail for WM6 version.

I need the old version of the ROM.

I600BUFL4

I600BUGA2

I600BUGB1

I600BUGC3

I600BUGD2

Can you help me or say to me how I can download one of these ROM?

Tanhks