Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest longjob

<_<

After XXGD1 when the time started to run, I waited to get COM3 message and disconnected the phone, but my WM6 wont finish. I would like to know that madrfakr who has made this update.

3 file downloaded, time running and no "Update finished" message - only Please wait for next file...

UPDATE

well, I have disconnected the phone anyway. It looked like something wrong, because the first start was like 5 minutes long but it WORKS

So, update on Vista via VirtualBox from WM5 XXGC4 to XXGD1 and finally to WM6 is possible ;)

I'm also using Vista and Virtualbox but can't get past boot on the I600. Modem installed. Plugged into USB, phone recognised by ActiveSync, USB then disabled. Boot and after count down I see message on phone that pc communication has failed. Is this due to modem problem?

Guest longjob
Well, if the update starts, do not touch the computer at all, I´ve had this problem, when I continued working on the PC during update.

Stupidity on my part! Upgrade done on Vista using virtualbox! Flashed my colleagues as well; all done in 20 minutes.

i600DXGC2 version is for Singapore.

I bought my blackjack(SGH-i600) from there.

And now, I upgrade mine to WM6 European version with "i600UXXupdater" for Sweden.

Updating is OK. But, I cannot use mine as a phone because it cannot recongize Korean Opreator(SKTelecom).

Bye,

How did you do that? I also have GC2.... when I try to install GD1 Firmware updater I get a message (when pressing Start) "please choose the image you want to download", and I have nowhere to go to choose anything.... when I try to use directly the "i600UXXupdater" I get the "incorrect software version" message....

Any trick?

Guest cooliorodeo
all done..

I now have WM6

it seems a bit slower to me though :(

Hey there how did you manage to upgrade to WM6?

I too have the Samsung i600 version i600JVGE2 - downloaded the upgrade, installed the mode driver, etc. but it keeps giving invalid software version error.

I'm really struggling with this - could you please share your "secret" ;)

thanks a ton!

Guest craig.ripper
Anyone has the update regarding the WM6 firmware on Asian carriers? Is it compatible? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the rom update updates the radio rom as well as I am in South Africa and have update my wizard to WM6 just worried if I update it it will not pic up network again, where can i get the rom for WM5 just in case

Thanks

Craig

Guest mrlonely78

guys;

i've managed to upgrade to wm6 for my samsung sgh-i600 using this guide.

thanks for that.

now, my question is, i try to use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing), but failed.

anyone manage to make ICS working on wm6?

Thanks.

Guest cooliorodeo
guys;

i've managed to upgrade to wm6 for my samsung sgh-i600 using this guide.

thanks for that.

now, my question is, i try to use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing), but failed.

anyone manage to make ICS working on wm6?

Thanks.

How did you manage to do this? Could you please share some information? I'm really struggling for months together! Thanks a ton!

Guest mrlonely78
How did you manage to do this? Could you please share some information? I'm really struggling for months together! Thanks a ton!

bro,

please find @panateo instruction in this same threads.

The @panateo instruction works like a charm.

Thanks.

Guest _Mairo_
Well after waiting for 30mins, and the time counting never finished, i disconnected the USB and removed the battery. Stared up the phone and it was all ok, phone had been reflashed but some odd reason the time counting didn't finish.

I changed the preconfiguration as decribed in the tutorial, and ran the WM6 firmware. All went well, phone is upgraded to WM6, however i still feel that the WM5 ROM was a little faster. Dunno why my i600 seems to lag a bit when opening folders (settings, utilities, organizer etc).

Anyone have such lagging issues? :(

My friends

I got same problems like this. Then i changed the precon. (default - default). i ran i600uxxupdater.exe. I couldn't check the third one like tutorial. Then i unpluged the cable and pluged again. But i got the same warning "incorrect version check the device". It's interesting but my device is working normal. What will i do from now. can anybody tell me something? Is it a half upgrade or update. Will i have problems? Pls pls pls help me!!!!!

ehehhehee i solved my problems. and finised it :D

Edited by _Mairo_

Guest thinhht

Hey ebuddies,

I'm using i600 with WM 6 version UXXGG2 (EU Version).

How can I upgrade my hander to WM 6 Asian Version ( Vietnam incl.)

Please advice and provide link to download the ROM if any

Many thanks

T

Guest visquex

alrriteee... im from singapore and my samsung i600 is upgraded to i600uxxgg2.

Koolz... card wheel is there, windows live is there, msn is there, windows update is there,voice assist is there, internet sharing is also there,..

Also i have on my own, installed java (can play games ; ),windows mobile office 6,wm6 remote desktop(which is only available in wm6 pro) and OC my phone from 220mhz to 252mhz...and other kool shitz...

i have to say, its beautiful...maybe i can personally help those from singapore having problems upgrading : )

Samsung good job with the phone!

I am a SAMSUNG FANATIC

Guest visquex

ok..back again...

manage to OC it to 264Mhz, and thats the highest i can go on it... 276Mhz becomes very unstable and crashes and hangs after a while..

tcpmp reports the speed very differently though, at default 220Mhz, tcpmp reported 190Mhz...30Mhz down...so now at 264Mhz, tcpmp reports 230Mhz,

nvm that..performance is very obviously super slick...loving it...

ok weird problems that i hope the future firmwares might solve.... sometimes, unable to pick up incoming calls, though i keep pressing on the green button or the answer key...happened abt a once or twice..

also when u answer an incoming call, u answer it, u get connected, but u cant hear the other party, the other party hears u, but u cant hear them...happened once or twice or thrice...

but other than this, everything else is A+ Perfecto on this phone....

