Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

HELP!

The GD1_REV15 program when I click start displays a dialog box that just says "Select image to download" and only has an "okay" button. CLicking the button doesn't do anything other than close the dialog box.

I've noticed others here and elsewhere have experienced the same problem but searching (here and Google) doesn't seem to show any solutions.

I have the same issue: i600XXGD1_REV15.exe says 'Select image to download' when I try to use it.

Did anyone find the cause (or better: solution) to this??

Guest smitty1956

I am ordering a serial cable to help with this sgh-i607. I hope what I get will work adn I will pass on any info that happens. Anyone out there ever get one back from the dead?

BEST!

It's wonderfull to see in this thread how many non-netherlands people manage to upgrade their i600 to WM6, by temporarily switching their device to Netherlands...... :(

However, I'm in the netherlands, and for me it does not work............. ;)

Here are my issues:

The good:

- started off with an i600 from Dutch provider KPN, running i600ASGD1 firmware. This is a firmware code that is not supported by the samsung-download side.

Both Samsung and KPN for months now are giving the message 'we're working on it', but point to eachother for the responsibility...........

I filed a formal complaint, but hopes are low...

- I managed now, through the various posts on this forum, to get hold of i600XXGC6, and flashed that onto my i600 without problem. Don't know whether there are any

functional setbacks from GD1 to GC6, but as yet have not found them, so no problem. The device is still alive.....

The bad:

For the next step (moving on to WM6), I do seem to get stuck in each direction I try:

a. i600XXGC6 is accepted by the Samsung site as valid code, but the i600UXXupdater still refuses, claiming 'invalid software version'. The trick of un- and re-plugging USB

does not seem to help.

b. I tried flashing with the 3 separate i600UXXGG2 images (EBOOT, PDA and PHONE) also found here.

The flash actually works fine, but this leaves me with a device that does not boot beyond 'The Ultra Messaging' screen....

So flashed back to i600XXGC6 for the moment.

The ugly:

Is there any way to get further?? I seem to be getting stuck at the following alternatives:

- moving to i600XXGD1 first: i have the problem mentioned above (1 or 2 posts back) that the i600XXGD1_REV15.exe claims 'select image to download', but gives nothing to select... It seems it does not find the binaries probably contained in itself.

====> Is there anyone that can provide or point to the 3 separate binaries, EBOOT, PDA and PHONE of XXGD1????

- Most of the reported succesfull upgrades on this site, refer to switching to Netherlands before running the upgrade.

I AM IN THE NETHERLANDS, and it does not work for me. (and indeed, switching my phone to another country does not work either)

====> Is there anyone who has a clue what can be the cause of this..??

- IN the solution given by Hepics, there is mentioned that there are 2 EBOOT images in the updater.

====> What tools are available to extract binaries from an executable, so I could try this myself????

Hope someone is able to answer at least one of these questions to get me going.....

Edited by yo-1

Guest wooikok
a very big thanks to panateo, i follow his method and its very easy, im from philippines and i have samsung sgh i600 with WM6 upgrade ;) :( :D

hi i just got myself a i600 too but with wm5 and firmware i600DXGD1...is ur firmware that too?....

mind sharing what ur prevous version of firmware is and what steps u took to successfully upgrade to WM6?

thanks...

Guest gavinfabl
hi i just got myself a i600 too but with wm5 and firmware i600DXGD1...is ur firmware that too?....

mind sharing what ur prevous version of firmware is and what steps u took to successfully upgrade to WM6?

thanks...

With that firmware, just download wm6 files from Samsungs website and install. Unless your country's flag is not listed then follow XIPPON instructions on page 15.

Guest wooikok
With that firmware, just download wm6 files from Samsungs website and install. Unless your country's flag is not listed then follow XIPPON instructions on page 15.

ya..my country flag is not included in the samsung website bu i am using English(UK or US)...a bit worried about using xippon's instruction though...will see how...thanks... ;)

Guest gavinfabl

Does anyone know how to get out of Bootloader?

It is looping everytime I try to hard reset or just reset. That is a hard reset goes to formatting message , but then goes into bootloader mode.

Guest nipplecrippler

= 4 things =

1. Hi ;)

2. What is the maximum known size microsd card that'll work with i600?

3. I can't see a Samsung link that'll tell me if my phone will soon have WM6 update, could someone please post a link?

Although I'm from Australia I think my phone is from Spain :( So how can I tell? Where to find firmware info?

This is my first pda and am still very new to it, although I am very pc savvy.

4.Thanks

Guest anubis19478

This may have already been answeard and I'm sorry for asking.

I have the SGH-i600 Asian version and by mistake upgraded the device to the i607 (Blackjack) ROM.

Out of the event I now have a phone that is a expensice brick.

Please if there is anyone that knows of how I am able to fix this stupid mistake I made I would

be most greatfull.

My Bootloads now say Xcingular v1.2

I do have the USB cable aswell as the Serial cable to connect it to the computer.

I just need the software and or instuctions as to fix it so that it will work once again.

Other then that I'll havve to send it in to Samsung to get it fixed by them and I found out that it's

going to be very expensive.

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get my phone to work once I again I will be most greatfull.

Guest nipplecrippler
This may have already been answeard and I'm sorry for asking.

I have the SGH-i600 Asian version and by mistake upgraded the device to the i607 (Blackjack) ROM.

Out of the event I now have a phone that is a expensice brick.

