Windows Mobile 6 Update for the T-Mobile USA Dash now Official!

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

With the slight controversy surrounding a leaked version of T-Mobiles latest software update last week, its great news to see that they have officially launched the update! As well as the obvious benefits of Microsofts latest offering in Windows Mobile 6, T-Mobiles website also quotes the following changes:

– Operating system upgrade to Windows Mobile 6, including features such as:

– Receive, compose, and send e-mails in full HTML.

– Easier downloading of e-mail attachments and images.

– Improved e-mail filtering and search.

– Access to Windows Live services.

– Improvements to volume controls:

– Adjust volume by sliding your finger up or down the volume strip while in a call.

– Pressing and holding the bar no longer rejects incoming calls.

– Ability to dial by number by pressing alt+letter for each letter in the phone number.

– Voice Command software, allowing not only easy voice dialing but also control of applications and messages.

– Pocket Office, allowing editing of Microsoft Word and Excel documents from the device.

Looks good, hopefully T-Mobile will reciprocate this with their UK version of the HTC Excalibur, the MDA Mail, as well as the remainder of their extensive Windows Mobile handset range. For the mean time, this update remains for the T-Mobile USA MDA Dash only.

Oh, yeah, you can grab it HERE! :rolleyes:

Thanks to MoDaCo member 'rope' for posting the link!

Guest Fel Ian

I installed Palringo but when you boot up and palringo is set to start up with device then the phone locks up and freezes, have to take the battery out, and micro sd, then start it up again and remove Palringo. I hope that they fix this little problem since i use palringo a lot!

• 1 month later...
Guest Zone-MR
I installed Palringo but when you boot up and palringo is set to start up with device then the phone locks up and freezes, have to take the battery out, and micro sd, then start it up again and remove Palringo. I hope that they fix this little problem since i use palringo a lot!

Thanks for the notice - I'll investigate to see if we can replicate it.

In the meantime, you should be able to untick "Run at Startup" under the Palringo settings. If you get a chance to try this, please let me know if Palringo loads correctly when started manually.

• 2 years later...
Guest Darlene

Good book is worth reading twice, so is the same with good places. For those new places I find, I always want to share them with my friends. I used to take down their address so that next time we could find them again. But every time I want to find the address, the paper which it is on may be thrown away. Frustrating! Once when I read the user manual of ZorroGPS, I suddenly found that I could store the place in my ZorroGPS. This is really a good idea. The next day I want to visit the place again, my GPS just takes me there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.