i-mate SPL rom update - no wm6 yet?

Guest Mysterious Stranger

"Operating System Update for original units

Note: This ROM is for devices whose software versions are less than Version 01.08 "

"Latest Release details:

The main improvements from the original Operating System, are:

Midi New midi engine for ringtone playback

Camera app Improved stability of camera application for picture taking and video recording

Telephony: Added several radio improvements, including GPRS reconnect fix, ‘unknown call’ handling, and better handling when an incorrect APN is set.

Localisation: Improved the localized wording of some of the applications "

No mention of wm6 though :-(

Available at club imate for registered users.

M.S

Guest zabirp

Thanks for the heads up.

Definetly recommend this update, imo made a big difference, doesn't have the delays running the start menu for the first time after a reset, entering device lock code used to be a bit slow before, lot better now. Texting's quicker too.

Much happier now :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Texting's quicker too.

TBH I still find it cumbersome and avoid sending texts when using this handset. For me, the first WM handset in a longtime that can't keep up with txting! It's a pain :-(

M.S

• 1 month later...
Guest slimgym

I just got an SPL to replace the bulkier SP5m. Loved the SP5m, speedy, liked the wifi, but end of the day the wifi wasn't a major factor. The SPL is a lot smaller than the SP5m and a nicer handset. Sadly the firmware on it was 1.04 and it failed to update to 1.08 but the phone still lived (however it still reports itself as 1.04!). When I try to update, it says the phone already has the same or later firmware :)

I contacted i-mate via their online help (twice, it kept dropping out) and in the midst of trying to help (which they didn't really) they said "for the moment we are not sure when a new ROM will be available" which isn't good news for WM6 as they announced the WM6 ability of the SPL in feb?

I have quite a few bugs with 1.04, signal indication freezes (you go out of service but it still shows signal), it takes an age to re-establish signal once it's dropped out, various crashes and of course the total inability to fully app unlock it :P

I-mate haven't been very helpful, they say I need to go to a service centre, both require proof of purchase, and as a second hand customer I need to specifically pay them £30 for second user warranty (it's not like the handset can be a year old yet!) and considering the handset was only £90 it's a bit steep!

Great phone, poor service, shame on you i-mate.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest virtualtrevor
No mention of wm6 though :-(

Available at club imate for registered users.

M.S

Does anyone know if there is an update ROM (to WM6) out there somewhere?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hi

I see Imate SPLs sold out in China with WM6 on web, can anybody from China please confirm if it is real or not?

Please see the link

WARNING link is suspect - symantec blocks an exe downloader when I click it, follow at your own risk!

Still no news from imate about wm6 - we know the puma can run it, come on imate!

M.S

Guest defygravity
WARNING link is suspect - symantec blocks an exe downloader when I click it, follow at your own risk!

Still no news from imate about wm6 - we know the puma can run it, come on imate!

M.S

i do not know why in china wm6 are flashed in the rom! i heard spl are bulid by htc.

Edited by defygravity

i do not know why in china wm6 are flashed in the rom! i heard spl are bulid by htc.

IIRC they're TechFaith Wireless units. HTC's (current!) stuff is better built ;-)

M.S

Guest lostpilot
that is pretty sure. my phone's system is wm6, the pic is not shoot on my phone,but same

spl009.jpg

Hi defygravity,

I have 7 SPL phones in the company and they freeze many times in a day ;)

I need a ROM other than IMATE wheter it is Puma or Amoi E70, doesn't matter WM5 or WM6, can you please send me a link for a rom to download? :( Thankspp-blank-thumb.pngrating_0_mini.gifgender_mystery.pngView Member Profile friend_add_small.pngAdd as Friend send_pm_small.pngSend Message find_posts.pngFind Member's Topics find_posts.pngFind Member's Posts <script type=text/javascript> ipsmenu.register( "post-member-851338", '', 'popmenubutton-new', 'popmenubutton-new-out' );

Guest lostpilot

Hi,

I found a WM6 SPL phone and uploaded the rom dump to rapidshare,

I appriciate if someone can put the dump in a rom upgrade package with some how to docs and share with others

This rom is for TechFaith Wireless (TFW) PUMA_T phone

branded and sold as

I-MATE SPL

AMOI E70

FLY Iq-110

http://rapidshare.com/files/65758800/WM6_D...Iq-110.zip.html

DSC00097.jpg

spl003.jpgspl001.jpg

Edited by lostpilot

it seems theres not much interest in this rom upgrade....

I'm looking foward to that...

Maybe you'll get better help @ xda-devs, i've seen your post there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest reddish

could some one e-mail me this update or reply with a link to where i can download this update i can not get this from club i-mate as my phone has been registered my some one else [email protected]

Edited by reddish

• 1 month later...
Guest asrrin29

I recently recieved an i-mate SPL as a gift for my birthday. the company that sold it was TravrrlTele.com based out of Fort Lauderdale, Fl, USA. It came preinstalled with WM6.0, Microsoft Office Mobile, and some other stuff.

The phone works perfectly (except I can't find how to enable T9) but I beleive it was flashed with WM6.0 after getting shipped from i-mate before getting shipped to me.

Guest reddish

i have been to there ftp server but there file names are not clear to which phone the updates are for i am running ver 1.4 and its very slow, if someone could tell me the name of the file i need that would be a great help

Guest slimgym

The latest (1.8 or 1.9 depending on hardware version) is still very slow and crashy, I had been hoping WM6 will sort all this out but time is dragging on and still no sign of it! Some people seem to have it preloaded in phones but I don't think anyone has yet managed to extract it to an installer for those stuck waiting.

The SPL firmware update to 1.8/1.9 is not on the FTP site, you need to go to http://www.clubimate.com/t-DEVICE_SPL_UPD.aspx to download it. It's probably better than what you have but don't expect much.

• 1 month later...
Guest slimgym

I really need some sort of update to the SPL, it's rapidly becoming a joke how daily the thing crashes, locks up and the like. It's not even that I have anything loaded on it - I flattened it a while back and never re-installed any junk.

It could be that WM6 won't sort the stability, but I really hope so. The WM5 implementation on the SP5m is far better and much more stable than on the SPL. I'm ready to desert the smartphone. I don't want a big phone, I want something small, fast, reliable. I might even go back to a standard phone (probably a Nokia) at this rate!!!

To cap it all off, i-mate seem to have changed the website and dumped the user data so I now need to re-register to check for updates :D

Edited by slimgym

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Davob
I recently recieved an i-mate SPL as a gift for my birthday. the company that sold it was TravrrlTele.com based out of Fort Lauderdale, Fl, USA. It came preinstalled with WM6.0, Microsoft Office Mobile, and some other stuff.

The phone works perfectly (except I can't find how to enable T9) but I beleive it was flashed with WM6.0 after getting shipped from i-mate before getting shipped to me.

same issue here ... :D haha ...... I hate texting without T9 ... lol