Please if there is anyone that knows of how I am able to fix this stupid mistake I made I would

be most greatfull.

What to do if my phone is a brick by flashing with wrong rom?

Solution: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=823872

Best luck ;)

Guest nipplecrippler
That link seems to no longer work ;)

Thanks though.

Yes I just saw that <_<

Here's the page link to the person who posted that link. He/she seems very knowledgeable maybe send them a personal message?

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/253760/...here/page/280/#

At the bottom of this Post #286 link you'll see where he said go here if phone is bricked. Best luck friend.

Edited by nipplecrippler

Guest Ivan Krnic

Hi everyone...

I need a bit of help with flashing my i600 (BUGC3, Vodafone firmware) to a new wm6. I tried to use xippon's method but when I try to flash the first time the upgrader says that I should choose the image file... (from where? how? there's nothing like that in the instructions...)

tks a bunch

P.S. That thing to go into adminsetting (*#...) does not work for me...

Edited by Ivan Krnic

Thanks to all those who have helped document this process.. ;)

I was able to go from a Spanish (?) Vodafone i600BUGB1 WM5 i600 to the WM6 upgrade...

unfortunately I've noticed after the upgrade, i switched the location to "Default" (using the admin *#.....*# sequence) and now my keyboard (which appears to be a european style) no longer maps correctly to what is marked on the keys

ie:

under the original rom - Fn+# brought up the symbols page, this now brings up a ","

although I am in Australia and this is a desired effect, having the Symbols page was more handy..

can anyone advise how I can change the keyboard layout of WM6 to match the actual keys of my device?

Hi everyone...

I need a bit of help with flashing my i600 (BUGC3, Vodafone firmware) to a new wm6. I tried to use xippon's method but when I try to flash the first time the upgrader says that I should choose the image file... (from where? how? there's nothing like that in the instructions...)

tks a bunch

P.S. That thing to go into adminsetting (*#...) does not work for me...

I have (had) BUGB1 so the *# admin mode didn't work for me either,

Download the 'unbranded' WM5 from here: http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Samsung_i600

Then put your device into Bootloader mode (as documented).. flash with that ROM (make sure modem driver is installed)

once you have done, admin mode will work, you can change the country and then install the official rom.. ;)

(this is all mentioned in this thread, but it's about page 24 :()

Guest Ivan Krnic
I have (had) BUGB1 so the *# admin mode didn't work for me either,

Download the 'unbranded' WM5 from here: http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Samsung_i600

Then put your device into Bootloader mode (as documented).. flash with that ROM (make sure modem driver is installed)

once you have done, admin mode will work, you can change the country and then install the official rom.. ;)

I did download the unbranded wm5 version from the exact same location however, the main problem still exists. I have an active sync connection (and I have killed the USB conn) I installed the drivers and put the device into bootloade mode, however when I try to flash it says that I need to choose the image file, and there is no image file and no possible way for me to select it even if it existed...

I did browse through this thread (not very carefully though) but I did not see that anyone has the same problem...

hello

I have a great problem.

When I have updated my i600 to WM6 he has remained an unemployed person. I have had to extinguish and when I have ignited alone there goes out for me the screen of beginning of Samsung:

The Ultra messaging.

And of there it(he,she) does not move.

It(He,She) does not synchronize me with the activeSync. I have followed(continued) all the steps correctly.

I enter in boot loader and neither it(he,she) synchronizes

Since I can synchronize and install a new firmware?

IT HELPS PLEASE ;)

Edited by luili

Guest nipplecrippler
Thanks to all those who have helped document this process.. :D

I was able to go from a Spanish (?) Vodafone i600BUGB1 WM5 i600 to the WM6 upgrade...

although I am in Australia ..

Hmmm....in Australia and have the Spanish Vodafone i600BUGB1 ;)

You must have bought your phone from regis169 too :) :( Just like me heh

I am not updating until we get official version, although I desperately want to so I can throw tomtom6 onto it. grrrr....

You sound like that sicko from that movie Silence of The Lambs ;)

"It rubs the oil on it's body now" lol

Pardon, but my Englishman is bad(wrong).

I have not managed to make work to i600.

It is possible to connect i6oo to the USB with algun program and put it in way boot loader, com luck podria to fix up.

If they can help me please

Pardon, but my Englishman is bad(wrong).

I have not managed to make work to i600.

It is possible to connect i6oo to the USB with algun program and put it in way boot loader, com luck podria to fix up.

If they can help me please

the post here: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/253760/...80/#entry835147

tells you everything exactly step by step..

edit: i've just realised (after re-reading) what your problem is.. you CAN NOT use Vista.. re-read that step through guide.. grab the unbranded WM5 ROM from http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Samsung_i600

Edited by raverX

I did download the unbranded wm5 version from the exact same location however, the main problem still exists. I have an active sync connection (and I have killed the USB conn) I installed the drivers and put the device into bootloade mode, however when I try to flash it says that I need to choose the image file, and there is no image file and no possible way for me to select it even if it existed...

I did browse through this thread (not very carefully though) but I did not see that anyone has the same problem...

maybe i meant you - are you using Vista?

the post here: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/253760/...80/#entry835147

tells you everything exactly step by step..

edit: i've just realised (after re-reading) what your problem is.. you CAN NOT use Vista.. re-read that step through guide.. grab the unbranded WM5 ROM from http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Samsung_i600

raverX

GREAT, Great, thank you very much for your help

GREAT, Great, thank you very much for your help