Broken lcd screen replacements? Where please

Guest grumpy_old_technobyte

Basically, I bought s620 Dash from someone who broke the lcd. Thinking that the screens were as easy to find on ebay as just about every other HTC phone, now Im stumped w/ it. I would rather fix it myself than pay HTC USA or any online repair shop to do it. Cant be harder than the Wizards! Anyone have any suggestions for an old fart?

post-65276-1177989627_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was screwed at first, but now there are about a thousand ppl on ebay offering replacement LCD screens for the Dash. I got in and it works fine. Connects in a sideways but similiar way as the 2125,sda, and 3125.

I will post some pics soon, got to take it back apart to do so first, easier to remove aerial antenna than the others being made of soft rubber. Might buy an extra Lcd seeing how there are so many broken s620's for sale. Good indicator of how easy it is to bugger it up.

Dash_Lcd.bmp

post-65276-1179642542_thumb.jpg

Edited by grumpy_old_technobyte

• 2 months later...
Guest akuma3d
No need for me to post disassembly pictures. Someone has already done so on Howardforums. The image quality and details are very straight forward.

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1144276

What's great is at the end when he shows the phone on w/o a LCD even in it! Now that's ballsy.

Has anyone tried PDAparts?

I got mine for like 80 bucks after tax and shipping. It worked perfect. it's a snap to put in. I've had to do this twice now. Except the second LCD was WAY cheeper.

http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2/merch...;Category_Code=

No, I do not work for them. I was just very very happy with their services. Fast as heck, and cheepest i could find