Paul's HTC S710 de-Brand Pack

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest padbol2000

hello

i have just updated my rom to the last available ( FRA V1.34.406)

i insttal the debrand pack, i think its ok,

but when i go to the comm manager, nothing happened ! just the logo with color who turn, and turn and turn

help

• 4 weeks later...
Guest barlafuus
yeah, if you could update it, it would be great.

I updated my phone yesterday, and installed the debrand pack right away, because it's great.

everything seemed fine, but the comm manager is messed up.

but since your app can be uninstalled, everything works fine again :D

same thing to my s710 with new firmware RUU_Vox_HTC_ITA_1.34.408.1_4.1.13.54_03.10.90_Ship.exe

some news?

thanks in advance

Guest comec

So folks,

I have the answer for you! It's not the perfect solution but it works! :D

First make sure, that your smartphone is fully unlocked!

Check this registry files if they are correct:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000 1001 = 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000 1005 = 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000 1017 = 144

Than install the de-Brand Pack and make NO reboot!

Finally install the cab I attched and reboot your phone.

Have fun... :(

comm_manager_updated.cab

Edited by comec

Guest Bandicoot

Can someone tell me why I get an error when I Try to install the updated comm manager. It says I am not allowed to install it. Als when I try to edit registry vaLUES it says that I am not allowed to do that. I allready installed the remove security cab. BTW I have a S710 (clean one no provider things in there)

Edited by Bandicoot

Guest JQ-NL

I have the same problem with the Comm mgr.

Can someone post the 0.1 version of the De-brander? I believe this one didn't affect the Comm mgr., while all the other branded screens are replaced.

Would be a acceptable solution for me...

Guest comec
Can someone tell me why I get an error when I Try to install the updated comm manager. It says I am not allowed to install it. Als when I try to edit registry vaLUES it says that I am not allowed to do that. I allready installed the remove security cab. BTW I have a S710 (clean one no provider things in there)

Your phone MUST be 100% unlocked.

First use the SDA-Application-Unlock, then change the registry entries and at the end of all run the com manager cab.

SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe

• 1 month later...
Guest mic1982

i am so confused and unhappy about my vda v (htc s710).

i look in the internet for debranding, normally i can debrand it with hardreset, after this, i do a softreset - but it doesn't work - so i am confused about it.

with my vpa compact 2 it works -> hardreset + softreset before installing d2-cabs, so i've had a debrand phone without vodafone settings, themes and so on.

i am confused, why it doesn't work with the vda v.

can anybody of you help me?

and can anybody tell me, how i can do a softreset? there is no hole, where i can put in the pencil, to do a softreset... so i am confused.

the first "softreset" - i don't know, if it's really a softreset - i have done by uncase the battery.. hm?

i am sorry about my english, i hope any of you can help and understand me.

thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest jose_10000

Also having problems with the de-brand pack. I have an unlocked S710 (got it from ebay) and I've been using the pack for more than 10 months with no problem until now. I just updated the rom (got it from HTC website), and after installing the pack, the Comm Manager isn't displayed properly. It works, but when I open it the buttons don't appear and only a background text with the selected option for the Manager is shown, and when I use the nav key a new text is placed on top of the old one. Basically I have to guess what option I'm selecting before pression the Ok button. Has anyone encountered something like this (and better yet, been able to solve it)?

• 3 months later...
Guest eshoshin

I installed both CAB files and the de-branding worked, except that my Comm Manager won't open now. It tries to, but either freezes or kinda comes up in the background behind the home screen. As of now I can't access the Comm Manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
Guest Svennzz

don't know what i did wrong but everything is good exept for the comm manager. it's invisible now :D you can see in de menubar that it is open but there are no icons or a window.

• 3 months later...