Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest Ivan Krnic
maybe i meant you - are you using Vista?

maybe, I don't know... It's far too late here in Croatia, and I got lost with the silence of the lambs analogy... Anyway I'm NOT using Vista... and still looking for HELP ... ;)

Guest nipplecrippler

Thanks to your success raverX I decided it was time to upgrade to WM6 ;)

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!

It's a very sexxxxy interface, I can't wait to install tomtom but I need to gran a 2GB microsd card first, seeing as this pda will not work with 4GB <_<

Edited by nipplecrippler

Guest The Great White

Thanks everyone, the instructions are clear but i can't change the country on my phone to anything else then Turkey & Arabic....

Can someone confirm that if I upgrade to xxgd1 then install wm6 following the instructions on page 15, it will work correctly?? BTW i do not care about loosing languages, i only use english....

Any help is appreciated,

Thanx,

TGW

Guest nipplecrippler
Thanks everyone, the instructions are clear but i can't change the country on my phone to anything else then Turkey & Arabic....

Can someone confirm that if I upgrade to xxgd1 then install wm6 following the instructions on page 15, it will work correctly?? BTW i do not care about loosing languages, i only use english....

Any help is appreciated,

Thanx,

TGW

Did you use this -

- type on phone *#1546792*# (or run hidden program in WindowsAdminSettings.exe) to get to admin settings menu

- chose option "Preconfiguration"

- type password: *#81230*#

- select country: (your country of choice)

- select operator: (whatever option)

Guest usamahahmad

I've read the upgrade procedure in detail and will go for the update tonight to WM6. I just need one little clarification, my i600 is unlocked and not branded, and my version is i600JVGC2. Do i need to run the WM5 ROM (XXGD1) first and then the WM6 or can simply the run i600UXX Updater directly?

I've got the modem driver, activesync 4.5 and the i600UXX updater (WM6 ROM)...just update me on the procedure.

Thanks man....you've all been a great help all the way ;)

Guest defektion

Before I updated to Windows Mobile 6. My firmware was GD1... which is the one from Asia I believe.

I flashed it with the European firmware provided on the Wiki. then used the Updated to update to WM6.

I didn't not brick my smartphone at all. and my WM6 works.

The procedure is fairly straight forward.

Guest The Great White
Did you use this -

- type on phone *#1546792*# (or run hidden program in WindowsAdminSettings.exe) to get to admin settings menu

- chose option "Preconfiguration"

- type password: *#81230*#

- select country: (your country of choice)

- select operator: (whatever option)

Yeap, I only see those two options, Turkey and Arab..... So if i flash to european firmware then update to WM6, will this work?? or will i have problems with phone (hardware difference)?

Thanx

I would like to add a bit...

In my case (i600 originally bought from Polish provider Play, later unlocked):

1. update from i600XXGC4 to i600XXGD1 was necessary to start update to WM6.

2. I am running Vista Ultimate, therefore i have installed VirtualBox and WindowsXP - WM5 update worked fine. But WM6 ended at about 40% of downloading 3rd file. Communication timeout... Phone had to be re-flashed with i600XXGD1, now works fine.

I will try to flash it with WM6 again today after work (went to bed at 3 o´clock)...

And this is how it looks in reality:

post-318808-1194257862_thumb.jpg

Hope it helps.

Guest usamahahmad

my XXGD1 update was ok, but my phone has been counting time for the past 15mins...did i do something wrong?

what shoud i do? Please help guys ;) I hope i haven't bricked it :'(

Guest Ivan Krnic
I did download the unbranded wm5 version from the exact same location however, the main problem still exists. I have an active sync connection (and I have killed the USB conn) I installed the drivers and put the device into bootloade mode, however when I try to flash it says that I need to choose the image file, and there is no image file and no possible way for me to select it even if it existed...

I did browse through this thread (not very carefully though) but I did not see that anyone has the same problem...

