Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest galinha
what you mean by that?

I mean that we all have a brick now ! :rolleyes:

There is no solution... i think ....the solution is change the board that costs usd 300.

Can someone please share the Windows Mobile 6 (crossbow) ROM for Samsung SGH-i600 (not Cingular Blackjack)? If you have the rapidshare link, please send me a private message. Thanks!

Plus anybody tried the WM6 ROM on the i600 yet? How is it? Stableness? Bugs? Thanks all in advance...

Guest chucky.egg

If you read the previous few posts you'll see they are from people who have put the I607 WM6 ROM on their devices, and by the looks of it have killed their phones.

I'd advise waiting until there's an official release if I was you

Guest orcinus
If you read the previous few posts you'll see they are from people who have put the I607 WM6 ROM on their devices, and by the looks of it have killed their phones.

Actually, there's a WM6 update for i600 floating around as well. Haven't seen it personally, but it's allegedly a very early, buggy release and is not worth flashing.

Actually, there's a WM6 update for i600 floating around as well. Haven't seen it personally, but it's allegedly a very early, buggy release and is not worth flashing.

winVista on GSMhosting has it but I couldn't find the link anywhere. I hope to add the Windows Mobile 6 onto my i600, that's currently running XXGD1 right now.

Guest galinha

Thats true ...i have killed mine.

Thats true ...i have killed mine.

That's only because you flashed your i600 with i607 (Blackjack) firmware. They're not even the same phone. Your story is not even the same case.

What some of us is looking for is the floating copy (winVista of GSMhosting.com has it) of the Windows Mobile 6 Crossbow beta/pre-final ROM specifically for SGH-i600, not for i607 Blackjack.

Guest vasylek
I can't believe people have flashed i600's with the i607 ROM.

I also can't. Is it possible ( to flash i600/i607 )? Maybe someone wats to scare us because we play with barely legal software or sth?

Plese notice that those who have "bricked" their telephones have very few posts. But if I am wrong please correct me.

V

Guest Mizzle

I think the main reason is that there seems to be a WM6 ROM available for the i607. The guys who bricked their phone seem pretty desperate to me, you see their cries for help on all the fora.

Guest mirashizu

I have GC6 in my unbranded Samsung sgh-i600 (not i607 Blackjack or any other such variations of the model). Is it worth flashing GD1, that was mentioned here, which can be downloaded from rapidshare? Which one of the two is newer, which one is better? What are the differences between GC6 and GD1?

And is there any way to somehow save the firmware I have right now before flashing the new one?

Edited by mirashizu

Guest Little Bee
i try this method already it doesn't work. but anyway Wong here the pinout that you need . i message you already but here incase if anybody want it

http://rapidshare.com/files/36816717/PArt_...600-PDIAG-9.pdf

Hi Toanhung,

Thank you for sharing the pinout. Would you please advise which JTAG cable and software are you using? I have built my own Wiggler parallel port cable and tested with OpenOCD software. However, there is no response from my i600 even I have pulled-up either TMS or TCK. Accidentally, I found that the i600 would NOT automatic power off if I pulled-up TMS so that I can run some program from the MicroSD card. But there is NO radio at all and NO USB can be connected.

Is there any software like SSPL to load firmware / bootloader from Windows Mobile 6 OS?

Thanks,

Martin Wong

Guest Ed van den Enden
I've download a new update rom for my Samsung SGH-i600, but, there is a problem: how can i activate device's reflashing mode???

New update rom is a file.exe that explain this message:

1. Connect your device to PC using the cable.

2. turn on the device with reflashing mode.

3. please click start button if device found.

I try to search instruction over internet, but i find nothing!!!

Can someone help me, please???

Many regards

HumaX

Hi there,

I, am a dutch user with a Belgium Proximus sim card. It's a real disaster, no sms, no gprs, only the phone is working.

The i600 stay's on looking to Dutch providers and they are fixt it looks like.

