My WM6 assessment...

Guest dleasman

Guest dleasman

I have the new TMo WM6 upgrade on my Dash...

Overall, I believe it is more snappy, and has never looked better. It's really not all that different than WM5 in appearance, until you get to the mail, which is all new, and PIE is improved as well. You can now view html formatted mail, which is nice.

For those that use their device for an mp3 player, you will really like the media player plugin for the home screen, which is actually pretty cool.

I also notice better support for downloading of files, internet connectivity, bluetooth... And it's much easier to pair devices.

ActiveSync seems much slower now, expecially on the initial sync.... Took forever to get all my contacts back in.

Just 1 small issue I am battling:

Every time I restart, it resets my home screen back to the default. why? (I prefer W411y Q-Icons)

If anyone has solutions to the above problems, please reply.

Compatibility:

Touch bar mods - appear to work fine

tcpmp - works great, and appears to play smoother

Google Maps - works even better

AmpTweaks - most of the settings work

TMoMail - Not included, but can be installed... Appears to work.

AutoKeyLock - installed, but I have not configured and tested yet.

Seems as though the phone is more efficient somehow...

Added:

I have noticed that messenger merges your im contacts into your phone, complete with icons, which is sorta cool, if you don't mind the clutter in your phone book.

Windows Update is in there under settings... So you can have it download updates. Is this a good thing, or not? :rolleyes:

Media player supports ratings and album covers, if you have the folder.jpg files on your phone. That's sorta cool!

You can save attachments from e-mails now. It's about time!

Edited by dleasman

Guest sahli
I have the new TMo WM6 upgrade on my Dash...

Overall, I believe it is more snappy, and has never looked better. It's really not all that different than WM5 in appearance, until you get to the mail, which is all new, and PIE is improved as well. You can now view html formatted mail, which is nice.

For those that use their device for an mp3 player, you will really like the media player plugin for the home screen, which is actually pretty cool.

I also notice better support for downloading of files, internet connectivity, bluetooth... And it's much easier to pair devices.

ActiveSync seems much slower now, expecially on the initial sync.... Took forever to get all my contacts back in.

Just 1 small issue I am battling:

Every time I restart, it resets my home screen back to the default. why? (I prefer W411y Q-Icons)

If anyone has solutions to the above problems, please reply.

Compatibility:

Touch bar mods - appear to work fine

tcpmp - works great, and appears to play smoother

Google Maps - works even better

AmpTweaks - most of the settings work

TMoMail - Not included, but can be installed... Appears to work.

AutoKeyLock - installed, but I have not configured and tested yet.

Seems as though the phone is more efficient somehow...

Added:

I have noticed that messenger merges your im contacts into your phone, complete with icons, which is sorta cool, if you don't mind the clutter in your phone book.

Windows Update is in there under settings... So you can have it download updates. Is this a good thing, or not? :rolleyes:

Media player supports ratings and album covers, if you have the folder.jpg files on your phone. That's sorta cool!

You can save attachments from e-mails now. It's about time!

YES, and the now inbuilt Office Mobile Applications such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint.... not just viewers.

Guest pankul
YES, and the now inbuilt Office Mobile Applications such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint.... not just viewers.

There is even a PDF reader on the Phone, and it is SOOO MUCH FASTER ..

Guest merwin
few things you can do ...

read this ... http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=239456

then get the files from http://mobile.surrealnetworks.com/Dash%20A...My%20E-Mail.cab

I have not tested the cab myself, but if you need the files the cab has them or PM me.

Requires files from the old ROM :rolleyes: That cab file doesn't have all of the necessary files. Actually, it only has one file in it... my guess is that it's the T-Mobile e-mail configuration app, but not the part that intercepts SMS messages.

I'll have to take some time at some point and extract the files from a ROM.