Change sound for INCOMING SMS.

Guest renderz

Guest renderz

Hey folks,

I want to use a custom sound to play when I receive SMS messages (R2D2 if you wanted to know), but I cannot find a way to place the .wav sound in the drop down list in the sound options.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Guest Neil5459
What version do you have, I'm having trouble too.

If you mean what OS version, or what device version, it doesn't matter.

It has always been a Phone Edition convention that Sounds and Notifications can only be WAV files, and must reside in the My Device/Windows folder. Once there, the Sounds and Notifications control panel app should pck them up, from where you can select in the choice boxes.

Ringtones should be in the Windows/Rinsg folder and can be WAV, MID, WMA or MP3 format. Other locations are possible, but aren't consistent.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest RoVal1972

From me another question. How can I change the alarm tones (i want to have some longer and better sounds)? What do I have to do ? Thanks a lot!

Guest Neil5459

Alarm tones are the same as messaging in the default Alarm application- that is they need to be small WAV files, located in the Windows folder.

3rd party alarm programs like SpB Time, ActiveKitten Chronos etc can all use MP3's, WMA's or OGG's as alarm tones, so if you really want exended capability, it might be worth buying something.

Guest Mr_Kev

just a tip....do a search for a program called "Ease Audio Converter" ...it offers a free trial, its a great program for converting to wav files and also has a built in program for cutting the length of sounds so you dont get the whole ninth symphony on your phone

Kev

• 3 months later...
Guest irishmark

Does anyone know why this is? On My SPV M600 I was able to pop any MP3 file into the folder and it had no problems at all. Why is it with the M700 you ant do it anymore. Its a bit of a royal pain in the preverbial!