Questions

Guest aargh

Guest aargh

Hello. Despite all the encouraging remarks about battery life and buttons falling off, I'm still interested in this device. Some questions for Graphite owners:

1. How close can the camera be to its target while retaining focus? Can it reasonably photograph newspaper text?

2. How good is the flash in terms of distance from target in total darkness?

3. When connecting via usb to a PC, does the PC require any special software preinstalled?

Sample pictures would be great or even just answers. I have seen sample pictures of "total darkness" but could not guage how far away from the camera the target was.

Thankyou.

Guest sparkymodaco
Hello. Despite all the encouraging remarks about battery life and buttons falling off, I'm still interested in this device. Some questions for Graphite owners:

1. How close can the camera be to its target while retaining focus? Can it reasonably photograph newspaper text?

2. How good is the flash in terms of distance from target in total darkness?

3. When connecting via usb to a PC, does the PC require any special software preinstalled?

Sample pictures would be great or even just answers. I have seen sample pictures of "total darkness" but could not guage how far away from the camera the target was.

Thankyou.

1. Not very. There's no macro mode.

2. probably 2 or 3 feet. It's only little LED

3. It comes with Active sync for windows. YOu will need extra software for a Mac. If you have linux you're probably the adventurous type who's already bought one. ripped it apart and put it back together.

Edited by sparkymodaco