I, am looking around all over the place but I can't find any firmware upgrade for my SGH-i600

Can somebody tell me where to find this firmware?

Regards, Ed

Guest toanhung
Hi Toanhung,

Thank you for sharing the pinout. Would you please advise which JTAG cable and software are you using? I have built my own Wiggler parallel port cable and tested with OpenOCD software. However, there is no response from my i600 even I have pulled-up either TMS or TCK. Accidentally, I found that the i600 would NOT automatic power off if I pulled-up TMS so that I can run some program from the MicroSD card. But there is NO radio at all and NO USB can be connected.

Is there any software like SSPL to load firmware / bootloader from Windows Mobile 6 OS?

Thanks,

Martin Wong

Ni hao

I couldn't do anything further because I have the i607 couldn't find the schematic for the i607 they have different pin out the Jtag point is different location the the i600 board.. Still looking for the I607 schematic

Guest Ed van den Enden

:) Dear all. I have both my SGH-i600 in The Netherlands, simlock free. But I, am using a SIM card from the Belgium provider "Proximus" (vodafone) Surprice ............ Samsung is using a country lock. There is no way you get this thing working. It stay's refering to the Dutch Providers. The only thing I can do with this smartphone is having a nice talk. (the phone is working) Proximus can't help me. It's Samsung.

Please help me with this by the goverment forbidden lock. (forbidden in Europe)

Regards,

Ed

Edited by Ed van den Enden

Guest darkness inc
Will Samsung release an official WM6 Rom for I600 soon, you guess?

I got this when i mailed them.

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

[solution]

Most packages within the UK should come with one standard battery and

one extended batteryand an extended battery backplate. This is

dependant on the package that the retailer buys from our distributors.

At this point in time Windows Mobile 6 is not being planned as an

upgrade for the handset but it is possible that in the future it may be

available.

:)

Guest kuvulmaz
I got this when i mailed them.

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

[solution]

Most packages within the UK should come with one standard battery and

one extended batteryand an extended battery backplate. This is

dependant on the package that the retailer buys from our distributors.

At this point in time Windows Mobile 6 is not being planned as an

upgrade for the handset but it is possible that in the future it may be

available.

:)

We will be waiting and hoping then :P

Guest Bob-

Gotta thank Samsung for announcing they were going to release Windows Mobile 6 for i600 users (go google the article, it's all over the internet) and then SCREWing (that's right!) all of us over, after months of waiting.

Gotta applaud them for having the guts to do that.

Windows Mobile 5 doesn't even have the basic features like letter dailing (1-800-HELP), or basic smartphone features like cut, copy, paste or let alone Java in its operating system. This is a failure considering that it's in BlackBerry smartphones for so long and the i600 & Blackjack are supposed to compete like BlackBerry killers.

Don't even get me started with the arrival of Office editors and HTML email in WM6, both features that are sorely missing in the 5. Not bring Windows Mobile 6 update to one of the "supposedly" best smartphone and supporting its users to establish user loyalty - big mistake.

I guess I finally learnt the lesson of why the aftermarket support of Samsung sucks in comparison to brands. I should have listened to other people whose experienced the same Samsung joke before purchasing the Blackjack and i600. Heck, even HTC is rolling out all the Windows Mobile 6 updates for their devices (T-Mobile Dash?), and even Quanta Computer is providing the O2 Xda Zinc with Windows Mobile 6 update as well.

Thanks for everything, Samsung! I love the fact that I somewhat waste my money on Blackjack and SGH-i600 and I haven't gained that much from ditching my BlackBerry Pearl and 8800.

Edited by Bob-

Guest orcinus
Gotta thank Samsung for announcing they were going to release Windows Mobile 6 for i600 users (go google the article, it's all over the internet)

There was never an official announcement nor press release. They were all rumours.

Windows Mobile 5 doesn't even have the basic features like letter dailing (1-800-HELP)

Eh? Awha?

