Help, Sea water killed my wifes phone!

Guest ed_sambo

Guest ed_sambo

Hi Chaps

Looking for a bit of help. My wife dropped her M700 into the sea over the weekend :P and now the battery is dead and I can't use the USB for syncing, only IR and then only for short periods. Unfortunately the battery doesn't stay on long enough to use Activesync over the IR, but I can copy files.

So, can anybody please tell me which files I need to copy over that contain the contacts and appointment details? The rest she's not worried about.

I have been badgering her to Activsync her contacts, appointments etc but you know how it is, always too busy for such mundane things as backing up :rolleyes: and now she is in great danger of losing them all.

Any help much appriciated.

Thanks.

Edited by ed_sambo

Guest Neil5459
Hi Chaps

Looking for a bit of help. My wife dropped her M700 into the sea over the weekend :P and now the battery is dead and I can't use the USB for syncing, only IR and then only for short periods. Unfortunately the battery doesn't stay on long enough to use Activesync over the IR, but I can copy files.

So, can anybody please tell me which files I need to copy over that contain the contacts and appointment details? The rest she's not worried about.

I have been badgering her to Activsync her contacts, appointments etc but you know how it is, always too busy for such mundane things as backing up :rolleyes: and now she is in great danger of losing them all.

Any help much appriciated.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully the device itself is insured!

All the Contact/Appointment/Task details are kept in a hidden file in the root of My Device, called pim.vol (looking from File Explorer on the device, it will just be pim, as pocket file explorer doesn't show file extensions)

If your wife had a lot of contacts or appointments, this could be a rather large file (mine is 2MB with 500 appointments and 300 contacts) so would take a long time to transfer over IR. Have you tried inserting a miniSD card, and trying a file copy to it? Possibly the water has damaged the card reader, but worth a go. It might also be worth trying to transfer over WiFi, if the WiFI still works, but you need a more functional File Explorer to connect to a network.