Vodafone UK take up the HTC Vox!

Guest The Doctor

Guest The Doctor
23-May-2007_htcv145.jpg
In the wake of the Orange SPV E650, it seems that Vodafone want some of the glory too! The handset we all know and love as the HTC Vox is finally coming to another UK operator in the form of the Vodafone V1415.

Detailed on the Vodafone website HERE as coming soon, it's set to be available priced from FREE to £25.53 in June. Unfortunately, it's only available to business customers as per Vodafone's policy on offering Windows Mobile handsets. However, it's still a welcome addition to Vodafone's range since they did not adopt the HTC Excalibur smartphone unlike Orange or T-Mobile.

Phil

[Source]

Guest Paul (MVP)

They need to make it a consumer offering, and introduce a decent consumer data plan.

I like the fact it's the version with the silver keypad (a-la-S710!)

P

Guest Electronic Punk

Well they do have those data changes coming in June as well, was just about to refresh my memory on the changes and see if any new information had been added.

Guest Electronic Punk

Vodafones specs seem to differ from that of HTCs product sheet.

( http://www.europe.htc.com/z/pdf/products/1...10_LFLT_INN.pdf )

- Vodafone says it isn't quadband whereas the HTC product sheet says it is.

- Vodafone says it does not have bluetooth

- I thought I read it vibrated?

- Pretty sure it has a slide? Guess it depends on their own definition.

- Infrared could well be a bit dated I guess and a waste of valuable space.

I am hoping that the changes to Vodafones data will let me finally browse Vodafone live! but I have left some details and asked them to contact me.

Guest geosta
Vodafones specs seem to differ from that of HTCs product sheet.

( http://www.europe.htc.com/z/pdf/products/1...10_LFLT_INN.pdf )

- Vodafone says it isn't quadband whereas the HTC product sheet says it is.

- Vodafone says it does not have bluetooth

- I thought I read it vibrated?

- Pretty sure it has a slide? Guess it depends on their own definition.

- Infrared could well be a bit dated I guess and a waste of valuable space.

I am hoping that the changes to Vodafones data will let me finally browse Vodafone live! but I have left some details and asked them to contact me.

I also have noticed this - surely Vodafone wouldn't be crippiling the device this badly. Its one thing to take out VOIP from the N95 but seriously, taking out Bluetooth and Quad-band support in a business-only phone? Surely their marketing department has stuff up here.

Guest The Doctor
I also have noticed this - surely Vodafone wouldn't be crippiling the device this badly. Its one thing to take out VOIP from the N95 but seriously, taking out Bluetooth and Quad-band support in a business-only phone? Surely their marketing department has stuff up here.

Carriers NEVER get the specs right :P This is just a worse example than the others. Orange didn't even publicise the fact that the M700 had GPS and then deemed 'stylus' a feature so important it had to be on the basic specification :rolleyes:

Phil

Guest martinlaidlaw
They need to make it a consumer offering, and introduce a decent consumer data plan.

In my experience previously, you have been able to get smartphones in the business section from Vodafone on a consumer contract, I got the V1240 just by asking for it by name when ordering (you can't do this on the website though) I agree about the need for a decent data plan!

Guest uczmeg
In my experience previously, you have been able to get smartphones in the business section from Vodafone on a consumer contract, I got the V1240 just by asking for it by name when ordering (you can't do this on the website though) I agree about the need for a decent data plan!

I agree, I got the v1240 in exactly the same way.

It took them a little longer to find it, but they had no problem upgrading me to one.

And that upgrade runs out in, oh, about 3 days.

Lools like a vox will be mine soon... :rolleyes:

Guest damianbyrne

I now have this device (Vodafone branded)

* Keyboard seems to slide out the wrong way, especially for those used to the Hermes, etc.

* if you use eMoze, it doesn't (yet I hope) work with this device

* No 3G, not too bad for me but could put a few people off

* Nice that it accepts y Orange Sim without the need to unlock

* Keys are Very small

* It does have Bluetooth

* It does Vibrate

Although I am on an Orange contract, I have been advise price changes for Vodafone are coming soon, with possibly a £25 per month unlimited data tariff (Not sure if this applies to those on a voice tariff).

All in all a fantastic phone, I wanted this on Orange but upgraded before it came out, and is an upgrade to my recently "sat on" Qtek 8500.

Hope this helps

Edited by damianbyrne

• 2 weeks later...
Guest StijnBel

Does anyone have an idea when Vodafone will include the Vox into its direct email product line ? I heard that they were writing the necessary software, but they couldn't give me a time indication.

Edited by StijnBel

Guest bocsta
Does anyone have an idea when Vodafone will include the Vox into its direct email product line ? I heard that they were writing the necessary software, but they couldn't give me a time indication.

just ring up the Business section and order it

Guest GuyAdams

I have ordered this, arrives on Monday.

For anyone else who is on a consumer contract and wants this device:

You will probably be told you can't because its a business phone, however don't despair.

Simply ring back later asking for you PAC code to move your contract else where, when asked why tell them.

By doing this I now have a v1415 on its way to me and 6 months free data (120MB per month), amazing what you can get when you threaten to leave.

Also I'm on a £25 per month contract, I dont think you would get all the data if you are on anything lower.

Thanks

Edited by GuyAdams

Guest simon211175

I emailed Vodafone about smartphones that would be available when my T-mobile contract is up in July - they confirmed the VOX is available now as the QTEK V1415 - no mention of business only, as I am not a business customer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.