No one has the problem where the update says "Please select an image to download" ;)

my XXGD1 update was ok, but my phone has been counting time for the past 15mins...did i do something wrong?

what shoud i do? Please help guys :( I hope i haven't bricked it :'(

After XXGD1 when the time started to run, I waited to get COM3 message and disconnected the phone, but my WM6 wont finish. I would like to know that madrfakr who has made this update.

3 file downloaded, time running and no "Update finished" message - only Please wait for next file...

UPDATE

well, I have disconnected the phone anyway. It looked like something wrong, because the first start was like 5 minutes long but it WORKS

So, update on Vista via VirtualBox from WM5 XXGC4 to XXGD1 and finally to WM6 is possible ;)

Edited by Atlis

Guest usamahahmad

Well after waiting for 30mins, and the time counting never finished, i disconnected the USB and removed the battery. Stared up the phone and it was all ok, phone had been reflashed but some odd reason the time counting didn't finish.

I changed the preconfiguration as decribed in the tutorial, and ran the WM6 firmware. All went well, phone is upgraded to WM6, however i still feel that the WM5 ROM was a little faster. Dunno why my i600 seems to lag a bit when opening folders (settings, utilities, organizer etc).

Anyone have such lagging issues? ;)

Guest wooikok

hi....got mine upgraded to wm6 from my phone distributor...as my phone was still under warranty by the local dsitributor

software versions...

PDA/Phone/EBoot versions : i600UDXGH4

WM 6 Standard ( CE OS 5.2.1437 (build 17944.0.3.1))

missing...

1.Card Wheel

2.Office Mobile 6...but has Piscel viewer....

any idea how to get Card Wheel app into my home screen...

thanks...

Guest czankzoli

Hi everybody,

I have succesfully upgraded my i600. After a week I realised, that I can not red the my new sms-s, jut those which are on the simcard. I can not even reply for the new ones! Somebody please help me!

@wooikok:

for Card wheel go to Start -> Settings -> Display -> Home Screen -> Home screen layout. And it should be there. I have never had Office Mobile in my i600, always Picsel (XXGC4, XXGD1 and UXXGG2).

@czankzoli: Szia baratom, re-flash ;)

Guest czankzoli
@wooikok:

for Card wheel go to Start -> Settings -> Display -> Home Screen -> Home screen layout. And it should be there. I have never had Office Mobile in my i600, always Picsel (XXGC4, XXGD1 and UXXGG2).

@czankzoli: Szia baratom, re-flash :(

Szia!

Kár, hogy nekem nem tudsz segíteni...

Találkoztál ezzel a problémával magyar fórumon?

????

;)

:( sorry my friend, I more or less understood what you have said, my ex-wife was slovak/hungarian, she teached me a bit of hungarian, but lets keep our conversation in english ;)

Is your i600 somehow branded? It can be your problem. If not, try to re-flash it.

Guest wooikok
@wooikok:

hi,Altis...ya Piscel been there never Office Mobile...

for my upgrade ROM it didn't come with Card wheel...think left out by Samsung(Malaysia)and the phone distributor.

so in Display>Home Screen...there is no option for card wheel....

so now trying a way to get the card wheel back/installed but not change the ROM..

mine is i600UUDXGH4(from Malaysia/Asian ROM)

wonder if u could search in ur i600 (upgraded European ver) whether any changes in the files in \Windows flder and \Application Data\Home folder for the card wheel

i have uploaded a .rar that was extracted from a i600(wm5 or m6)...any difference?

if yes please do upload ur updated files...maybe i just dump/install/copy over to my i600 to the proper folder...the card wheel can work...

CarouselFiles.rar

I keep on getting Incorrect software version. Please help

you have not read the instructions correctly..

either

a) you haven't updated to the unbranded WM5 version

and/or

;) you haven't entered in the admin menu and changed your country to norway (*#15......)

THis wont' enable the phone to conect to a wireless router will it?

if your fone didn't have WiFi capabilities when you bought it, it's not an i600.. it's probably the i601, i607, etc which don't do WiFi and this ROM will brick your fone..