Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest netfreak

Guys, Hello!

I have bought the device and really happy with it. Plus I've installed Fring and I am even more happy. But there's one thing BAD -

Outlook messages only in phone memory - #@#@$ - you know what I mean.

I know that's there's a hack which allows to have outlook kept on storage card, can anybody share the secret of how it is done?

Thanks in advance

For everybody asking where they can download WM5-GD1

http://rapidshare.com/files/29071310/i600XXGD1.rar

I do not know if posting links to files are allowed in this forum but here it is.

Admins, please delete if unacceptable.

I am using a spanish version of i600. I wanna know if I can flash this rom to my device?

I don't like spanish wm5 as I cant type comma and when I type, it shows spanish keywords instead of english.... can i change it to english rom?

Guest quejodio

wich is your version?

Do you have a Vodafone ROM? Then could you send me the ROM?

Thanks

I am using a spanish version of i600. I wanna know if I can flash this rom to my device?

I don't like spanish wm5 as I cant type comma and when I type, it shows spanish keywords instead of english.... can i change it to english rom?

wich is your version?

Do you have a Vodafone ROM? Then could you send me the ROM?

Thanks

No, I dont think so. There is no applications or service inside the phone that is related to Vodafone

Just noticed that the UK flag has disappeared form the update page. Maybe it not coming to the UK after all?

Same for Czech Republic. I feel kinda disappointed. I was really looking forward to WM6 on my i600.

Yes, surprising! But after all, in what would a specific UK or Czek update be different from the other ones already posted?

Dunno, i expected it to be already localized to my language, otherwise I have to buy localization separately...

Guest 0reboot0
Please could I have those settings. I'm battling to get them from Vodacom.

a vodacom shop wanted to charged me for it, so i just lotld them to shuff it and got it from samsung

Edited by 0reboot0

Guest vikingboy

Updated my i600 to v6 thanks to this thread. Seems like a very positive upgrade so thanks for all your work guys.

One question and Im not sure if anyone has spotted this. I installed the IBM Java app so I could run Opera Mini but both v3 and v4 fail to respond to the left and right buttons which bring up the MENU and STOP. You can see the grey bar at the bottom highlight when you press the buttons but it doesnt trigger the pop up menu. This seems to be the only fault I can find so far so any help would be very gratefully received.

Im using IBM MIDP 2.0 version 2.3 build 20061109_1110

with

Opera Mini v3.1 and v4.0 beta

thanks for all your help guys - this is a great handset.

Guest Ph0enixashes

Hi Guys,

Ok I need help here, since I can't roll back to WM5. I have installed WM6 and it works GREAT... One little glitch I can't use internet sharing with my laptop anymore. Bluetooth or USB cable, it connects and creates a Network connection the works. Open a browser and nothing..... Now I tried to ping sites and trace routes but nothing, almost like it's not resolving. Browsing on the phone works perfectly...

Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Thx

Guest Tomas Kocanda
Same for Czech Republic. I feel kinda disappointed. I was really looking forward to WM6 on my i600.

You don´t need to wait until Czech or UK version will appear. If will appear..

Upgraded WM5 to WM6 yesterday and it works without any problems. Synchronise everything as phone will be empty after the process.

1) upgrade to latest WM5 first (step by step instructions are earlier in this thread). I started with i600..GG version I think.

2) download WM6 version for Sweden, switch phone to NL, details earlier in the thread. It works exactly as described. It was done in 10 minutes.

3) switch phone preferences (same *#...) again to Czech and operator from menu (in my case O2), then it will again delete everything

Works just fine for me.

Tomas

Guest X-Ray A4T
Hi Guys,

Ok I need help here, since I can't roll back to WM5. I have installed WM6 and it works GREAT... One little glitch I can't use internet sharing with my laptop anymore. Bluetooth or USB cable, it connects and creates a Network connection the works. Open a browser and nothing..... Now I tried to ping sites and trace routes but nothing, almost like it's not resolving. Browsing on the phone works perfectly...

Does anyone know how I can fix this.