... or basic smartphone features like cut, copy, paste or let alone Java in its operating system. This is a failure considering that it's in BlackBerry smartphones for so long and the i600 & Blackjack are supposed to compete like BlackBerry killers.

Sole valid points. I agree wholeheartedly.

Don't even get me started with the arrival of Office editors and HTML email in WM6, both features that are sorely missing in the 5.

Dude... It's a smartphone. You can install applications on it. There are viewers and editors and things like Profimail and Flexmail...

I guess I finally learnt the lesson of why the aftermarket support of Samsung sucks in comparison to brands. I should have listened to other people whose experienced the same Samsung joke before purchasing the Blackjack and i600. Heck, even HTC is rolling out all the Windows Mobile 6 updates for their devices (T-Mobile Dash?)

Believe it or not, HTC is one of very *rare* manufacturers with that kind of support. With HP you had to *BUY* the upgrades. Remember hx4700? Not only have you had to buy the upgrade to WM5, but it was late by almost a year and it sucked so bad people were mass-downgrading. And don't even get me started on Motorola and MPx's.

Thanks for everything, Samsung! I love the fact that I somewhat waste my money on Blackjack and SGH-i600 and I haven't gained that much from ditching my BlackBerry Pearl and 8800.

So, let's see... You got everything Samsung advertised, but you consider your money wasted, because you didn't get an OS you never paid for in the first place? Right. Makes sense :)

Edited by orcinus

Guest Bob-
There was never an official announcement nor press release. They were all rumours.

Eh? Awha?

Sole valid points. I agree wholeheartedly.

Dude... It's a smartphone. You can install applications on it. There are viewers and editors and things like Profimail and Flexmail...

Believe it or not, HTC is one of very *rare* manufacturers with that kind of support. With HP you had to *BUY* the upgrades. Remember hx4700? Not only have you had to buy the upgrade to WM5, but it was late by almost a year and it sucked so bad people were mass-downgrading. And don't even get me started on Motorola and MPx's.

So, let's see... You got everything Samsung advertised, but you consider your money wasted, because you didn't get an OS you never paid for in the first place? Right. Makes sense :)

actually, the replies from Samsung Gemany were not rumors, people actually e-mailed Samsung asking about the future of the Windows Mobile updates specifically for i600 and the Samsung Germany even provided along the download URL and appoximately when it be available and when the AT&T update would also be announed to be available (June) for all devices.

Also 3rd party support for those sorely missed out essential basic features wil never be like a Windows Mobile 6 built-in support (from update), no matter how many applications you install to improve your devices to get features like cut/copy/paste, HTML email, Java and many other sorely features...

Edited by Bob-

Guest orcinus
actually, the replies from Samsung Gemany were not rumors, people actually e-mailed Samsung asking about the future of the Windows Mobile updates specifically for i600 and the Samsung Germany even provided along the download URL and appoximately when it be available and when the AT&T update would also be announed to be available (June) for all devices.

Nope, that was completely anecdotal and came from a german forum (whose users mailed Samsung asking for WM6 upgrade details). Check the original thread: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...mp;hl=msmobiles.

That's as far from being an official announcement as me stating i600 will get levitation abilities and a coffee making functionality with the next firmware update. The original reports even pointed to a wrong page...

Show me *one* truly official announcement or PR by Samsung that states WM6 will be available for i600, and when.

Also 3rd party support for those sorely missed out essential basic features wil never be like a Windows Mobile 6 built-in support (from update), no matter how many applications you install to improve your devices to get features like cut/copy/paste, HTML email, Java and many other sorely features...

No, it won't be like WM6 built-in support. The built in support is actually worse.

And just BTW, it doesn't get you cut/copy/paste nor Java. The only worthy additions are HTML e-mail, mobile Office apps that work worse than Docs To Go and tidbits like autocomplete in e-mail To: field.

As far as "sorely missed" goes, with DocsToGo and a replacement e-mail client - i see absolutely no problems or missing functions on my i600.