Forum rules about referral links?

Guest Shuflie

Guest Shuflie

I know I don't like spam postings with links to referral sites, but what are the rules, if any, about discreet links in your sig? Just asking as I've added a link (hopefully to one of the better ones) in mine which I can remove if its a problem.

Guest Shuflie
I don't see a problem with that - good luck !

Thanks, I'll probably need it, I've gone for the Imac and need 34 referrals. I should probably have picked something like the Xbox360 or Zune but thought that I might as well go for the big one. Don't know where they're going to get an Imac G5 from now though, perhaps they just substitute an equivalent core 2 duo model.

• 1 month later...
Guest Shuflie

Well, the first site seems to have been a washout. One person registered with it using my link but didn't complete an offer. I'm not surprised though since the offer I completed myself never got credited to my account. I've put another one in my sig to try and get a macbook, to help this one along I send £10 via paypal to anyone who completes an offer using my link, that should mean it doesn't cost you anything to register and get started on your own reward. As I only need 20 referrals I'll need to control this in some fashion. If you're interested PM me and if I haven't had all 20 slots filled I'll give you the go ahead. Once you get this back go ahead and register then complete an offer. When you do this, and you show up in my list of completed referrals I'll send the tenner to you. This way everyone's a winner, I get the macbook for £210 (£10 was for my own offer although there might be other cheaper ones) and everyone else who takes part gets a £10 offer for nothing, with the possibility of actually getting enough referrals themselves to get something more valuable. Don't click the link and complete without my agreement though as I won't payout any more than 20 referrals (unless you really just want to try it out for yourself and don't really care about getting a tenner from me for doing it).

Just to make it clear for all

1. Send me a PM if you want in

2. If I say yes click on the link to get me a macbook

3. Register and complete an offer

4. Wait a few hours/days until you appear on my account as completed

5. Cash in the £10 I send to you.

Most offers need a credit card and you'll need a paypal account to get the £10 I send to you, if you don't/can't get either of these then there's probably not much point in registering.

Guest Shuflie
grr i hate macs lol. shoulda got the 360

Love them or hate them they do look cool. Once registered the macbook can be changed for any of the following level three gifts

Acer Travelmate 2423WXMi

compaq nx6125

IBM Thinkpad R51e

NEC M520

Toshiba Satelite PRO A120

None of the above come near the macbook performancewise though, don't forget that bootcamp can allow XP and vista to be installed quite happily on the macbook. The 360 would probably have needed less referrals though.

Guest Shuflie

I now have a total of one referral out of twenty needed (still showing as not completed an offer yet though) :rolleyes: Should probably have added that you'll need to confirm the email address you registered with so that when you complete an offer I can send the money to you. If you've used a false address to sign up PM me with both the false address and a real one that can accept Paypal payments. My paypal account is bank funded so you shouldn't need a premier account to receive money.

Guest sxywill2005

I don't mean to sound a complete Victor Meldrew here, but putting affiliate links in a forum can seriously harm the websites SEO and it's search engine posistioning.

Same goes for anyone wanting SEO links say if you was to use anchor text on a link so that you can get IBL's (Inbound Links) to a certain website. It is not often the best practise and really should be avoided. Say if you found a great deal for a Motorola Q on expansys and linked the page to expansys as "Motorola Q", ou are effectively helping their natural search engine posistionings.

I think links here do have a "NO FOLLOW" tag on them, but it's good if you was to cross link to the MoDaCo shop to relevant phones, that way it will help MoDaCo :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shuflie

Decided to give up on referral sites, nothing seems to be happening even with the money back guarantee. :rolleyes: If anyone has clicked through on one of my links previously and goes ahead and completes an offer I'll still honour the deal but I've now pulled the links from my sig.