How to get your russian qtek rom working in english

Guest rikpotts

Guest rikpotts

This post has been editted on 27th Dec '07. It will leave you with an English Qtek rom.

Im just consolidating messages I have left in other topics because its nothing short of a bitch to find, install and configure a russian qtek 8200 rom for English use on a t-mobile sdaII or spv c550 for instance.

You will need activesync, 8200 Qtek ROM, Regedit, Mobile Registry Editor and SPV Services. I will tell you where to get them all from so dont worry about them right now.

To flash the phone you will have to CID unlock the phone. To CID unlock the phone you will have to install cert.cab and use SPV Services. But you will have to application unlock the phone to install cert.cab

1. Application Unlock

Download and install ActiveSync

https://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/act...nc/default.mspx

Make sure its open and has connected to your phone.

Download Regedit

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=18427

Using Explore in ActiveSync copy the regedit file to \storage\windows\startmenu

Then on your phone Press start and open regedit which will appear in the list. If it doesnt appear just open a folder in the Start menu and then naviagte back to regedit in the first menu.

Navigate to....

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies

and press values.

Open 00001001 and change the value data to 1

Do the same for 00001005 but change the value data to 40.

2. CID Unlock

Now download SPV Services. Its a simple google.

Once you have downloaded and extracted the SPV Services folder copy the cert.cab to your phone, just copy it to \storage.

On your phone press Start and then System Management (or Accessories) and open File Manager. Click on storage then change it to list view. You should see cert.cab in the list. Click on it and install it.

Once this is done make sure activesync is connected and open SPVServices from within the SPV Services folder you downloaded. Then click on CID Unlock on the left. I cant remember what screens you should see but it was quite straight forward.

Once you have CID unlocked your phone you can now install the rom.

3. Installing the ROM

I cant post a link to the qtek 8200 russian rom but its is there somewhere!

Try searching for.....

"HU_BP_RUS_101577_13234_1410_ship"

Its on a forum and hosted via ftp.

Make sure activesync is connected and your phone is turned on as normal (you dont need to be in the boot screen)

Simply double click on the rom you downloaded and follow the instructions.

Once the flash is done you will have russian phone!

4. Make your phone English!

Press Start, then press 8 (for settings, its the only folder in the first screen of the start menu... just in case its not 8!), then press 0 and then 5 (Regional Settings)

Change the top menu to UK English and reboot the phone. I then went back to Regional Settings and set the locale to UK too. Reboot the phone again.

It should now be in English.

5. Make the Text Input English.

The text fields (ie. anywhere you enter text) will still use Russian characters.

Download and install this program.... MobileRegistryEditor

http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilities/20...try_Editor.aspx

It allows to to edit your phones registry from your pc.

Open the Mobile Registry Editor program and make these changes. You are best off deleting the other registry entries. These are the only ones you need.

HKLM\input\ldbs

0409 with t9englis.dll string and I deleted the rest.

HKLM\t9 input method

current ime as 400

current ldb as 0409

default alpha ldb as 0409

HKLM\t9 input method\ime

0400 as \windows\t9aw.dll

HKLM\t9 input method\ime order

0409 as 0400

HKLM\t9 input method\ldbs

0409 as T9Englishldb.dll

I dont know if you need to do something different if you want to use US English language and locale.

That should now leave you with a 100% English Qtek rom.

Edited by rikpotts

Guest Kammy
Im just consolidating messages I have left in other topics because its nothing short of a bitch to find, install and configure a russian qtek 8200 rom for english use on a t-mobile sdaII or spv c500 for instance.

I cant post a link to the qtek 8200 russian rom but its is there somewhere!

Try searching for.....

"HU_BP_RUS_101577_13234_1410_ship"

Its on a forum and hosted via ftp.

To flash the phone you will have to cid unlock the phone, which means installing cert.cab and using spv services. you will have to application unlock the phone to install cert.cab

Download Regedit

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=18427

Using ActiveSync copy the regedit file to \storage\windows\startmenu

Then on your phone Press start and open regedit.

Navigate to....

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies

and press values.

Open 00001001 and change the value data to 1

Do the same for 00001005 but change the value data to 40.

Now download spv services. Its a simple google.

Once you have downloaded and extracted the spv services folder copy the cert.cab to your phone, just copy it to \storage.

On your phone press Start and then System Management and open file manager. Click on storage then change it to list view. You should see cert.cab in the list. Click on it and install it.

Once this is done make sure activesync is connected and open SPVServices from within the SPV Services folder you downloaded. Then click on CID Unlock on the left. I cant remember what screens you should see but it was quite straight forward.

Once you have CID unlocked your phone you can now install the rom.

Make sure activesync is connected and your phone is turned on as normal (you dont need to be in the boot screen)

Simply double click on the rom you downloaded and follow the instructions.

Once the flash is done you will have russian phone!

Press Start, then press 8 (for settings, its the only folder in the first screen of the start menu... just in case its not 8!), then press 0 and then 5 (Regional Settings)

Change the top menu to UK English and reboot the phone. I then went back to Regional Settings and set the locale to UK too.

It should now be in English.

The text fields (ie anywhere you enter text) will still use russian characters though.

Id imagine there are a few ways of sorting it but the most simple... and also the the method which has as little editting as possible is this way....

I used a program called mobile registry editor. It allows you to edit the registry of your phone on your pc. That way you can use your keyboard to edit the registry keys.

Given that its freeware can I post a link?

Simply establish an activesync connection and start the application on your desktop/laptop.

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\t9 input method\LDBs.

I changed 0419 from T9RussianLDB.dll to T9EnglishLDB.dll

and under

HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\Input\LDBs

I entered a new string named 0419 and entered a value of t9englis.dll

I rebooted the phone and then in a text message I held down * and a box popped up with options. Just change the language to English. Im sure it will be really simple to add new languages too as long as you have the T9*****LDB.dll file for your language.

The phone still thinks its in russian but the russian language now uses an english.dll. If you set the phone to use russian it simply beeps at you because its confused to which .dll to use I assume. I might try and delete all the russian registry sometime though tbh im just glad its working!

I dont know if you need to do something different if you want to use US English language and locale.

Hi mate

Top Post by the way, made the whole headache of getting a ROM file and the rest a simple affair... However, one problem... I have followed the above instructions to the dot, but I dont get the menu you mention when i hold down the '*' key when in SMS entry. I can change the type of input method by pressing the button repeatedly, but no T9 options, and worse still I cannot enter any characters in any field, just numbers !!! Is this a keyboard related driver issue, or am I missing something simple here ?????

Cheers

Kam

• 1 month later...
Guest rikpotts

Kammy, check my first post again. Ive editted it so that it now works properly.

Edited by rikpotts

• 1 year later...
Guest AesopRock

5. Make the Text Input English.

The text fields (ie. anywhere you enter text) will still use Russian characters.

Download and install this program.... MobileRegistryEditor

It allows to to edit your phones registry from your pc.

Open the Mobile Registry Editor program and make these changes. You are best off deleting the other registry entries. These are the only ones you need.

HKLM\input\ldbs

0409 with t9englis.dll string and I deleted the rest.

HKLM\t9 input method

current ime as 400

current ldb as 0409

default alpha ldb as 0409

HKLM\t9 input method\ime

0400 as \windows\t9aw.dll

HKLM\t9 input method\ime order

0409 as 0400

HKLM\t9 input method\ldbs

0409 as T9Englishldb.dll

That should now leave you with a 100% English Qtek rom.

Thank you! :D

I had this problem with the input after i flashed my Qtek 8200, and after reading this i fixed my problem!

It was helpful! :D Thanks again