Thx

Just to confirm, are you trying to browse the internet from your laptop via internet sharing on the phone's 3G connection or browse the internet from your phone via the laptop's internet connection? I have been able to browse the internet from my laptop via my phones 3G connection using internet sharing on WM6. In fact I needed to do it to set-up a prepaid ADSL connection after Telkom hardcapped me!

Guest Ph0enixashes
Just to confirm, are you trying to browse the internet from your laptop via internet sharing on the phone's 3G connection or browse the internet from your phone via the laptop's internet connection? I have been able to browse the internet from my laptop via my phones 3G connection using internet sharing on WM6. In fact I needed to do it to set-up a prepaid ADSL connection after Telkom hardcapped me!

Yes exactly, like I said... When I open IE on the phone, it works. But when I try to do it via te laptop (Using the phones 3G/HSDPA), nothing happens, since I have installed WM6. Really I don't know what to do here. It picks up the phone, created the Network connection and thats it. Can't browse, nothing. I have reinstalled MS Active Sync, phone drivers, the works! I wonder if it isn't a DNS resolution prob somewhere between the laptop and phone....

Guest X-Ray A4T
Yes exactly, like I said... When I open IE on the phone, it works. But when I try to do it via te laptop (Using the phones 3G/HSDPA), nothing happens, since I have installed WM6. Really I don't know what to do here. It picks up the phone, created the Network connection and thats it. Can't browse, nothing. I have reinstalled MS Active Sync, phone drivers, the works! I wonder if it isn't a DNS resolution prob somewhere between the laptop and phone....

I plug in my cable and turn on USB connection sharing and it connects fine. I get assigned an IP by the phone and I can connect to the internet. The only thing I can think is that either it is a GPRS setting issue, is you GPRS set to connect to internet, or a windows firewall issue, or you have another connection to your laptop that is interfering.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Windows Mobile-based Internet Sharing Device #2

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : ??-??-??-??-??

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.102

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 05 September 2007 01:42:59 PM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 08 September 2007 01:42:59 PM

C:\>ping www.vodacom.co.za

Pinging www.vodacom.co.za [168.210.128.126] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 168.210.128.126: bytes=32 time=1133ms TTL=56

Request timed out.

Reply from 168.210.128.126: bytes=32 time=95ms TTL=56

Reply from 168.210.128.126: bytes=32 time=102ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 168.210.128.126:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 95ms, Maximum = 1133ms, Average = 443ms

Guest Ph0enixashes
I plug in my cable and turn on USB connection sharing and it connects fine. I get assigned an IP by the phone and I can connect to the internet. The only thing I can think is that either it is a GPRS setting issue, is you GPRS set to connect to internet, or a windows firewall issue, or you have another connection to your laptop that is interfering.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Windows Mobile-based Internet Sharing Device #2

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : ??-??-??-??-??

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.102

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 05 September 2007 01:42:59 PM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 08 September 2007 01:42:59 PM

C:\>ping www.vodacom.co.za

Pinging www.vodacom.co.za [168.210.128.126] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 168.210.128.126: bytes=32 time=1133ms TTL=56

Request timed out.

Reply from 168.210.128.126: bytes=32 time=95ms TTL=56

Reply from 168.210.128.126: bytes=32 time=102ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 168.210.128.126:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 95ms, Maximum = 1133ms, Average = 443ms

I'll have a look tonight, i did however take a look at my settings and it looks ok, GPRS connects to The Internet, access point : internet, user and pass: blank, Authentication: none, DNS 0.0.0.0, Ip: blank. Internet on the phone works fine....

Guest nasco3d

Hi Nigel. This is Nasco writing.

I have the i600 and i am in South SAfrica. I am strugling to change to an European counntry. It gives me african countries and a default. How did you manage to overcome this?

;)

when upgrading the XX version, i mean

Edited by nasco3d

Guest X-Ray A4T
Hi Nigel. This is Nasco writing.

I have the i600 and i am in South SAfrica. I am strugling to change to an European counntry. It gives me african countries and a default. How did you manage to overcome this?

;)

when upgrading the XX version, i mean

Go back through the post, you will see you have to "upgrade" to the European WM5 firmware first, then you will be able to select a euro country and then upgrade to WM6