Bluetooth and ActiveSync...get me crazy

Guest mattgeeks

Guest mattgeeks

Hi all,

just received my S710 (here in Italy...) and I'm reaaaaally happy...

...but...

I've a crap of problem if I try to connect it to my Toshiba Tecra S3 thru bluetooth...I've specified the laptop because Toshiba installs some utils to manage connections and so on...

btw, if I try to connect the 2 devices, all the things goin'well...the phone recognize the laptop and viceversa, but the ActiveSync doesn't start fro the laptop and if I try to connect on the phone...same thing...

Have you some suggestions about???

...I've connected my friend Qtek Jam without any problem to try if everything working...but not my new S710! ;)

Thanks for the reply!

Ciao from Italy!

Guest Dster
btw, if I try to connect the 2 devices, all the things goin'well...the phone recognize the laptop and viceversa, but the ActiveSync doesn't start fro the laptop and if I try to connect on the phone...same thing...

I think you need to connect the first time with a wired connection and initiate activesync.

The next time it should work with bluetooth.

Guest mattgeeks

Hi all,

I've resolved...let me explain for whom have this problem...

First of all, I've unistalled the Toshiba (for me...) stack for the Bluetooth, reboot, then installed the standard Bluetooth manager...

The problem I have as described is that BT recognize the phone and associate to laptop, but doesn't connect and "talk" with ActiveSync...

Another thing...if using your BT stack, the phone doesn't give any service, or, as in my case, give service for COM and Media sharing, is a good start point.

So, after installing the standard, simply open the settings, add a COM port (6) on in without any association for now, make the pc in "listening" for other BT device.

Go on phone, open BT, open ActiveSync, select sync trhu BT, and start the procedure to assign a device (your PC) to the sync service.

At this point, you can find the ActiveSync service.

VoilĂ .

Hope that can helps!

Ciao! ;)