Guest crimsonakatsuki

huy,

i want to buy a samsung i600,and one of the reasons that makes me want to do this is the possibility to upgrade it to windows mobile 6.

so i did read a lot of this blog,but to be frank i don't understand a single thing,there's lots of version numbers,drivers,roms,flashings,etc...

so can anybody be kind enough to explain these stuff for me?any help will be appriciated...

one more thing,is this update only an update for some features of wmp 5 or a clean,full upgrade to wmp 6 with all the new features of wmp 6?

i live in egypt,my mobile operator is mobinil (but of course i want the wmp 6 in english),is this upgrade possible for me?and if so then how?what worries me is that i opened the samsung upgrade page,it's said that this upgrade is for the non-sim phones (or something like that).

sorry for asking too many questions,but this is a really important matter to me...

• 4 weeks later...
I upgraded from Vodacom too, but it makes no difference as the Admin settings password allows you to change the phone network settings anyway. The only thing is because the phone ends up as a European WM6 version there are no MTN/Vodacom settings so you will have to set up the GPRS etc manually.

Howzit.My name is Thato and from South Africa and have been trying to get the xxgd1.I need that file guys as i cant get it from rapidshare nor megaupload.I live in Roodepoort Lindhaven and would come to anywhere you are just to get that file so i can upgrade.Plz reply dudes

• 3 weeks later...
Guest biomass

Hello people!

I seem to have joined the "brick-club", though I still don't think it's entirely my fault. For some reason I couldn't send any sms-s from one day to the next, so I figured I'd check samsung's site to see if they have any firmware upgrades available. Believe it or not, I found the 607 firmware listed under the 600 phone on the Hungarian Samsung site. Being the stupid f.ck that I am, I thought the two phones must be compatible enough so the firmware might be the same. You can guess the rest. I upgraded as per instructions - the program_never_complained that I got the wrong version - and now when I try to turn it on, it shows the wm6 startup, then starts vibrating (loong vibe - if I were female I might actually appreciate it) then switches off. Then I read some of this forum, and would have tried to flash with i600 firmware, except windows doesnt see the phone anymore. Is it really done for? I've only had it for like 4 months :) and they really_shouldn't_have_listed 607 firmware for this phone

Help? Anyone?

Guest BarnRacoon

Hi,

I have upgraded my phone and all is well - just one problem in that my softkeys stop working sometimes. If i then pull out the battery and keep doing this it works after a while - until such time as I have to reboot my phone then it happens again. Sometimes just one "hard reboot" will fix it, other times I have to do it 20-30 times before it works.

Any ideas? Samsung are stupid shits for releasing an update that does this...

Thanks

Ian

P.S. Can anyone else get windows update to work? I have tried using wireless, 3g and usb cable and it never connects, something im missing perhaps ?

Guest alecspyrou
alrriteee... im from singapore and my samsung i600 is upgraded to i600uxxgg2.

Koolz... card wheel is there, windows live is there, msn is there, windows update is there,voice assist is there, internet sharing is also there,..

Also i have on my own, installed java (can play games ; ),windows mobile office 6,wm6 remote desktop(which is only available in wm6 pro) and OC my phone from 220mhz to 252mhz...and other kool shitz...

i have to say, its beautiful...maybe i can personally help those from singapore having problems upgrading : )

Samsung good job with the phone!

I am a SAMSUNG FANATIC

Thanks for the offer :-) I also have the i600DXGC2 version .....

I have the i600UXXupdater.exe from the Samsung site site http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/i600/index.jsp

but when I try to upgrade it also says "incorrect version"

I downloaded and installed the updated modem driver from the Samsung site above

However as the site does does not have the Singapore flag I chose the English flag and as it did not accept my version of device I chose version shown on the example screenshot on that site http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/i600/uk/version.jsp

I am based in Australia. Please help.

Guest alecspyrou

Hey folks I have tried everywhere and read lots everywhere but am stuck and hope you can help me.

I have a Blackjack i600 purchased the phone which appears to be an Asia region phone (English language).

My PDA version is i600DXGC2

I live in Australia and the phone had Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Default etc listed in the admin preconfiguration menu

I tried to download the update from the official Samsung site (see 1st URL below) using the english flag and entered my PDA version number but it is not accepted??

I then used the access codes to set to my country to default on the phone. This now lists my correct Telephony providers (I think default uses the SIM).

I tried the update from the samsung site again and it still does not accept my code?

http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/i600/index.jsp

I then used the pda version they show in the link below

http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/i600/uk/version.jsp

This successfully downloaded i600UxxUpdater.exe but when I try to update my phone it sayw "WRONG VERSION"

I am running Activesync 4.5 and I downloaded the updated modem driver also

PLEASE HELP

Hello to All;

I NEED HELP!

i flash a sgh-i601 with WM5 but il seems that the ROM was designed for sgh-i600 only. now i can't load camera, connect to pc via active sync. i havre tried to install samsung driver. but it not work until in "AdminsSetting/Internal" i discover the punkt "enable external modem". i enable it and my PC reconnize the phone. it seems like the link is working but the problems of connection with active synch remains. even trying to reflash the phone is unsucessful. i want toi know inf i can format the rom so i can installe the appropriate one

here is my configuration:

PDA version: i600XXGA2

Tel version: i601DVGC2

Eboot : i600XXGA2

radio version: i601DVGC2

RIL version: 2.002

SW Version : iDVGC2

FTA SW Version: i601.001

Thanks to All

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest wmfreak
Hello guys, great job here. I have a I600 from Orange Romania. My version is I600BVGD2. Can i try to update tu WM6? Thanks.

Edited -- i DID it.. http://www.modaco.com/Samsung-SGH-i600-Fir...tml&st=280#

and... is working. thanks guys.

I'm using a branded locked Romanian Orange somasung i600 too. Did you have to first CID and aplication unlock the phone or did you do