WLM Mobile Sync Issues

Guest Electronic Punk

Guest Electronic Punk

Ok I have tried this with my own WLM 5 device and had a friend check it on their WLM6 device with a different account.

I noticed that the sync has not been working correctly and does not download my display name, user status or any profile pictures from myself or my contacts and shows disabled.

I am not using an @hotmail/live.com address rather my own (@osnn.net so not affiliated with MS in that way) but I don't think that should matter, I have worked hard since installing this the first time and deleted many stupid contacts narrowing the list to 35 so timing out can't really be an issue.

I have tried on GPRS/3G as well as directly connected to my PC (fails the sync faster too)

There does not seem to be a problem with my live account and it works flawlessly on several machines, although admittidly all running WML 8.1, maybe I should check out a version that is older and see if it throws a fit.

I did get my hands on the software by other means, but I did apply to the beta in January (amusingly before I had a smartphone) so I have mailed them to ask why I am still pending and that my main reason to access the beta was to get support via the newsgroups.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Hopefully its server side and will be resolved soon. Formatted or reset my phone several times now and its just the weird obsessive compulsive side that wants this working properly.

Cheers.

Guest meslierlp

Try this:

• Open to Windows Live Personal Settings page, then Menu/Account options/Clear password.

• Open Windows Live Messenger. It will ask you to enter your password.

• That is it…

Hope this helps.

Guest Electronic Punk

Thanks for the reply, I removed the password and when I attempted to sync it did ask me for my password again (so at least it cares about that stuff) but then it did once more fail to sync and pull down any of my personal settings.

Guest meslierlp

By design, Windows live for Mobile devices only works with Hotmail/Live account.

Thanks for the reply, I removed the password and when I attempted to sync it did ask me for my password again (so at least it cares about that stuff) but then it did once more fail to sync and pull down any of my personal settings.

Guest Electronic Punk

No it isn't that at all, I don't sync my email and it had been working fine. Persides my personal email is configured as a live account and works with all the live applications and betas I have been on thus far.

I have a friend with access to the newsgroups and it seems to be have been a reported bug, so hopefully it is something that can be properly diagnosed and fixed.

Anyway, I made a little progress myself.

On the desktop version I removed my personal message and my display picture and it synced fine. Cool.

So I changed my username and personal message on the PC and synced again. Once again worked.

I set a display picture on my desktop, sync failed. Aha!

I then logged on with my mobile, and changed my username and personal message, synced fine once more (quickly logged back onto my desktop and the setting had changed)

I then changed the display picture on the mobile to some picture I had taken with the camera.

It synced fine again! Even the desktop version had the picture from my mobile version.

Problem solved right? I then changed the display picture on the desktop version to another picture, sync failed.

So I removed the picture and the sync once again worked, however the mobile messenger still had the display picture I had set via the mobile beforehand and I can't actually find a way of removing that picture without setting another picture, which in turn will then replicate to my desktop.

Is there a way?

Anyway, hopefully someone working on the beta or at least part of the beta will see this and let the developers know as it will hopefully help them out a little. For now I guess I will need to resize an image on my pc and sync it to my phone to have both a properly formatted display picture (mobile doesn't handle it too well and leaves white letterbox'd type lines at the top and bottom) as well as a working sync.

Plus if anyone official is reading, would be great if contacts in your phone address book take on display pictures if they are without one! (would prob have to make it so it only occurs if the display pic was set by messenger and not one set by the use themsleves as I guess that would just get frustrating) oh and hopefully the ability to sync custom nicknames on the contact of the desktop to the mobile would be great as well, as much as I like O~~~*~*~*~*(P)O(P)O(P)O(P)WOO BRUCE CAMPBELLO~~~*~*~*~*(P)O(P)O(P)O(P) I prefer to call them Claire.