Volume slider button is broken

Guest pablo1000

Guest pablo1000

Has anyone had their volume slider button (on the left of the Prophet) stop working?

Mine still goes up (then springs back to the centre) like it's supposed to but it has gone limp when pressing to turn the volume down. It looks like one of the springs has gone or something but the volume just won't turn down. I have to manually click on the screen to do it. Anyone else had this issue? Think I'll ask Orange for a replacement - last phone's headphone socket got stuck in headset mode all the time.

Guest carlosp_uk

Hi there

Just to say I have also had this problem and am currently negotiating with HTC to have it repaired under warranty. At the moment they say that the problem is 'customer abuse' so it's good to read that I'm not the only one!

Guest Lammypie

Funnily enough, this happened to me last week. A day later it broke in both directions.

The phone is still under warranty and I pay extra £6 a month for orange care, and Orange still insisted on charging an 'Admin' fee of £15.

When I questioned why I had to pay when it was still under warranty, I was told pay or don't pay its up to me, but if I don't I won't get a new phone.

So guess what I payed.

I'm so leaving orange when this darn contract is up

Guest pablo1000
Funnily enough, this happened to me last week. A day later it broke in both directions.

The phone is still under warranty and I pay extra £6 a month for orange care, and Orange still insisted on charging an 'Admin' fee of £15.

When I questioned why I had to pay when it was still under warranty, I was told pay or don't pay its up to me, but if I don't I won't get a new phone.

So guess what I payed.

I'm so leaving orange when this darn contract is up

Sorry to hear you've had problems. I got a new M600 the next day, via Orange care and at no cost. Don't know why they are so inconsistent (or is it because my mobile bills are higher than yours? - I doubt it..... £30 per month).

However, took 3 days to get through to customer services and get a new phone ordered - "system's down, we'll ring you back" etc. etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest maxwell_hung

I had this too. My phone was just over 6 months old and I didn't have Orange Care.

I raised an RMA number with HTC and sent it back to them for repair. Came back in a few days as good as new.

If I had Orange care, they would have sent me out a new phone, although they are reconditioned